Guide: Faces with camo-paint / custom glasses

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rogorugu, 2013-02-02.

1. This might be common knowledge to some of you guys but for those that didnt know you can change your face in a legit way to make it have camo-painting and different glasses. Like this:

faces2.jpg

Go into My Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/YourPlayerName/PlayerName.ArmA2OAProfile
    You can open the file with notepad. Search for Identity. You will find something like this:

class Identity
    {
    face="Face81_camo6";
    glasses="Delta_glasses";
    speaker="Male04";
    squad="";
    pitch=0.88136393;
    };​

Just replace the "Face81_camo6"-value to any of the names here:
    http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Faces/#document

You can see all types of faces here:
    http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgIdentities#Faces

You can also change the face so that it wears a balaclava. Just change the face-property it into one of these:

GRU_Balaclava_FLORA
    GRU_Balaclava_Black
    FSB_Balaclava_Green
    FSB_Balaclava_Black​

vlcsnap-2013-08-12-04h24m29s36.png vlcsnap-2013-08-12-06h19m16s139.png vlcsnap-2013-08-12-06h25m27s216.png

An example using the black balaclava:

class Identity
    {
    face="GRU_Balaclava_Black";
    glasses="Delta_glasses";
    speaker="Male04";
    squad="";
    pitch=0.88136393;
    };​

Do the same thing with the glasses here:
    http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgIdentities#Glasses

Only the Arma II and Arma II OA glasses work in DayZero
    Do not use glasses that are not in those games. Ever had some random annoying error popping up when you play? Yeah, that's why. In case you edit your face-profile in the game you will have to redo it.

Lastly, keep in mind that the balaclava doesnt look good with all clothing you find in game. Especially the ones with hats since the balaclava will noclip thru some of them. See what clothing is available in DayZero here.

Anyway, enjoy!

Last edited: 2014-07-09
    Zyntecs, Weston, Gilatar and 12 others like this.
  2. Dallebull

Dallebull Survivor

Thanks! I know you can change your face in the profile settings but not that you can add Camo :)

3. Diddi

Diddi Survivor

This works. It would be fun and interesting to see more players use this ingame! Especially with the new skins coming.

Rogorugu likes this.
  4. Dallebull

Dallebull Survivor

I just wish you could D/L the Brithish Armed Forces and Private Military Company skins... For high res Camo And Civilian Clothing, i allmost bought em but the standalone is comming! ;P

5. Bradley Manning

Bradley Manning Scavenger

This is very nice. I discovered this some time back and have been using it every since. It is also very good for squads to be able to recognize one another quickly when seconds count.

6. Shack

Shack Da Shackster Leaderboard

That face list page doesn't work anymore :-( is there anywhere else same list?

Sexylady, Vex, Fille and 1 other person like this.
  7. Shack

Shack Da Shackster Leaderboard

Well okay, I figured this out myself (like almost month ago) :-D
    but it goes from _camo1 to _camo6, just edit files as Rogorugu wrote there
    So just change that camo6 beetween camo1-6

Rogorugu likes this.
  8. Alpha155

Alpha155 Master at Arms

Just to let you know, the image links are broken in the first post.
    /Edit See you fixed it, glad to help.

Rogorugu likes this.
  9. Diddi

Diddi Survivor

These also work on all arma servers, yet to be kicked from it.

10. Pillottio

Pillottio Hero

Can you change skins 2 (for example Always camo?)
    Or are you stuck with boring civilian clothes until you find some in game?

11. You must find the clothing in-game.

12. Pillottio

Pillottio Hero

Ok thx man:)

13. Samson186

Samson186 Hero

Got a problem with this one. Cant find a path posted. In my documents theres only Arma 2 forlder and it has arma2oaprofile in it but in this file there is no such thing and class identity or even face option. Any help? im using Steam wersion for both Arma 2 and OA. Olsu i use DayZ commander if that have any thing to do with it

14. My Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/YourPlayerName/PlayerName.ArmA2OAProfile

Not the Arma 2 folder. The Arma Other Profiles folder.

15. cEvin_Key

cEvin_Key Scavenger

Yep, same problem here. And yes, I am looking in the folder "Arma other Profile". None of the ARMA2OAPROFILE-files has "identity" or face options,

16. Did you guys make a profile in-game yet? I think you have to edit an existing profile and if there arent any then you cant do it until you've made one.

17. cEvin_Key

cEvin_Key Scavenger

Well, I do have a file located where it´s supposed to be; My Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/MyNick/MyNickArmA2OAProfile. I'm not sure if your're supposed to add a profile in another way?

18. Samson186

Samson186 Hero

Ok. After creating a profile face in Game profile, In Arma 2 folder under my nich. bla bla cfg filr ne lines was putted which match the ones :
    class Identity
    {
    face="Face81_camo6";
    glasses="Delta_glasses";
    speaker="Male04";
    squad="";
    pitch=0.88136393;
    };

And yes its workig, still im courius whats about "other profile" folder. Still dont have one :p
    But aparently even if u dont have that folder, after makig face in game u can change it cia CFG in Arma 2 in library.

Thx for tips.

19. Wait, so if I have a balaclava on, can only I see it, or can other players see it aswell?
    I mean, is this just a cosmetic thing for yourself, or does this serve a (cool) purpose?

20. Other players see it as well. Looks really nice imo.