Some forum suggestions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Teskuz, 2012-10-03.

?

Which suggestion(s) did you like?

1. Sub-categories

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Usergroups

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Donations

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. All of them

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  5. None of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. They're decent, but you need to change X.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

Sub-categories
    Cool story, bro. *
    ├ SE1
    ├ SE2
    ├ SE3
    └ SE4
    Call me maybe?
    ├ Hello my name is... (**NEW**)
    └ Clan recruitment
    Outside DayZ
    ├ Media
    └ Programming
    Issues & Bug reports **
    └ Website related bugs
    Hackers
    └ Appeal

Usergroups
    1-49 Posts
    Shipwrecked
    50-99 Posts
    Survivor
    100-199 Posts
    Scavenger
    200-499 Posts
    Hero
    500+ Posts
    ZOMBIE (Yeah, I'm sure someone can come up with something better LOL)

Donations
    I guess that even though Dreamhack has donated servers, a little extra tip for Tansien's incredible work won't hurt the server performance our the motivation to keep the servers alive. But, as we all know, people want something in return for donations (even though the servers are more than enough for me). So my ideas to encourage other users to donate are the following.

1) Players who donate will be able to set a custom signature on the forums. [√] ***
    2) Players who donate will have access to a VIP forum section. [√] ***
    3) Players who donate will have a place in a "Hall of Fame" section. [] ***
    4) Players who donate will have the option to set a colour to their name/title. []
    5) Players who donate will get early access to upcoming servers (like Lingor). []
    6) Players who donate will be able to have their survivor skin changed to something similar but different. []
    This was the ones I came up with. I guess that some of them are less realistic than others.

----------------------------- THE END -----------------------------

Now, my dear friends, I want you to tell me which of the ideas you liked and which ones you did not like.

* The "Cool story, bro." main page will be used for server-wide stories, whilst the server specific sub-categories are supposed to be for threads like "Who shot me there?" "Someone alt + f4'd" "This clan is better than that clan".
    ** The main category is for server related bugs, which there are plenty of. Might be good to separate those from website bugs.
    *** This are the ideas that Tansien came up.

aerosolswe likes this.
  2. Vipala

Vipala Hero

All of them, but i voted for all 4 lol.:oops:

3. Freddy

Freddy Hero

VIP sections on forums never get used, it would just add clutter. As a Donator, doesn't bother me if I get anything in return, just as long the servers keep going strong. I'll be donating a minimum of €20 a month.

4. Teskuz

Ofc, I'm a donator as well but let's face it, most people will donate if they get something special in return. The VIP section as of now is the "inner circle", where we get to know about the server progress and such. But it's true that VIP sections are rarely used.

Glad you're donating though! :)

5. Walrus

Walrus Svensken Leaderboard

Alternative 6 is a nice feature I think, I would definetly donate to get a nice skin :) even though it's noting special, every little helps.

6. Teskuz

Ok, I'm going to update this post frequently, I've added a new suggestion to the "Sub-sections".

And yes.. This is a bump!