What are the main factors preventing a DayZero revival?

Discussion in 'General' started by Linus Leonard, 2019-10-10.

1. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

It should be possible to use https://dayzlauncher.com, but one would have to register the new mod with the guys that run that launcher first, and I'm not sure what is required in terms of actually distributing the files. The launcher is torrent-based, but the initial seed/upload needs to come from... well... someone. Not sure how it works, but I know it's possible.

Wasn't the reason DayZero had its own launcher because all the other launchers at the time were pretty sub-par?

2. could be, but have sneaking supsicion might have something to do with whitelist and full control of players who use the game. Not sure tho, im no game host

3. If you used my files above that I sent you dayz_classicBloodBagSystem is void just don't even set it but I am not exactly sure if you are but I would enable it if you are not using them.

In regards to the torrent loader you will need to purchase seed boxes to have around the world for faster speed. Upload your torrent > you get your machines and download the torrents then seed so it is faster for others to get.

Whitelisting can be done via BEC (Battleye Extended Controls) they did have custom .dll extensions not sure if the loader ran this or it was the client (DayZero.dll).

Getting onto DayZLauncher is easy you need to message (Maca) but he will charge you for his so called "costs".

Last edited: 2020-02-29
  4. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

Well, got script restriction #2 with the changes, so I reverted back to my original config that used to work, but something is fishy with that config too because now the second player to join the server consistently gets SetVariable Value Restriction #1 after like a minute in game. No idea what that is all about. :p

5. You need to modify your BE filters for extra variables otherwise if you just add scripts like that off the bat that will happen I did link it above you will need to modify those to allow other scripts/variables that would happen up to if you want to use it but if you want to run the default dayz with infections and the standard medical system and not dayzero gui it won't really be worth lol.

Last edited: 2020-02-29
  6. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

Lol I meant that _my_ configs were fishy, not yours, since I got restrictions even when I reverted back to my own stuff.

Yeah, figured that I need to modify the BE filters, but as far as I can tell the filters already has exceptions for the stuff I'm being kicked for. :)

The SetVariable.log says I'm currently getting kicked for this:

Value Restriction #1 "remotetargets" = [B 1-1-B:1 (Mr. Leonard) REMOTE] 4:186 z_teacher
    Value Restriction #1 "remotetargets" = [B 1-1-B:1 (Mr. Leonard) REMOTE] 4:178 z_worker3
    Value Restriction #1 "remotetargets" = [B 1-1-C:1 (Linus) REMOTE] 3:186 z_worker1

But the setvariable filter already excludes remotetargets, unless I'm completely misunderstanding:

5 '..*' !^(USEC_|NORRN_|BIS_|hit_) !=(totaldmg|actionSet|agentObjectCamps|armed|banditKills|characterID|claimed|combattimeout|deathType|doLoiter|firedDamage) !=(firedHit|freeTarget|headShots|hitRegistered|humanity|humanKills|lastPos|looted|meatHarvested|medForceUpdate|messing|myDest) !=(owner|posForceUpdate|remotetargets|temperature|unconsciousTime|updatePlayer|zombieKills|zombieSpawn) !=(blood(taken|_type)|rh_factor) !^$

7. Was this after the code I sent above? or was this happening before no code Inside of that mission includes this hm...

Do you have a Discord server online? maybe easier to communicate.

Also make sure you are using https://github.com/DayZMod/Battleye-Filters 1.9.0 filters :)

8. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

Nah this was my stuff, i.e. before I made the changes that you sent.
    The thing is, my changes to the mission files doesn't include remotetargets either.

9. The only thing I think it could be is outdated filters you could remove this do you have maybe Infistar in game? this can also cause issues.

10. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

Yeah I've got a discord up and running for this project, you can join here. Gonna have to make dinner now though so i'll be back in a bit. https://discord.gg/hdfV3PK

Yeah, I just checked, I'm using the latest BE filters that you linked. Not using Infistar.

11. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

keep up the good work, hope to see ya on chernarus :)

12. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

We'll get there eventually. Finally figured out the BattlEye filter issue, now testing blood bags again :)

13. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

Got a server up and running now, search for DayZ Legacy EU1 and you'll find it. Loot tables needs a bit of tweaking as there is stuff spawning where it doesn't belong, and zombie damage is 5x which means that these fuckers are deadly. My survival rate right now is on par with DayZ mod 2012. Will lower zombie damage tomorrow though, don't worry. :) All subsequent information (and the optional cut-grass files) can be found in the Discord: https://discord.gg/hdfV3PK
    Over and out!

14. rscl

gona test it on weekend
    :)

Linus Leonard likes this.
  15. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I refunded everything. It would just eat too much of my time to be worth the hassle. :-(

16. rscl

Tansien release the kraken! :F

17. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

Many Script Restrictions died to bring us this information

• DayZ Legacy now has ~5 fully animated heli crash sites per restart (three heli models) with custom high end loot tables.
    • Loot tables have been reworked to be more similar to those of DayZero, i.e. high end gear only at crash sites, US midrange gear in barracks, RU midrange gear in other military locations, and civilian gear in farms and residentials.
    • Support added for not only short/cut grass but also LandTex which looks sooo much better than the original textures. Both these mods are optional, i.e. you can join without them or with them. I had to repackage them to use them with the v2 server signatures, so you need to download them from the Discord server discord.io/dayzlegacy.
    Still working on the sound modifications. Hoping to add preferably VopSound (which is what DayZero used) or worst case JSRS as optional client mods. That way, sound travel distance will be increased, and sound will be overall more immersive.

rscl likes this.
  18. rscl

keep up the good work :) Cheers and thank you :)

19. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

Tarkov is the way

20. Linus Leonard

Linus Leonard Scavenger

No it isn't. If you're looking for filet mignon, you can hardly swallow ground chuck.

VeteranGamer likes this.