Major suggestion(s)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Eken, 2012-10-02.

1. Eken

Eken Godlike Leaderboard

Instead on focus on fixing new skins etc, maybe fix all the damn bugs, laggs etc. Is it just me or does the server(s) get more and more bugs instead of less? The lag started 2-3 days ago and have been getting worse. Zombies spawn, but no loot. Crash site loot doesn't spawn, lagg as fuck, backpacks dissapear, camo clothing turns into ghillie and ghillie turns into 2 ghillies.

Anything else?

Oh, if possible. Fix the god damn zombies. They trigger you WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to easy, I manage to lay still in grass, but still trigger zombies 100-120 meters away sometimes... And freaking zombies run to fast even for veteran.

Fix the servers before adding stuff... Please? <3

2. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

I think Tansien turned the difficulty up to expert(?) and he reduced the loot @ chopper/plane crashes.

The lagg (e.g loosing debug monitor, everything going slow, out of sync and such) is because of those godforsaken threads. Threads is like a sub-process, for instance a program usually only run 1 process but multiple threads inside the process. ArmA2 creates a thread @ the server, every time someone connects or leaves the server which eventually leads to the server having 500+ threads before the process is terminated (aka restart). Tansien stated in the IRC (#zombies.nu) that he and another guy have rewritten the code from scratch to try solve this issue and the new code will be implemented in the 00.00 restart (40 minutes after this was posted).
    The zombie issue you're talking about haven't occurred to me yet and I've been laying beside zombies on an open field.
    So trust me, he is focusing on the bugs prior to the skins and maps.

Hope this cleared your confusions.

3. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

Bigquestion: What IRC-network is the channel in? =) - (I want more ways to bug Tansien with questions and suggestions ;D)

4. QuakeNet, #zombies.nu

5. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Trust me, performance and bug fixing is my #1 priority!
    New content is nice, but as you said, it's important you can actually PLAY too!

Eken likes this.
  6. In Tansien we trust yes