Lapua mags and CZ's - oh yeah and crosshair.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by M|J, 2017-01-12.

1. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

Well just wanna start by saying no i didnt mean put lapua mags into the cz.

1st Suggestion - Make lapua mags more of a common drop in military loot and on military zombies. The gun itself is already hard enough to find so once you have it you might aswell use the one mag you found it with and then hide it. And before you say oilrigs, well you have more chance of finding VSS Vintores mags there than any lapua mags(actually have yet to see the Vintores so dno if that is in the game or just the mags lul).

2nd Suggestion - Lower/Remove CZ550 from Barn loot, its getting beyond the joke atm, i find it practially everytime i run up and everyone else aswell it seems like. Since getting mags for it is so easy it gets abit overpowered, compared to the other snipers, when the CZ is just as good or even better, dno that knockout must be bugged.

oh yeah and one last thing, crosshair is fine and all as long as you remove that thing in the middle of it that shows exactly how stable your breath is.

2. I agree with the crosshair part ( alltho I think its ugly as hell) but it can stay as long as it doesnt show the breath like MJ stated.

The CZ is a bit too common but maybe lowering the spawn rate of the mags is enough? A CZ with one or two mags is still a powerfull tool but wont be as game breaking. Because dont forget some of us do not play in big groups with people waiting for us with guns ... . If I have to run into a fight with a lee - winnie or shotgun every damn time its gonna get dull real quick. ( even tho the russian weapons spawning with a scope sometimes is very enjoyable :) and helps to counter this possible frustration)

Lapua mags definitely need a higher spawn rate on zombies and/or military buildings ( the gun itself like MJ said is Super rare to start with).

3. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

remove everything to do with crosshair, leave nothing behind pls

4. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

For you guys, who are using dot program, remove crosshair is better because you have 2 crosshairs right now, But for players who are not using dont program crosshair is ok and giving good balance.

5. M|J

not used the mumble dot in forever and no its nowhere near the same, since you can see your breath with crosshair.

6. Rawryy

NO - dot programs or dots are not needed, it looks SHIT, dayzero looks unpolished with that green thing everywhere, should be kept clean and minimal.

7. Croc

I don't need crosshair to see my breath, lol. I'm not even using crosshair to see breath.

8. basically what we could do is remove the crosshair completely and make a tutorial for all new players to see how they can have a dot if they want too.

makes it completely the player's choice for having one or not.

9. Rawryy

Tutorial:

If within 1-30m (depending on situation) learn not to right click and spray and pray just like CoD and some of your bullets should hopefully help kill person infront of you.

10. M|J

didnt say you do, i said you can with the crosshair in arma 2, its quite broken.

But I'd rather see something done about cz spawn and lapua ammo

11. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Lapua should spawn automaticly with 2-3 mags at least, this should help.

CZ - fuck no man, wanna make the gap between freshspawn and highly geared north players even bigger so they need to breach to high loot area only with shitty gear ? CZ spawn already was nerfed and it spawn is higher only thanks to full server, its a matter of luck one day I find it 1-3 times and the other 2-3 days I find none.

Crosshair disabled plox.

Miles likes this.
  12. got ridiculous kills with the breath indicator of the cross-hair recently which you CAN NOT do with the dot/overlay.

You can legit side walk full auto spray people with 100% accuracy its fucking bs. (I'm the one who does it, and it is broken).

I like the idea of everyone being on a level playing field and having access to it, but if your so bothered about people using dots it takes 1 minute to get an overlay or to make a dot yourself.

rscl likes this.
  13. rscl

True breath indicators spoiling all.

Kennyy likes this.
  14. Dont touch cz spawn rate again pls. As synlias said, without a cz you do nearly nothing against high geared squads, especially when you are alone.
    And i dont know where you find all the mags tho, i never find some. :confused:
    But if they are so common, lower their rate if you mean, but not weapon spawn itself.

And if i had to vote, i´d say keep the crosshair.
    Some guys might say its ugly or be disappointed cause newbies have the same advantage as themselves already had.
    But lets be honest, without the new players, server would be dead again i guess, and there is hardly anyone joining cause we have the "no crosshair" experience. Mod is hardcore enough already.
    Remove breath indicator if you want, althought im not sure if anyone uses this? :-D

15. Croc

Looks like few guys from this thread using it... ;-)

16. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

Remove the crosshair, dayzero can almost be played like H1Z1 atm, the recoil when you don't even scope in is insanely low, you can run 5km, stop, and spray an M249 standing upright NP.

As for CZ, every motherfucker and their nan has a CZ right now. I understand life is hard for lonewolves and smaller groups, but shit right now everyone is running around with a gun that's arguably better than the M24. And they've got it from the south... in a fucking barn.

17. ye I do agree with this, we should try it ( lower cz rate that is)

edit= the crosshair needs to go, make a tutorial and sticky post it on the forums how to get an overlay with a dot and be done with it if u care about level playing field.

CZ spawn has been suggested to be broken which could be maybe remove it from barns and only let it spawn in deer stands and castles as suggested in Rawrry's chat.

Last edited: 2017-01-14
  18. Svendsen

Svendsen King in the North Leaderboard

What about just nerfing the gun? Lower the damage and zeroing range.

19. rscl

terrible ideas

AK likes this.