Killed by...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tobias Solem, 2012-09-18.

1. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

It would be interesting to see statistics on who you were killed by, with a ranking list of arch enemies.

2. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

I'm not so sure about this.
    Let's say someone from highland kills me, then I would be pretty certain that there was more people around which I ofc would tell my clanmates.

The system would most likely be abused.

3. joeymofo

joeymofo Survivor

It would be cool to see stats on what weapons you got kills with and what weapons you died to...

4. Tobias Solem

Well, since the info on the website does not update automatically, this sort of intel would not be usable I think.

5. Hum at first i was sceptical, but i like having nemesis. Im all for this.

But not in realtime ofc, but atm stats arent in realtime anyway.

6. soju

soju Hero

Being able to so after server restart wouldnt be harmful.

7. Freddy

Freddy Hero

I have no problem with "X was killed by Y" coming up on the bottom left. Would make things more interesting and create a strong sense of clan territory.

LOCKIZ, aerosolswe and BobJylland like this.
  8. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I dunno if we wanna publish that information, however we are already logging it.
    Should be mentioned though that the system is not flawless, and gets bogged down over time. There's a serious memory/cleanup issue in DayZ which i need to find and purge with cleansing fire.

9. Freddy

Freddy Hero

If the information is already being logged, why would it make an impact simply showing that information? Quite strange stuff.

10. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

To be honest i might even disable death notifications, maybe just showing "you killed somebody!". I really thinking knowing who you killed, and even worse who killed who would make the game alot less scary.

I mean, you kill an axe guy you can just look ingame and see noone else from axe is online, you know you're safe.
    If you see 5 axe online, you would be acting very differently.

11. Tobias Solem

Perhaps the best thing is to go the other direction and remove murders/bandit kills from the debug screen too. That way you can't be certain if you killed someone unless you actually approach the body and check its contents (or wait until the next day for the stats to update).
    This would add to the tension in long distance fire fights, do I dare go there to check the body out? And what happens if I get there and the body is gone? (it's a trap).

12. Freddy

Freddy Hero

We could still "Study Body" to find their name out, right? I guess that's fair enough.