Can a man change?

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Kolnesen, 2013-08-01.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. That quote is completely irrelevant as the person in question did cheat, not to mention brooksie is right(quoting the rules).

olumox and Brooksie like this.
  2. Title changed to fit the topic & moved from General -> Outside Dayz (since it's more of a philosophical question)

joeymofo likes this.
  3. Mokretsy

Mokretsy Hero

Advocating rules do not defend unsympathetic behavior.

IceBeam125 and xSudden like this.

4. Let me guess, everyone who doesn't agree with you is considered unsympathetic?

5. Mokretsy

Mokretsy Hero

Wrong. And do not guess again, please.

6. Silesky

Silesky The Gif King Leaderboard

Trusting someone ingame has nothing to do with trusting someone outside of the game. As I said already the majority of us play online games to escape from the real world. SO trusting another in game player is completely different from a real life person. You can act however you want to online. However in saying that everyone knows that DayZero is a PvP mod. Always has been and always will be. Now there are some friendly people on the coast but most people are not to be trusted.

In reference to your comment on "can't thrust ex hackers is not true." it is true. Hackers are hackers. Do it once and that is it. You only get one chance and one chance only. Even if you paid Tansien a £1,000,000 you still wouldn't be allowed to play. Trust is broken as soon as you hack. You cannot repair that. This community is very strict with it's anti hack and it damn right should be.

Please before you make a comment again just think about it. Trusting someone ingame is completely different to outside the game.

Kolnesen likes this.
  7. Harbinger

Harbinger Your Master Leaderboard

trust can be gained

Kolnesen likes this.
  8. Hlln

Hlln Hero

Can't take you seriously now I'm afraid

9. Silesky

That's fine, you know I am right. And that's the example I could give which is the most absurd thing equal to allowing a hacker to play on Zombies.nu

10. Silesky

Not once it has been broken in this sense. And guess what? This is why most ban appeals are rejected.

11. Molliturpa69

Molliturpa69 Paying Customer Leaderboard

I just don't see any reason for unbanning people if they are caught hacking. No matter what. Of course you most likely do regret because it has forced you to pay money and actually suffer from your wrongdoing but it's just one of those things that should teach you a lesson (Like when you were young, you didn't get dessert if you punched your sister!). Just live with the consequences and never ever hack in the future.

Tho I totally agree with Wigguli, who explained the problem with some users' behaviour here. If the guy actually comes up with some logical explanation and is acting like a normal people, you may want to try that too.

12. I love the way the ones who have hacked in the past are all for unbanning him. It's so cute.

If you was running a server, would you want hackers in there?

13. Hlln

Hlln Hero

Offtopic: brooksy.. haha.. "ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW" had a rough day when I shot you in a barn?

joeymofo and mellowcat like this.

14. And you're happy you was camping a coastal barn because? gtfo this thread with the off topic bullshit.

olumox likes this.
  15. RedT3rror

RedT3rror Survivor

In the internet I can be everything, I could be a doctor, I could be a winner, I could be a reliable or trustworthy person, I could be a hero, I could be a penitent criminal/hacker and I could change my character every second...

16. Arzcy

Arzcy Survivor Leaderboard

Harbringer, a guy who have donated to this serer, you don't need to, but it's probably for the reasons anyone would donate, for the sake of the community staying alive, and the small benefit of getting a reserved slot. If he'd get banned for stateing that he in the past was a hacker that's just wrong. Cause it's like he bail himself out when he buys a new game imho, and why in hell would someone donate and shit if they were going to hack ont he servers? As the other ex-admin stated before how it takes guts to explain yourself, and someone else said it didn't cause he was already busted as a hacker, but Harbringer only told his story to change the chances of the other guy's fate, using that to ruin his own is just wrong.

Kolnesen and xSudden like this.
  17. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Where is the lock ?!!

MadMax likes this.

18. [​IMG]

MadMax and joeymofo like this.
  19. xSudden

xSudden Hero

so far i cannot follow your useful statement. its an outside dayz philosophical discussion and admins dealt accordingly by moving this thread.
    take part in it and say something useful that adds up here.
    admins will do their job and when they think a lockdown is necessary they will do it.
    no matter what deputy sherrif papsh thinks

Cawn likes this.
  20. xSudden

xSudden Hero

back to topic.

some ppl dont read the whole thread before posting which is sad. its not a question of unbanning this particular player anymore.
    its a question of a player doing mistakes.
    like red terror says, you can be anything on the internet. and that exactly makes the admin work hard in deciding whos ban to lift and who not. i can understand zero tolerance philosophy since anybody can show up in a forum and pretend to be regretful and nice if it suits their purpose. not lifting any hacking bans is just a way of not taking a risk, and there is much to lose since zombies.nu is not only a community but also a business regarding the costs of the whole system. people will not donate if frequent hackers are present. and lifting bans is taking a risk every single time.

but still, you simply cannot say that ppl cant change and more important you shall not confront anybody who is talking to you in a neutral respectful way with a disrespectful attitude. you just dont know who you deal with. it could be a stupid kid who is trying to fool you, it could be a person who really regrets his or her behaviour.
    hereby its completly irrelevant if his ban gets lifted or not. a working community is not a backyard for disrespecting each other (some ppl of course will always step out of the line its just how the internet works).

and if it comes to trust/cheating/regreting things...everybody and i mean EVERYBODY has his scelletons in the basement.
    some might have hacked in the younger ages, others cheated on their girlfriend, some have stolen candy without being caught and most of us have cheated in an exam. plain fact.

now imaginge every single store owner/future girlfriend/teacher/admin will treat you exactly accordingly to your previous behaviour not caring for who you are and what you have become. it just would not work for all of us.

everybody makes mistakes, some learn from it, some dont. some grow from it, some dont.
    learn to seperate them.

42nd Turtle, Kolnesen and IceBeam125 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.