Best recording program.

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by KrigsgudeN, 2012-11-03.

1. As the topic reads. I'm looking for different recording. I wanna start record my view of DayZ with a lot of PVP action with good players and squads. But I'm really low-tech on things like this. I know Fraps work good, but the files become insanly big ; I know I can render them in Vegas and so on, but I can't get my Fraps to record more than 30 seconds. It's probably a noob thing that someone of you know. So if you know please tell me.

Now ; What recording programs do you use? Wich one is the best?
    How to unlock the fraps timer?

Thanks, have a nice day.

2. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Hero

I haven't used fraps for a long time but I use DXtory (with Lagarith Lossless Codex, YUY2 mode) which I find doesn't have as much as an impact on my FPS as Fraps does.

Also I just like the way you have more customization, you can check out some of my videos on my youtube to see what you think to the quality ------> http://www.youtube.com/user/GibsAndPieces

As for file size your looking at roughly a 1 Gig a minute sometimes more and sometimes less just depending on what your doing I guess, that's at 720p.

Hope that helps a little.

3. Thanks a lot for the answer. Do you have a good link or so? I am deffenitely interested in this program!

4. Fake

Fake #blametansien Leaderboard

5. Afterburner was a pretty hard program to understand. I'll check some guides and come back with an edit :)

6. It was a great program, too bad it can't capture my mic sounds and my game sound at the same time :/

7. ImoK

ImoK Murderer

try bandicam and record with x264 codec
    its 720p and like 2gb/10 minutes

8. BrutalDeluxe

BrutalDeluxe It's not me, it's you. Leaderboard Administrator

You "unlock" it by actually buying the software :)

The demo version can only record 30 seconds at a time.

[G-Unit] Garre likes this.
  9. lemonsqueezy

lemonsqueezy Survivor

Dxtory

10. Dxtory the best imo, if you have the space to handle the files.

Giela and [G-Unit] Garre like this.
  11. I recommend fraps. It may not be the best and may make huge files, but it is simple to use.

For a full version that records longer than 30 seconds go here. Virus free according to kaspersky, avg, and avast :-D

[ Link removed. Please don't post warez links on these forums, ffs ]

I would just recommend the 3.5.7 version as I have heard some issues with 3.5.9.

12. Melkor

Melkor Lille

Dxtory, save to SSD, move the files to HDD.

13. Corvax is the driver, right? x)

14. BrutalDeluxe

BrutalDeluxe It's not me, it's you. Leaderboard Administrator

WTF.. You're sharing warez links here?

Real smart, dude.

Please don't do that.

15. Nahkiss

Nahkiss Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

There's a workaround for that. If you have realtek -chipset soundcard you can enable studio mix and record that, which is mic + windows sounds.

16. jinky22

jinky22 I know kung fu Leaderboard

I would recommend dxtory. It has less impact on fps than fraps (for me anyway) and if file size is an issue you can change the codec used to record.

edit: It can also record multiple audio channels so you can record game sounds + your mic

17. Paj

Paj Survivor

I would recommend using PlayClaw. It uses less ressources then fraps and dxtory. Dxtory is fine and all but PlayClaw is just a lil bit better. Playclaw also records multiple audio channels. Only 2 though but thats alright because how often do you need to record 8 mics on 1 pc. ( which dxtory uses as a sales pitch ).
    PlayClaw even has settings as to how many cores on your cpu you want the program to use while recording. Seriously the best recording software i've tried and i've tried them all.
    PlayClaw provides you with ingame overlay , so you can adjust settings while in the game. No more ALT-TAB.
    My last experience with fraps was that it only allows 3-4gb files and will split your recordings up in multiple files. PlayClaw lets you record into 1 big file, i personaly like that. Latest recording with PlayClaw ended up at 53gb , ready to be worked on in Sony Vegas. :-D

Although next step will definately be to buy this - Avermedia Live Gamer HD Capture Card , so the card handles the recording and you don't ever ever notice any fps lag because the graphics card and cpu can focus on the game 100%.

//Poinen, waiting outthere in the wilderness.

18. Virus

Virus Adapt or GTFO Leaderboard

You have to move the files manually, right? Or is there some way to automatically move files while recording?

19. Melkor

Melkor Lille

Manually, yes.

20. Fake

Fake #blametansien Leaderboard

Thought I'd add the new version of Afterburner allows you to record both game sound and mic input. You can also make it split the audio channels so you can mess with the audio levels :)