We need JSRS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PAR4NO1D, 2012-10-30.

1. PAR4NO1D

PAR4NO1D Scavenger Leaderboard

Hello everyone, I just started playing here yesterday and for now I have to admit that server is really nice. Really nice.
    But we need one thing which I can't play without now - JSRS soundmod.
    This SoundMod is COMPLETLY awesome, it replaces pathethic Arma 2 sounds with realistic ones. Gunshots sound like gushots not farts. Also it adds so much of atmosphere during night that you want only to stay in game :)
    It's really needed - it's not giving power of hearing sounds from 3 kilometers, no. It adds only beautiful sound.
    So, again - we need JSRS!:p

ska, Elwood, Salan and 6 others like this.
  2. Esoterick

Esoterick Hero

I would like this added as I have seen it mentioned on a couple of forums and everyone seems to be in agreement that it is a worthy addition to the game.

I'm not sure how it would be implemented though as it seems to be a 1GB download.

3. Teskuz

Teskuz The Mascot Leaderboard

For those who want to know what it's like ;p

4. PAR4NO1D

It's client side mod. You just can play with it or not

5. Corvax

Corvax Ace Pilot Leaderboard

If its client side why do we need it implemented on the server ? just to be clear.

6. PAR4NO1D

We need a little of code on the server. Server just has to allow us to play with it.

7. Corvax

Corvax Ace Pilot Leaderboard

I would hate to have this as a "optional" client side addon, the more even a playing field the better a game it becomes IMO.
    Also mainly why I'm only gonna be seen on SE2 when it comes up, but I wouldnt mind downloading 1gb to play on the server, as long as it was not something that I had to constantly update seperately.

8. Tjockejocke

Tjockejocke Survivor

It shouldn't be optional. Even if it's better sounds it is also different sounds. Some of them makes the game harder, therefore it shouldn't be optional.

9. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

It relies on CBA, which i do not like... And as mentioned, it's a 1GB extra download... Quite heavy :/

10. PAR4NO1D

It doesn't lets you hear from other part of map. It just changes the sound of guns/sound of rain, night etc. It makes them alot more realistic.

Tansien you don't have to download it.
    One person can play with it, and second can play without. So you don't have to download 1gb.
    It's really simple and makes the game not sound so vanilla pathethic :)
    Once you try JSRS, you don't want to play without it.

Cubie and modemowiec like this.
  11. Melkor

Melkor Lille

We don't need it, it isn't really necessary either. The sounds from JSRS sound too out of place to me, too "artifical", na'mean? The Arma 2 sounds sound more fitting than JSRS'.

12. PAR4NO1D

Wat? If you think that JSRS sounds sound too "artifical" maybe it's time to buy good sound card and not still use integrated?

"We don't need it, it isn't really necessary either."
    For people who play arma for little longer, who play ACE, and like realism - yes, it's very necessary.

13. Melkor

Melkor Lille

What difference does it honestly make? The vanilla guns sound realistic enough.

14. PAR4NO1D

If vanilla has realistic gun sounds for you... then we don't have what to talk about!
    For me vanilla sounds are total CRAP, and they were done by elementary school student.

"What difference does it honestly make?"
    Have you AT LEAST seen the video which Teskuz sent at third post?

15. The vanilla sound really are all that realistic. The m24, CZ, m40, m14, and DMR all using the same sound file is enough for to say yes.

16. Melkor

Melkor Lille

Yes, that was what I replied to @#11. The JSRS sounds are less authentic when it comes to just having it fit into place than the vanilla sounds. It's all fine if this could be an optional download, but I don't want to download 1 gig of new sounds which (in my opinion) sound worse than what I already have.

17. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

18. Jakeke

Jakeke Scavenger

HARCP size is only 32 Mb, so that wouldn't be too large download, but the sounds are much more realistic. HARCP echoes would pinpoint the shooting location more clearly.

ATM the biggest flaw is the usage of same sound file with different guns.

Taltsi and Salan like this.
  19. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

Fixing some sounds can be arranged pretty easily, but what would be the issue of having HARCP?

20. Melkor

Melkor Lille

I'd rather go with HARCP than JSRS (mainly 'cause of the immense difference in size) if this becomes something that's needed to play on the server.

Salan likes this.