Expanding Youtube Channel

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by DMiT, 2014-01-24.

1. DMiT

DMiT Suiciding with SUV Leaderboard

So, as some of you may know - I make DayZero videos. If you haven't checked them out the link is in my sig :).

However, I am looking to expand into other games / Mods or maybe just really up my content of DayZero on the channel. Seeing as you guys are brutally honest but also quite good with suggestions + are players of the Mod my videos are currently about, I thought I would ask you guys if there's any games you would like to see someone play or a style of DayZero video that you haven't seen before or prefer.

Any help would be great - but of course you could all make me look like a lonely bastard and not reply to the thread / flame or troll it. Either is fine, but I thought it would be a decent try to see if I could get some feedback.

In my last video I asked for some and I was sent messages asking for:

- Under ten mins
    - NO DAYZ SA
    - Less of the flanking / story
    - More of the flank / story
    - ALL ACTION
    - MORE GAMES

What games though? And what type of action?

Anyway, cheers. I'm currently writing an essay for University and this seemed like appropriate procrastination.

Peace

WooWoo and A.kirkham like this.
  2. More kill comps with epic bass drop 420 blaze it fagg0t. Dungeons & Dragons irl gameplay and maybe actually playing DayZero. Oh and many many WooWoos.

DMiT likes this.
  3. DMiT

My next montage features drop shots and an epic Lee Sin maneuver in time to a dubsteps song that also references Zelda. It also has some Portal 2 gameplay as well as IRL D&D for u.

WooWoo likes this.
  4. DMiT

Almost everything tbh!

5. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

You shoud start streaming again! Since Break, captainsill and Kenny stopped streaming/playing DayZero there haven't really been anyone consistently streaming DayZero at all. It's a shame really :\

Crowen and Frags' like this.
  6. Would be nice to see alot more videos of squad play coming out mate, enjoy them.

Frags' likes this.
  7. Frags'

Frags' The Legend Leaderboard

Great idea, whatever you do! Will be looking forward to watching more of your vids!

8. Laela

Laela Survivor Leaderboard

Try playing amnesia with cam, could be worth of watching. :eek:

9. Hmmmm, too over-done already.

Rust, maybe? I don't have that game, mainly because DayZero is forever in my heart - but I enjoy watching videos of it.
    Could give it a shot. To me, all the people PvP'ing there are noobs, would be cool to get some hardcore DayZero players there to fuck shit up erryday.

Oooor just keep on playing DayZero. Make a funny moments montage or smth idno.

10. Play games you love like there was no tomorrow and don't try to cover up boring gameplay with shity dumbstep etc and magic might happen :)

Crowen likes this.
  11. poetic

osten likes this.
  12. DMiT

I play Rust - ZOMBIES.NU even have a server up but it's not been released publcly as far as I'm aware.

Streaming is a possibilty but I can't record + stream at the same time so I will have to properly sit down and make a schedule for it. Plus there's the added risk of being SS'd, although this has never happened to me so I might start streaming again.

Guess I'll have to get my head down and stop dying so I can make some beast footage. Thinking of doing some lonewolf style ones like Osten / Break did but I don't want to seem like a copy cat haha

13. lonewolf videos

14. Do a 10x10 Minesweeper game in 10 seconds.

DMiT likes this.
  15. Do what you normally do but add some storytelling in between & cut away the boring parts of running/waiting. When I say storytelling I dont mean that you should tell your viewers a lullaby. Just go into where you are heading, why you are doing it & while you're doing that you should show a map demonstrating the path you've taken.

DMiT likes this.
  16. DMiT

Yeah I've been thinking of doing more explanation / voice overs. Will have to see what it's like. Also trying to up my video quality!

17. I also would like to see more DayZero vids, and like Jonas said it would be great to have some more active DayZero streamers too :). And lonewolf videos sound great too, no matter who else has done it before (its impossible these days to do pretty much anything without having someone done it before anyway ^^ ).

18. Yesh but if he does that we will tttake notes and work out his mlg tactics

19. CBB

CBB Chuck Bass Leaderboard

You can stream and record at the same time with OBS im pretty sure. Just go to streaming settings and click save to file and choose where you want it to save.

20. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

computer might blow up tho :p