Summer Dayzero & Dayz SA

Discussion in 'General' started by Miles, 2018-05-24.

1. As title implies...

Any chance of Dayzero summer time playing period?

Are there any plans for modding of Dayz SA seeing as its starting to come together (after 4 years...)

@Tansien

Barney likes this.
  2. LSB_

LSB_ Survivor Leaderboard

DAYZERO SA PLSS HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE!

3. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

+1

4. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Probably not, maybe again for Christmas. Unless the final ArmA2OA patch broke everything so I'll have to fix it.

Maybe, I know they've replaced the scripting language so we'll see if I've got time to learn it.

5. Enscript is very similar to a C/C++ style language so if you have any experience in C/C++/C#/Java and whatnot it should not be an issue learning Enscript, it shouldn't be any more work than seeing a new API for the first time. Of course, doing a full rework will take some time and there's bound to be stuff that they have forgotten to expose to the scripting language for whatever reason. For example I could not find a way of altering the movement speed of the player character but there's currently no documentation to work with so I might've missed it.

I guess we have to wait until they release modding tools until we start seeing what they are able to do but scripting wise it seems rather solid.

Miles likes this.
  6. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Miles likes this.
  7. rscl

will see :F to less proper gameplay videos on youtube atm to make any judgment tbh

8. Fair enough. What can we do to encourage some server time this summer? I remember last summer it was well populated for maybe 2 or 3 weeks when you brought it up. An SE1 pop of > 20 is fun enough for me anyways. Is it a lack of staff or funds issue? Or do you feel like the game game has finally died?

Either way, cheers for such a great mod @Tansien & other admins . Top work :')

9. You sound like you have a pretty good understanding of enscript. Would you be interested in modding the game some time in future?

10. I don't have a good understanding of it at all, I just spent a few hours in it when they first released the Single Player for DayZ:confused:A. Never really modded anything for Arma before but we'll see when the official documentation is out and all that.

11. Tansien

DayZ has singleplayer now?

12. Single Player as in your can run the server locally and play on it. Works pretty well.

13. yourik

yourik Scavenger Leaderboard

Small info who wants to fight like before...
    Arma3 - BreakingPoint - Chernorus - Server RV666 - PSW: 2010
    Usually 60/60. Ping a bit to high for UK ~100 but... gameplay like before... squads PVP at NW airfild - Stariy - Gorka
    Yesterday for example we did -12 :) wipe few squads

Metzger likes this.
  14. yourik

yourik Scavenger Leaderboard

Yugomen likes this.
  15. Does anyone have any news about DayZero?
    Other than this ofc.
    Kinda missed it ffs....

16. Seba

Seba Shipwrecked Leaderboard

DayZero back plsss

VeteranGamer and Barney like this.
  17. rscl

18. Seba

Seba Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Tansien turn on the servers for a one week plsss.

VeteranGamer likes this.
  19. Tansien

Maybe at Christmas, if I remember how to do it :p

Barney, Metzger, miska and 2 others like this.
  20. rscl

we all hope so ! :) Be a good Santa! ::-D:-DD:

VeteranGamer likes this.