Heroes of Newerth

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Tansien, 2012-09-16.

1. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Is it just me or do we have a lot of people in the community who plays this game? Is it because we're a bunch of masochists? :-D

Personally i've always loved DotA type games, and i just really love the flow in HoN in comparison with Dota2, which i always feel is lagging in response time...

2. sry to say i feel like HoN is less skills then DotA or DotA 2. I realy love DotA 2 but hate to play public games with 4 russian playing carrys. :-(

3. ollie

ollie Secret Agent Leaderboard

From my perspective it's the other way around, and I've been playing them all for many, many years. HoN is faster and requires you to stay on your toes at all times, but in DotA 2 I could be half asleep.

4. Do not think you've played against some good players at all in DotA 2, Everything is not about how fast the game goes. It is about how you play and the game is played. The heroes in HoN are not good they are bad copies of LoL and DotA heroes. LoL And let's not talk about it is just junk right through

5. ollie

How good the players you face are, has nothing to do with how hard the engine of the game is to control and eventually master.

6. 1800 + mmr when I played with my friends.

7. ollie

What does that have to do with anything?

8. The controll and shit in HoN is not better then DotA2. The game was not responsiv in the beginning but now its like in HoN and about the speed has nothing to do how fast you need to respons and how much you need to be on you toes.

9. Yo, playing Dota since 2006, and played Hon for a year, I think until it became f2p with that legacy shit. Here are my 2 cents:

Ye, hon is abit faster, creeps attack like they are on speed, but do less damage. This makes lasthitting on lane easier (assuming you arent a slowpoke). And I had the feel, that there are so many overpowered heroes in Hon(played only this normal matchrating thingy at I think 1850 or smth.). Everytime I had to face Nomad or Chipper in mid, I would rage.
    But Dota is 3 times deeper. There are so many tricks only few people know, for example how to harrass on lane without getting aggro, even if you are standing in the middle of the creeps.
    Another good example of this is Invoker. Invoker has 10 Spells, each of them has something special, that isnt listed in the description and only some people know. Tornado for example purges most positive buffs, if you have Wex on 7 and Quas 5 you will always hit the combo, even if they have a non-item blink.

And I actually played DotA and Dota2 on a quite high level, never got paid of it, but got far in some tournaments, even with known teams in it.
    And the best example is H4nn1, who played Dota for mouz, was one of the best players. Then played Hon, was one of the best there. And then came back to Dota2 and was the most overrated scrub :-D

Kim Danneholt likes this.
  10. Yes that was the perfekt saying.

11. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Really, OP heroes in HoN? :p
    One word: Faceless Void. THE most broken carry ever made.
    I think I got something like 24-0 with him when I first got into the Dota2 beta last fall. You just can't fail with him if you know how to farm. Passive bash, passive evasion that stacks with items. And yeah if that wasen't enough, lets trow in a teleport and the ability to freeze time, so even if a carry manages to match your damage output, they can't do shit anyways.

Invoker is pretty OP too, though few players knows how to play him properly.

12. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

From my experience DotA2 is way more unbalanced than HoN, haven't played much of either game though.

... Yes I'm a LoL player :'(

13. Well, in public every well played hero is op, thats why I mentioned that I've never scrimmed in HoN :p

Actually Void isn't picked in scrims anymore, Invoker ist mostly a 2nd pick period pick, since he is too damn obvious

14. No hero is OP in DotA 2 if you know how to pick. You need to pick right to win vs some heroes that right but it a part of the game.

15. lemonsqueezy

lemonsqueezy Survivor

Yep, Hon > Dota2 in my opinion.

1800-1900 MMR HON. TSLemonsqueezy

CAIOLOL likes this.
  16. weaksauce85

weaksauce85 Shipwrecked

I like Smite. The 3rd person view is a nice change of pace for a MOBA. Really makes the action flow much faster imo.

17. ollie

Yeah Smite is fun from time to time, it's a nice change of pace. Sadly I don't think it has what it takes to reach the top.

18. oooooh i dident like Smite at all bäää