We need JSRS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PAR4NO1D, 2012-10-30.

1. PAR4NO1D

PAR4NO1D Scavenger Leaderboard

OMG you seem to be retarded. I said again YOU DON'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT.

2. Melkor

Melkor Lille

Then if you don't have to download it, why even suggest it in the first place?

3. Corvax

Corvax Ace Pilot Leaderboard

Maybe you should get your head around the fact that having people alter their sounds/appearences/video settings/brightness+gamma, all makes it a very different game the more of those that are piled on.

This game is at its best when everything is more even and it comes down to skill, wether it be aiming, tactics or knowing your limits.

Sound mod for everyone or no one i'd say.

Tiera likes this.
  4. Fake

Fake #blametansien Leaderboard

I like the HARCP sound mod and it's size is really nice. Only problem I see is there being more of an advantage to one or the other depending on whether you are using vanilla sounds or a sound mod. Am I cray or wouldn't this be an issue?

Taltsi, Tjockejocke and Corvax like this.
  5. Corvax

what I just said in the post above ya xD

6. If this is possible to apply without affecting the prestanda on the servers, i think it should be done! The sounds atm is embarrassing rly. The thing that i rly liked with HARCP is that the guns sounds different in the woods, city, in buildings. Really cool, will probably make it a bit easier to locate the shooter as well.

7. Corvax

I'd consider the possibility that he meant "I dont like the size of it because if this is implemented I will feel obligated to download it to not put myself at a disadvantage" at least thats what I heard him saying.

If anything is added to the server that makes the game better/easier/"more skill based" for players, then it would be very unbalanced if it wasent mandatory for every player to download/install.

8. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

Well, the sound mod makes so the sounds sound more authentic.

If you don't like that it CAN be optional.

I just don't understand why NOT you would like that.

9. Ascorius

Ascorius Scavenger

J.S.R.S is the best option by far, but that is my opinion. I cant understand that some people are okay with the vanilla sounds, they are the worst part of vanilla arma 2. Bohemia interactive have even admitted it is one of the things they could have done alot better, and they do admit that mods done by the modding community are better. I can understand that some people dislike the size of the mod, but is 1gig really that large in this day and age? I bet a lot of people here download a lot more than that a day. And does the mod give an advantage/disadvantage ... I wouldnt really say it does either, it just adds immensely to the atmosphere.

To those who want to keep the vanilla sounds: Do you actually like that bullet cracks sound like flicking a plastic surface? Do you like that there is absolutely no reverb at all ... just completely flat sounds?

But if its a hassle for Tansien to implement, I totally understand why we will not get a soundmod implementation.

10. Tobias Solem

Actually the best option is to use both sound mods, because HARCP adds no sounds (as far as I am aware) but adds more real acoustics to the game.

11. James Kingsley

James Kingsley Shipwrecked

12. Tjockejocke

Tjockejocke Survivor

Yes that would be a problem. Wouldn't it be possible to integrate a sound mod with DayZero?

13. Tobias Solem

Yes it would be. The question is IF Tansien is willing to. He makes the call if or if not it will happen.

14. The HARCP wasnt that good tbh, i like the vanilla ones better.

But how does a new soundpack affect the sound in distance and in rain and so on do they comply to those conditions?

15. Tjockejocke

Tjockejocke Survivor

I don't understand why JSRS mod would be that hard to implement in DayZero. You need CBA aswell but why's that a problem? The CBA is like a 1 mb mod.

16. firebat

firebat Friendly! Don't shoot!

I think running CBA will flood the server message corner. :-D

17. Tjockejocke

Tjockejocke Survivor

Why? giant mods like ACE use CBA.

18. firebat

firebat Friendly! Don't shoot!

I'm just recalling my days with ACE2 and CBA. People who have different versions etc > lots and lots of server messages.

19. Tjockejocke

Tjockejocke Survivor

Ye ok might be true.

20. Toffe

Toffe Stoner

I would just want the sounds from ACE2 (acex_sm). I like the sounds more sharp and intimidating, not more "Hollywood".