Would I be able to play DayZ?

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Nico-dk, 2012-12-05.

1. Hi
    Any computer experts out there? :)
    Can I run Dayz with this?(Sorry if some of it, isnt english)

HARDWARE

MSI GeForce GTX 660 2 GB, TWINFROZR III EDITION!

CPU: Intel i5-3570"K" OVERCLOCKED to 4 x 4.0 Ghz! + Antec H20 Water cooling system!

RAM: 8 GB DDR3, 1600 Mhz, TRAUMATIZR Series

PSU: CoolerMaster GX Series, 550W!

Bundkort: MSI Z77A-G43 MILITARY CLASS III

Harddisk:
    WD/Seagate 500GB Harddisk 7200 rpm.

CD-Medie:
    Samsung/LG DVD-Brænder DVD-RW 22x.

2. Dasparx

Dasparx This man be the Lord of the red haired.

Should be absolutely fine mate! Thats a pretty neat system you have there. should be more than enough to fluently play DayZ on!

3. ImoK

ImoK Murderer

is this some sort of joke to show off your computer hardware?

e:eek:r are you actually clueless

grinke likes this.
  4. Yeah you can stream 720p 60fps and play at the same time with that setup....

5. Dasparx

ImoK, why would it be a joke, that isnt THAT fast of a rig..

/me running a 2500k @ 5.2 + 2* 7970 + 16Gb RAM, all for under 800 euro. (see, this is showing off :p )

6. Echomastermind

Echomastermind Survivor

I got a four year old computer that runs ARMA 2 fine on 720p and low-medium graphics. It's a little sad since it actually can run Crysis and some older good looking games on very high. It can manage Battlefield 3 on medium graphics with acceptable fps.

7. ImoK

ImoK Murderer

because arma 2 is a game that released 2009 and hes sitting with an overclocked i5 and gtx 660 asking if he can run a game from that age and time.

do you understand now?

grinke likes this.
  8. iNko

iNko Hero

I gotta agree with imok here.

Unless the guy is looking to buy the components listed it does strike me as post to gloat about specs that can easily run a mod based on a game engine over 2.5 years old.

If you are buying components I would add an SSD. Arma 2 loads much faster and you will get a small amount of FPS increase.

Rogorugu and Echomastermind like this.
  9. You are assuming that the guy is experienced with computer hardware. It could just be somebody who's clueless about how good the parts are his/her computer is.

10. Megahit

Megahit Scavenger

He can overclock but hes unsure whether he can play arma 2? Seems legit.

Casper likes this.
  11. You're right. He's just trying to brag.

12. Dasparx

i dont get why someone would brag about such a system..

But dayz/arma ii ís taxing though, especially when fully maxxed...

13. Thx for the answers, guess its pretty good then, but im not trying to show off my system, I havent even bought it yet, only looked. I never owned a computer before, and I want to get into PC gaming.. I play DayZ on my laptop but the fps is dropping all the time.. I dont have a clue, how to fix that..

Can someone tell me if there is any BIG difference(Will it have any effects? And what is overclocking?) between the one on top and this :

MSI GeForce GTX 660 2 GB, TWINFROZR III EDITION!

CPU: Intel i5-3570"K" + CoolerMaster TX3!

RAM: 8 GB DDR3, 1600 Mhz, TRAUMATIZR Series

Kabinet: ZALMANN Z11

PSU: CoolerMaster GX Series, 550W!
    "

Bundkort: MSI B75A-G41 MILITARY CLASS III

Harddisk:
    WD/Seagate 500GB Harddisk 7200 rpm.

CD-Medie:
    Samsung/LG DVD-Brænder DVD-RW 22x.

14. iNko

iNko Hero

Overclocking is increasing the speed of your processor through your motherboard BIOS by adjusting the voltage going to your CPU (I'm over simplifying).

Most modern motherboards have built in Overclocking software to allow users to overclock at the click of the button. Overclocking is great if your CPU is bottlenecking your gaming performance. With your listed processor I don't believe there would be any requirement to Overclocking straight away as it would not greatly increase FPS etc.

I am no Overclocking expert by any means so anybody please feel free to correct my above statement.

Nico, one thing to bare in mind is that you have selected a NVIDIA card and should you wish to run two cards in SLI mode later down the line, I believe that MSI motherboard you have selected only supports ATI crossfire. Double check it.

15. ImoK

ImoK Murderer

i wasnt trying to make anyone mad was just asking if he was showing off

but now that he know he is clueless, yes your rig is good enough to play arma 2.
    some rigs with good hardware sometimes have trouble with fps in dayz anyway though, you just have to make some adjustments