Link forum account to in-game account

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Freddy, 2012-09-20.

1. Freddy

Freddy Hero

GUID is used by battleye, but its a good way of keeping track of people. Despite what name they use in-game, they can only have 1 forum account per GUID.

I'd also think it would be interesting if, by linking, we could see our overall stats on SE9 and 10 under our names when we post, such as overall murders or zombie kills etc.

lemonsqueezy likes this.
  2. lemonsqueezy

lemonsqueezy Survivor

good suggestion. if this is possible it would be cool.

3. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I've been thinking about doing something like this, its one of the reasons we swapped from vanilla to xenforo. :)

4. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

Also, how about a title based on your performance on the servers? For example me who has like 46% accuracy and a bajillion deaths should be "cannon fodder" or something whilst someone with 100 player kills with a DMR should be "Two shots, one kill" or something similarly silly? ;-)

5. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

Lol, that would include a shitload of $_GET['player_data'] if ('DMR_KILLS' =>100') { $title = "Two shots, one kill" } ... And then you have to start sorting things by making if statements for about every combination, and then, you would have to make new SQL columns for EVERY weapon, AND THEN you would have to log everything.

... Doable? Yes.

uh, and excuse my horrible PHP code.

Edit: Coming to think of it, maybe this would be rather easy when using arrays instead. Still a pain getting the SQL to save data for every weapon used. The column count per player would be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

6. VanZ0r

VanZ0r Survivor

There are lies, damn lies and stats.

Although a fan of stats I'm not sure we need anything more than what's already available on the leaderboards. DayZ is supposed to be a bit different from a regular FPS and with stats bandied about all over the place I think you'll change the dynamic of the game, people WILL play for stats. So you'll see even more geared folks running around the coast racking up easy kills and even more camping.

I've already seen geared up squads camping around Komorovo and above Balota, you know those two areas renowned for high value military, rare item spawns oh and of course unarmed players...

Rivvern likes this.
  7. Vipala

Vipala Hero

this

8. Tobias Solem

Well, stats certainly don't change the way I play. But I do like to look at stats as some kind of measurement.
    For example, for the first 3 days of playing on SE10 I had 14 deaths. For the next three days I have 3, and am currently on life 4 since Friday.
    I like to use it to compare me to myself. So keep the stats but feel free to remove the toplists and highscores - THOSE do incentivize a certain type of playing.

9. Vipala

Vipala Hero

stats change everything, know from multiple experiences in different games. Kill and death ratio the MOST

10. Tobias Solem

...only if displayed publically in some form of high score.