What about 3DP:OFF ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by snowjungle, 2012-10-07.

1. VanZ0r

VanZ0r Survivor

which would be cool if we could see your head poking over the wall...rather than it being a total bs periscope noob feature.

We all know you wouldn't be poking your head out like 90% of the time once the shooting starts... 3D is bobbins, like some kids console game or 'War Inc' lmfao.

You'll see a dramatic reduction in camping and ambushes with 3D off, as players will have to reveal more in order to retain situational awareness...

Of all the things that make the game/combat easy 3D is the biggest crutch IMHO.

Killswitch and lemonsqueezy like this.
  2. SeekingNirvana

SeekingNirvana Shipwrecked

This GAME is not supposed to be EXACTLY like real life. Not every single tweak is supposed to be like real life.

3. Gunni

Gunni Shipwrecked

Always prefered 3rd person off, so everyone is equal to others who dont like using it.

4. Yes, it is. It's supposed to be a survival experience in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. That's why they will be removing even more of the UI in the standalone. I never get why people defend having less immersion. How's that bad to anybody?

The reason why there's no 3p on is because it seems most people like to cheat and look around corners in 3p without the risk of getting shot. Tansien tried it out but the server was basicly empty. A pity ... I enjoyed it very much.

Killswitch likes this.
  5. Killswitch

Killswitch Shipwrecked

Agreed, I simply love 1st person only servers, way more immersive and realistic that way. Too bad most of the dayz players are pussys and avoid 3dp off servers. Of course I could play in 1st person but then I'd be in a huge disadvantage against others who use 3dp.

6. Ilari

Ilari Shipwrecked

I truly support 1st person server. I hope that kind comes soon, it adds realism so much.

7. iNko

iNko Hero

I'm looking forward to SE2.

I totally disagree with the OP berating people for using 3DP on a 3DP enabled server. If you don't like it find another server or wait for SE2.

8. FearMe

FearMe Hero

I only use third person because of the limited FOV in first person, it just gives me claustrophobia if i keep in it too long.

fjutte likes this.
  9. fjutte

fjutte Scavenger

I like the third person view best. The DayZ mod is about survival, it's not a First Person Shooter.

10. deadlift

deadlift Scavenger

Can't count the number of times 3DP:eek:n saved me from snipers

11. snowjungle

snowjungle Scavenger

It's not a First Person Shooterand it's not a Third Person Shooter. it's not a Shooter. It's a realistic-survival mode, and third person is not f***ing realistic! 3DP is more faggiest thing in this game.

12. fjutte

fjutte Scavenger

No, nv goggles, scoped weapons and not being able to use the hunting knife for .. hunting.. are the "faggiest" things, not mentioning players who get this "survival" game mixed up with COD or BF3 and shoot at sight. I wouldn't want to meet anyone ingame irl :/

13. FeRMer

FeRMer Shipwrecked Leaderboard

great idea. 2 servers for 3dp off. It must be a lot slots for true gamer)

14. Danno

Danno Scavenger Leaderboard

If you remove the third person view you no longer have any peripheral view that we humans with a set of eyes usually have ;-). This simply does not exist when you view the game from a monitor.

I still think we should try with first person only. Try it out for a week or so, discuss, evalue, reivew and then decide wheter it should remain with third person view on or off.

Just my 2 cents.

15. fjutte

fjutte Scavenger

If the zombies.nu servers will remove the 3rd person view, at least re-add the peripheral dots. A peripheral view IS realistic.

16. Kalle

Kalle Scavenger Leaderboard

Would be amazing, but first I would like to get death messages on and maybe crosshair and global chat. Crosshair is not necessery but death messages would be cool + global chat would be amazingly good for community and having fun.

17. snowjungle

snowjungle Scavenger

WTF? Are you kidding me? You tell me about crosshair, death message and global chat? For what? It's more lammy then 3DP.

It would be nice