A vehicle I would welcome to DayZero

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lemonsqueezy, 2012-11-04.

1. lemonsqueezy

lemonsqueezy Survivor

Ural (ZU-23) - The Ural 375 is a Russian-made military 6x6 cargo truck capable of carrying 11+1 soldiers, or variety of cargo weighing up to 5 tons. This one is equipped with ZU-23, anti air defense cannon

[​IMG]

I would of course limit this to only 1 per server. I would make it spawn at a high risk location like the NWAF or Stary Sobor. I think this would make a fantastic addition to DayZero because currently there is no hard counter to Air Vehicles. People in helicopters / planes have a feeling of invulnerability when flying and I think this would bring an element of danger to those birdies. The gun is of course mostly useless on ground and I think having the ZU-23 in the back means that you cant carry passengers in the back (not confirmed).

PanzerWulf likes this.
  2. soju

soju Hero

Nope. To op, it can destroy every vehicle in seconds.

3. If the gun was mounted so it could only shoot in the air it would not hurt land vehicles. ;-)

4. soju

soju Hero

It can shot on both air and ground units. It obliterates everything.

Killswitch likes this.
  5. lemonsqueezy

lemonsqueezy Survivor

is there no way of modifying it?

6. FearMe

FearMe Hero

Still, this would take down choppers very very quickly.

Killswitch likes this.
  7. soju

soju Hero

I dont think so, since we cant edit the skins I doubt this vehicle can be modiyfied.

8. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

Holy jeez, lets keep this at the guerilla level! That cannon would mess shit up for sure, it's capable of blowing buildings away!

9. Tjockejocke

Tjockejocke Survivor

As said, this cannon is VERY dangerous.
    If we want to make aerial units facing more danger I suggest we add a Anti Air rocket launcher like the Igla 9K38 or Strela-2 9K32. The missiles needs 6 slots and are guided but works very bad against cars since the misslies moves too fast. The explosion isn't very big and will probably not destroy a bigger vehicle, like the URAL or a bigger helicopter like mi24, but only parts of the vehicle.

I wonder why there aren't more rocket launchers in dayz. A RPG would be awesome.

Here is all the weapons in arma 2 listed:
    http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-weaponry/index_en.html

Tiera, lemonsqueezy and Ascorius like this.
  10. Ascorius

Ascorius Scavenger

Would it not be better to implement an AA launcher like an igla? Very low droprate ofcourse. Because I agree that there should be some kind of counter to a well piloted aircraft.

The artillery mounted ural is indeed too powerful for DayZ. It can destroy most buildings quite fast.

Edit: Opps, tjockejocke already mentioned an Igla

Tiera likes this.
  11. lemonsqueezy

lemonsqueezy Survivor

LOL thats pretty devastating...

Nice idea, I would love to see something that can pose a considerable threat to aircrafts. The new technical vehicle with the DSHKM mounted is a great gun for doing this but pretty hard to be quite accurate seeing as you cant use the iron sights on it, only hip fire.

12. Cubie

Cubie Professional Hoarder Leaderboard

^ I can use the ironsight when i'm on my first belt, after that it's disabled, but the DSHKM does 42k damage and can pretty much oblitirate a helicopter or a biplane.

13. Tjockejocke

Tjockejocke Survivor

Ye weird bug... It's the same in arma 2 but it hasn't always been that way.

14. PanzerWulf

PanzerWulf Hero

I like this idea, just fix it to where it cannot bring the gun to bear on a ground based target. Or maybe just put a few fixed AA guns on the map at high industrial spawns like Polana factory, etc.

15. You can use ironsights on it no problem ;-)

16. lemonsqueezy

lemonsqueezy Survivor

yeah, know this now after much trial and error :p

17. Samich

Samich Scavenger

I can't use them, how do you do it lemon?