Petition to make combat logging punishable by a 7 day ban.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by spyker50, 2012-10-21.

?

Should combat loggers get banned as part of the server rules/policies?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Corvax

Corvax Ace Pilot Leaderboard

Is this even needed with v.1.7.3 out ?..

wont it just give people whit shitty connections 7 day bans ?

2. Surrender stance + 1.7.3 combined should be enough to stop most of the log outs. Banning isn't a good idea considering how many bugs/kicks/timeouts/crashes etc this game still has. Even BattlEye kicks people for no good reason at times (probably leaving the surrender stance behind, not sure on that!).

3. Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson Give me all the bacon you have. Leaderboard Administrator

ALT+F4 is just a way of crashing the game. You might as well go to task manager and close it there - it has the same effect. There is literally no way to tell the difference between an ALT+F4 and a regular crash. ALT+F4 is just an easy way to refer to "Crashing the game on purpose to log out."

4. Corvax

Since I never ALT+F4, is it just me or havent it been disabled ? or is it still working ?.

Dayzmod.com Forum: * [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.

5. Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson Give me all the bacon you have. Leaderboard Administrator

They've just locked the ALT+F4 combination.. You can still go out to your desktop and crash it.

6. Corvax

That I did know :), just hadnt tried the alt+f4 combo that might have been slightly faster.