Headset Problem

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Arzcy, 2013-08-08.

1. Arzcy

Arzcy Survivor Leaderboard

So, yesterday I noticed my mic wouldn't work anymore so i decided to take 2 of my brothers headsets and try them, wich are the "Razor Electra" and "Razor Taimat 7.1". However, when i try to speak to my friend in skype he can hear my sound about as good as myself. I thought it was me just having too much volume but that doesn't seem like the case anymore when i can go down to 30% before he can't hear it. So I didn't realy know where to turn so i decided to ask you guys if you know any solutions? Meanwhile, i'll be searching for one myself.

2. Prolox

Prolox Split your lungs with blood and thunder. Leaderboard

So your voice is to high?
    i think there should be drivers for those to headsets, if so make sure you install them.

3. Arzcy

I checked if there were drivers, I couldn't find any. My voice isn't too high, it's just that when i for example play counter strike you'd be able to hera me shooting.

4. Prolox

Prolox Split your lungs with blood and thunder. Leaderboard

you need to turn stereo sound off.

5. Arzcy

I use Windows 8 so it's off as default, i tried activateing it and turning it down to 0, yet no improvement.. :/

6. quick tip - NEVER EVER BUY ANY RAZER PRODUCT EVER

Rogorugu, M|J, unique and 1 other person like this.

7. Nah sorry bro. Razer Deathadder best mouse ever <3

8. Arzcy

I managed to solve it, fixing around with stereo mix, turning it on and putting it down to 0 instead, now i have less of a problem. ty everyone for trying to help!

9. Ive had some booring headset issues aswell, bought the mad catz freq7, they were great but crappy mic, switched to turtle beach xp seven's they were crap for me atleast, so now i got my Astro A40's +mixamp, they work great, best headset ive ever had! :)

10. Astros and Turtle Beaches are awesome. Razer mice are good, but the headsets, they just scream cheap plastics and echo.

11. the deathadder is the ONLY exception.

12. Hombre-CZ-

Hombre-CZ- Unwilling gear donator Leaderboard

I bought Razer Carcharias and had to return it back next day.
    When I put them on, it was like if I was listening to the sea, it was hissing as hell.

I tried to use my charger for mobile phone, with USB connector, connected headset there and still hissing.
    Tried several wall sockets, still hissing, even guy back at the shop connected it to their laptop and it was immediately hissing.

So my experience with Razor is that they do good miece and ok keyboard, but the rest I would not touch.
    Plus you pay extra for the brand and not sure if it's worth.

I then bought Asus Orion and they are okish.

13. Arzcy

It was kinda hard for me to get used to the 7.1 surround experience, you can hear the wind in Arma and it's very hard to get used to feeling like you actually hear your feet below you, lol... But i noticed it was hard to hear stuff infront of me, so i installed a Razor 7.1 software and optimized it for Tiamat 2.2 instead of 7.1 and now my 7.1 got even more surround and i can hear everything lol. It's working great so far.

14. Hlln

Hlln Hero

Hold on there chaps.. been sporting the abyssus for quite some time now.

15. its alright mate, some never learn...

16. Hlln

Hlln Hero

Haters gonna hate

olumox likes this.