New weapons maybe?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fuddinator, 2012-09-19.

1. First off I already love what you have done with the weapons in the game. Makes things a lot better IMO.

Still I seem a little disappointed in the NATO chopper adding a few GLs and a couple other things but I think it could be even better.

First off I would like to see something along the lines of a mk.17, another 7.62 battle rifle similar to that of the m14, but has full auto mode, albeit in accurate.

The other thing I would like to see is another sniper rifle added in and one removed. I would love to see the L115A2 rifle added into the game. It fires a .338 lapua magnum and gives a longer range then the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge and more damage. In return I would say remove the m107 possibly to balance this out. If it is kept in I would make the ammo for the l115A2 harder to find such as crash sites only.

Just a few suggestions. What you guys think?

2. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Was considering the same thing as you when it comes to the L115 (Arctic Warfare Magnum)
    IE, adding it as the only "large" caliber sniper rifle and removing the M107.

3. I could completely agree with that. Since it would be the only high caliber make it a low barracks spawn and semi rare ammo (like the m107 is now). It would still give a pretty much one shot kill to chest and head. I am just not sure about if it hits arms and legs.

The only arguement I could see leaving in the m107 is for its effectiveness against vehicles, since the .338 lapua magnum was purpose made for engaging human targets at longer ranges where the .50 BMG is used for its range and as an anti-material on soft armored targets i.e. every vehicle in dayZ. Hence is why I suggested the L115 be a chopper only spawn with hard to find ammo.

4. Would love that gun in the game ^^ my weapon of choice in Armex ;-) Looks amazing, sounds great, and best of all it gets the job done.

5. Vipala

Vipala Hero

The M107 is too awesome to remove, just listen to the sound :-D

6. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

Well the L115A2 is an awesome sniper indeed, I would prefer it in front of the M107 any day!
    Making it a crash-site only would be the way to go.
    Removing the m107 would be essential if adding the L115 though and I sorta will miss the sound of it.

... And please, add the golden .44 magnum :')

7. My only argument leaving the m107 in for anti vehicle since the 338 won't do the same damage

8. Disregarding vehicles, a 1-shot kill sniper rifle is a 1-shot kill sniper rifle. There are marginal differences, like the AS50 being quieter in terms of how we hear it (same as M107 for zombies) but overall, it doesn't really matter which 1-hit kill sniper rifle is ingame, they're all functionally the same. Given this server doesn't seem to have the same ALT+F4 problems other servers have, I wouldn't even mind if there wasn't a 1-hit kill sniper rifle, if it wasn't for vehicles. But an increased M136 spawn could always provide some extra capability for that, especially when the M136 is very much a "squad weapon" anyway, due to taking up the backpack slot.

I'd also really like to see some of the newer weapons (and the FN FAL) getting their ammo spawned in military spawns. Yesterday, I found an SA-61 (Skorpion Russian Machine Pistol) at a crash site. I'd have liked it instead of my PDW, because it looks a lot more interesting to use, but I knew I'd never find the ammo anywhere, so I had to leave it.

PDW SD, PKM, RPK (I don't know if this takes regular AK mags but it's not really useful unless you get a drum mag), SVD/SVD with NV/SVD camo, Skorpion SA-61, Makarov SD and FN FAL/FN FAL with NV are all a bit difficult to use due to the fact you can only get the ammo at a heli crash, which will more than likely have the weapon with it. SVD Camo is an exception but it's so rare that the same applies. If the ammo for them was as rare as say, M240 ammo, it would probably be a fair amount, occasionally spawning in deer stands and uncommonly spawning in military spawns.

In my opinion, we just have all these great and interesting weapons that no serious player will ever use, which is a real waste.

9. Far as the one shot kill, I would actually like the see even standard sniper rifles have a good chance of one shot kills to the chest. Adds that extra danger knowing any second you could get one shotted. Makes it a lot more authentic experience for me since I am very big on realism. Do I agree getting shot in the leg by a .50 killing you...no.....but quite frankly you won't have much a leg left at that point. It would lead to a non immediate death. In the end a 7.62 to the chest will really make you have a bad day and probably die from. So realistically all snipers should be possible one shot kills. Reason for the .50s and .338s is that it has a much longer effective range than say the m24. On a good severe clear day in DayZ, you can see up to 1200m, albeit not often, which is 400m beyond the effective range of 7.62 rifles. Plus there is also vehicles.

Far as ammo, I would love to see 10 times less ammo. For all guns. I say all guns should be laying around like candy. It would just be a matter of finding bullets. It would truly add the dynamic of is this player worth the 5~ shots it will take to kill him or just let him go.

10. Freddy

Freddy Hero

I think the M107 should be out of the game, there is no way a civilian could use one of those effectively. If it is decided to be kept in the game, you should lose your backpack if you pick it up, like you used to back in the old days.

Also, vehicles will take heavy damage from regular guns. You don't NEED an anti-material sniper rifle to take out a vehicle in DayZ. I've taken out Urals before with only Carbines and Light Machineguns.

11. Fake

Fake #blametansien Leaderboard

PDW SD takes MP5SD mags btw, you can find them quite often and it's a 30 bullet mag. Best secondary I've picked up, even killed a guy with it the other day ^^

12. That's pretty good, although MP5 SD will sit in your primary inventory slot, taking up space. But tradeoffs are tradeoffs, so I don't mind that. I also saw Ohsi7's video where he picked up a Makarov SD, and he had regular Makarov ammo with it. I don't know how that affects human/zombie hearing in terms of audibility. Either way, the other weapons are still an issue. The ammo needs adding to the loot tables so that they can get some real use.

13. Fake

Fake #blametansien Leaderboard

Yeah, you don't need any more than 2 mags at a time anyway. 60 bullets is 60 zombies in my opinion. Especially as the PDW SD is really accurate and yeah I had the Makarov aswell, I'm pretty certain it never made me aggro'd when I used it.

14. Leman

Leman Hero

Sorry I'm new to the server and just browsed this post... Are there different weapons on this server to the ones in normal dayz? I saw someone on a private hive using a Makrov SD? and people talking about a PDW SD here. Is this stuff already in or is it going to be put in?

I'd just like to say aswell, thanks for letting me join the server, I love it already ! Met a couple of guys on a quad tried to kill them n failed real bad on my first play through ^^ GG

15. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

The makarov and PDW SD's are already in the game as well as an M4 Noobtube with RCO , some russian weapons like RPK, Ak-107 and SVD (non camo) are in too. SE10/9 also replaced the military offroad with a SUV.

Edit: Read this for all the "custom" weapons http://zombies.nu/forum/index.php?threads/as50-l85-removal-more-new-weapons-yaay.417/#post-4671