How to be a better at CQB

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dustgone, 2013-03-07.

1. Dustgone

Dustgone Survivor

Part 1: Close Quarter Combat Battle (CQC/CQB). In this part I will talk about the movement in CQB, slicing the pie, double tap, keeping your back clear and to stay as protected but combat efficient as possible.^^

Enjoy!

2. Dustgone

Dustgone Survivor

Also noteworthy; Why it's important to check the other corner is to better use your FOV. If you were to check your own corner then half your FOV would be wasted.

Also this technique is good to learn since it will be implemented in the team CQB tactics which I'll do later.

3. Gustapo

Gustapo Survivor

Again, great video!

*thumbs up*

Dustgone likes this.
  4. Dustgone

Dustgone Survivor

Thx man! Means alot!

5. Very informative videos, right to the point every time. Thx!

Dustgone likes this.
  6. Tuomari

Tuomari Scavenger

When checking corners, you should take a few steps away from the wall.

Dustgone likes this.
  7. From Dustgone... (He can't post pics)

[​IMG]

jackrobbx, Rogorugu and Dustgone like this.
  8. Dustgone

Dustgone Survivor

It's all situational. Not sure what you mean with "a few steps" but I think the pic shows my standpoint.

9. Bradley Manning

Bradley Manning Scavenger

Thank you for these. Always good stuff you're posting.

Dustgone likes this.
  10. sergejeff

sergejeff Scavenger

Thank you once again :]

11. Tuomari

Tuomari Scavenger

I'll take a few pictures and show you what I mean and why it is important to take a few steps away from the wall. I'm not saying that you should go to the other side of the road. Only 1-1.5 meters.

Edit: Everyone who has been in the army, SWAT or other rapid deployment unit knows what I mean.

Dustgone and Bradley Manning like this.
  12. Dallebull

Dallebull Survivor

Sweet, can u UL the mission? :)

13. Prolox

Prolox Split your lungs with blood and thunder. Leaderboard

Tip #1: get the best pc and internet connection you can get your hand on cause that's going to make the most difference.

14. Vipala

Vipala Hero

The funny thing about cqb in arma is its highly unreliable and glitchy.You might load a full mag into someone and after you are done they will shoot you once and you both will die at the same time.

15. aldar98

aldar98 Shipwrecked

Slicing the pie is to be considered unreliable as long as you are on servers that have 3rd person enabled.

16. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

Moar people need to start playing 1st only :)

MrRaiz0r, Para [iW] and aldar98 like this.
  17. bnz

bnz Always late and usually AFK. Leaderboard

Didn't learn much from the video but it made me want some pie!

18. I think you explained the "slicing the pie" part wrong.

"slicing a pie" is about engaging enemies behind a corner step by step, like eating one slice of a pie one after another. You don't eat one pie as a whole, do you?
    [​IMG]

The distance to the corner determines how great the field of view behind the corner is. The further away you are the smaller are the "slices of the pie".

What you said in your video about that has nothing to do with it, the enemy wouldn't spot you even if you were 2meters from the corner because naturally, the shoulder sticks out to the left and the eyes are in the head, not the shoulder.

celld likes this.
  19. If you are not playing on a third person server, then they will see you anyway...

20. Frosti

Frosti Scavenger

Yeah pc that can handle all the zombies and action in towns and not drop below ~15-20 frames and ping below 100 is entry level. Without those most CQB battle will be with technical difficulities and lag and not aganist other players :rolleyes: