INTRODUCING: The DayZero Launcher

Discussion in 'General' started by Ron Swanson, 2013-08-05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. with 1.0.0.6 launcher?

2. Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson Give me all the bacon you have. Leaderboard Administrator

It doesn´t seed while you're not downloading yourself.
    If it does, update your launcher.

3. Ron Swanson

I've changed the launcher to just warn you if you don't seem to have C++ 2010 Redistributable installled. If you have it installed, game works but the warning pops up just leave it.

If you're real awesome you'll tell me where your registry key called "Installed" is for your C++ 2010 Redistributable.

Atm we assume it's here as it should be:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VC\VCRedist\x86]
    or
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VC\VCRedist\x64]

If you can tell me where your key is I'll add it to the list and you won't get the bug anymore.

4. The latest version fixed this issue for me. Thanks for the quick update.

5. Is it possible to launch dayzero through steam, if you have added your arma 2-games as non-steam games? I'm getting redirected to the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead store page whenever I try to join a server through the launcher. :/
    I've added arma2, arma 2:co and even arma2oa, and dayzerolauncher as well.

Launching the game from steam and using the ingame server browser works fine if you add mod launch parameters to it (some error message you gotta click away though). I'd love to be able to use the launcher though.

6. Ron Swanson

Just click settings and launch with steam. No need to do anything in steam itself.

7. I've removed the non-steam game shortcuts from steam, quit it. Opened launcher and checked the "launch with steam" box in settings. Whenever I try to join a server through it, steam opens up and takes me to the store page still... :-(

8. Ron Swanson

You need ARMA 2 OA installed through steam

9. Deranger

Deranger Give me all the ammo Leaderboard

Any way that the launcher can recognise that I have the right files after relocating my installs?

I have arma2 and arma2 oa installed through steam, and I had to do a back up and then relocated my DayZero files back to the steam location afterwards. Now for some reason it says out of date for dayzero version, but when i click install latest it tells me im up to date. However even at this point it does not let me join through the launcher as the server options are in grey, not white text.

I am currently using the armaII launcher instead

10. use the settings and the game directories for for arma2 arma oa and dayzero to set the right path
    in the launcher

Deranger likes this.
  11. Deranger

Deranger Give me all the ammo Leaderboard

That worked Acre, thanks. For some reason it was wrong :/

Sweet :)

12. Flame81

Flame81 DayZero Stream-king/babydad Leaderboard Staff Member Gamemaster Forum Moderator

I cant seem to get the 1.2.0.0 launcher downloaded, any tips?

13. why is 1.2 out?

14. Same, it's stuck on "Downloading...", never finishes (or start?).

15. was so excited when i saw the versions button yellow

and then only launcher update -_-

16. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

I downloaded new version and lanucher deleted:O wtf

DeltaRyan and miniddw like this.
  17. same

18. rajkosto

rajkosto Developer Leaderboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.