Can a man change?

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Kolnesen, 2013-08-01.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolnesen

Kolnesen Shipwrecked

Some men don't realize that people change. If we did not believe that people can change, then why do we put them in prison? So what you say is, if a man does a crime, he can never change? Why don't we just execute everybody who does a crime, because they can never change, right?
    Well I'm gonna tell you something funny, it's god d*mn true that people change. You know why, because people get wiser, learn, morals, ethics.
    Then why do you say that a person can't change?

I played at your server's for a god week, and I loved your mod. But then you decide to ban me from your mod. Cause of something that happened a long time ago, on another user, in another "life".
    So I said to myself that I could change, I bought Arma 2 oa, all new, and started playing again. Because I wanted to play, I played all the mods for DayZ. Suddenly I see a video about a new mod that have come out, called DayZero. It was so nice, I love it (still does) cause of the strict security. Because I knew now, that hackers where bad.
    All I want is to play on your mod, not breaking point, not origins, but your mod, cause I love the effort you are putting in to this.

Hope you read it

Hans Martin B KjĂžlnes

Would like to get the community's thoughts on this.

2. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

I have to admit that this is probably the most well written ban appeal, therefore I'll try to give the most polite response to one as well, however, as you pointed out, we have very strict rules when it comes to cheating and we're doing whatever we can to keep it that way.

I'm going to remain as objective as I can in this case and my beliefs doesn't matter and I'm sure there will be different opinions from the community regarding this. But I'm going to be honest, the chances of you getting unbanned are very slim, not because we believe you will cheat again, it's because we have to follow our own principles and that's how a non-corrupt community works.
    I am sure you will understand both the admins as well as the other players concerns.

3. Kolnesen

Kolnesen Shipwrecked

Of course, Thank you for your opinion, I really appreciate it :)

4. Hanness

Hanness ZNU bitch Leaderboard

What did you actually do?

5. Kolnesen

Kolnesen Shipwrecked

They banned me because I tried to hack for a year ago (got me banned). I decided to buy arma again and continue playing DayZ. Of course they had to find the old skeletons in the closet, and ban me for it. And that was on another user as well? That's what happened.

6. Leave and never come back. It is your fault and nobody elses. how can you expect the admins to believe a word you say? you've done it once, you'll do it again.

Silesky, Kennyy, Cubie and 5 others like this.
  7. id think you would have never been allowed to play if u had been global banned, not suddenly after a week or so you get banned if u did something on another guid :p i smell bs :) gtfo m8.

Kennyy and Enemy11 like this.
  8. If he bought the game again I don't think it's fair to ban him outright for something he has done earlier and gotten punished for. That said, hacking is maybe one of the things that hurts this game the most, but I'd still give him a second chance.

If it happens again, perma-ban!

Gray Fox and Kolnesen like this.
  9. +1.

Silesky and Brooksie like this.
  10. Harbinger

Harbinger Your Master Leaderboard

Well, to be honest i too had once been globally banned for hacking, just tried it out for fun, but all I did with the hacks was spawn some choppas and get some fun (every 2nd player was hacking back then cause it was impossible to play otherwise), it happened over a year ago now, since then i got a new copy and been playing normally, so i think you can give this guy a chance

Kolnesen likes this.
  11. I say give him a chance but put a collar on him ;-) and hes not allowed to leave cherno for a month

honest and all but i have a feeling i wont be seeing u in game anymore...
    but true i dont wanna be rude since this is the first ever well written ban appeal compared to "dog pressed insert key on my keyboard and then my cheat engine turned on and then my dog pressed 5 on numpad and spawned apache's all over the map, fucking dog!! can i get unbanned please?!"

if theres voting i would say give him a chance, but if he hacked on these servers then BE GONE FOUL BEAST!!

Kolnesen likes this.

12. You should be banned also.

Silesky, DMiT and fletch like this.

13. He is banned because he's been on these servers with a globally banned CD-key. When he tries to join with a new one he gets automatically banned again. It's dangerous to be naive about these things and start letting people in just because they post a sobstory about how they have changed. The only thing we know for a fact is that he is a confirmed cheater. It's easy for him to be honest about it now when he's already been busted and shut out. But what if he was never caught? Would he still have "changed"? It might sound cynical but I think not.

MrRaiz0r, Igs, Silesky and 3 others like this.
  14. DMiT

DMiT Suiciding with SUV Leaderboard

I approve of DayZero's Zero-Tolerance stance on hacking (lol excuse the unintended pun) and Kolnessen should not be unbanned.

You wilfully cheated in a game and once a hacker, always a hacker. Anyone who took pity on him should re-consider how they read things on the internet. Because his post is a load of lengthy bull shit.

Also; regarding your comments as to prison sentences and that stuff.. The sentence for hacking is a life-time ban. Just like the sentence for other crimes. Prisoners with such sentences don't get appeals, so neither should you. Life will always come and bite you in the ass and this is a prime example.

Not the best thing to admit in a Ban Appeal thread mate... Don't be surprised if you won't be playing here very much longer...

TurtleFred likes this.
  15. Alpha155

Alpha155 Master at Arms

It's not a ban appeal thread.
    He's made a thread in the ban appeal forums. We've dealt with it.

16. Halo

Halo Survivor Leaderboard

I tried hacking in Dayz a year ago, not this server but others.

Does that mean I should leave aswell?

17. Cawn

Cawn Shipwrecked

I don't know why you'd want to "Try" hacking.

18. Kolnesen

Kolnesen Shipwrecked

I had gotten an idea in my head that I would tp to everyone, and be like santa. Give everyone gifts and everything on panthera :confused:

19. Kolnesen

Kolnesen Shipwrecked

I didn't even got into the game before I got banned, think the hack thing stole my key:p

20. Kolnesen

Kolnesen Shipwrecked

I tried to hack for a long time ago, never again! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.