IMPORTANT! Next restart SE1 will go 3rd person.

Discussion in 'General' started by NuclearAdmiral, 2016-10-07.

1. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

But they wont play anyway...People requested it 1,1-5 years ago when population started fallen. It's very good that You are trying because Tansiens had us in ass when we requested for something.. But well.. Will be hard now ;-)

2. basically this. and half the people asking for 3rd person havent played in 6 months lol. Even Europa doesnt enable the damn CH just the overpoch and epoch "things" do ...

3. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

The crosshair is a minor problem atm but i kinda agree with it since most of the people here used third party dots. If you dont like it as it is maybe there is another dot out there more beautifull and admiral or tansien could add it in the mod. Adding a dot in dayzero for all is fair to everybody.
    Removing whitelist its the real shit right now but before that the admins should be ready for it and prepared. Its the next step to get players in an old mod like dayzmod.

Martin Kapalka and rscl like this.
  4. Flame81

Flame81 DayZero Stream-king/babydad Leaderboard Staff Member Gamemaster Forum Moderator

This is a classic: Give them a (or the) finger and they'll take the whole hand!

SANTERI and Miles like this.
  5. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Just treat it as an experiment.
    For now it doesnt seems like just turning server into 3pp is doing the job.
    IMO adding on top of that server promo + whitelist disabled for like 1 month will do the trick.
    If all things will fail then what... probably back to 1pp.

6. If you take down white-listing all those shitbags who like to grief and hack will be here. Then the mod will truly be dead.

NuclearAdmiral likes this.
  7. Is it possible to leave one server without need to whitelist and one server with whitelisting? I would not like to "compromise" whole dayzero, but to try it out if it will be shitfest or if it bring more players.

papsh, rscl and Miles like this.
  8. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

yes this is the best option.

9. A lot of people start playing DayZero for the old times sake kind of spontaneously due to updates, wipes or just more people coming back on weekends and starting something. Now think about how many old school players are used to 1PP since it was by far the most populated for a very long time, changing to 3PP might backfire ultimately and cause the potential of this community to dry out, since diehard fans of DayZero will most likely not be satisfied with this decision.

I personally would have hopped online just lately, but since it was changed... eh, I feel like I'm speaking to a lot of people here so people generally think DayZero is more of a hardcore style of the available zombie mods out there providing high level PVP. Now, by adding in 3PP the game mechanics are completely changed to a more arcade and easy going style, which will not attract people like me to the server.

On the other hand, if I was a casual DayZ player who could play on a 3PP server then I would have much more variety and features available on other DayZ mods due to basebuilding and other nonsense, so how much growth room there is questionable in my opinion.

But at least this hasn't been tried out so maybe more people will join, but will the settings be reverted back if the results don't show much improvement?

By the way, I think announced/scheduled server wipes have gathered some people around to play, which could be an alternative.

rosstapha and VeteranGamer like this.
  10. I would like the idea to wipe server every month. And if it fills to reasonable amount, it can be reverted back - the 3pp that is.

11. papsh

theres people who crate stuff and wipes every month wont be so good for these people. we talk about it in the past plenty of times and wipes came only after patches etc.

12. well said. It was a risk for sure but nobody was playing....

13. Wiesl

Wiesl Shipwrecked Leaderboard

just make it an escape chernarus server. This leads to nothing. 3pp:eek:n... crosshair(!!!)... byebye DayZero.
    #
    EDIT: ANd btw, I didnt know if I should start laughing or crying when I read, that some ppl of you are painting dots on their monitors.

Last edited: 2016-10-15
    VeteranGamer likes this.

14. my experience yesterday was basically fighting 1 guy camping the top of the firestation and two guys prone on tech rooftop ... third person looking over the wall etc

very fun much wow

VeteranGamer and Croc like this.
  15. Radialbuzz

Radialbuzz Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Is vehicle persistence on? I started playing again after your mass email and I've had 3 vehicles disappear on me after server restart.

16. papsh

Sometimes it happens to disappear on restart but if you fixed them before restart and moved them it wont disappear. If you tried to fix a chopper its better to have the parts already in a tent or a crate cause in one restart by yourself its pretty difficult to fix a chopper and find the parts...
    They dont disappear always on restart though. Its random.

17. papsh

m8 i guess you didnt played the last 3 years, or you didnt notice the amount of youtube DayZero videos of massive dot using :)

18. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I know I'm not really that active, but I did check the stats for the last month when it comes to player activity and it was very low. I don't think switching to third person was a good idea.

Having the crosshairs enabled though, probably a good idea since it does even the playing field a bit.

19. NuclearAdmiral

NuclearAdmiral Back in business

There should be some bigger changes in order to get population up, I dont really know what that could be though..
    Custom mission once a week with a prize maybe, or a whole new mod so we have dayzero and another one (two servers)..

Edit, If it was up to me i´d simply set it back to 1st person.. In all honesty 3rd person is pretty shit but if it were to bring new players i could have lived with it, but seeing the numbers being the same id rather keep it dayzero like and force it to 1st.. My two cents.

VeteranGamer and rscl like this.
  20. Wiesl

Wiesl Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Actually I think that nothing will do the job here. Maybe you will have one day with 20ppl on and then another 2 weeks with 8 max.
    I would suggest you save yourself the money and wait for Standalone Modsupport (if this game will evolve to something playable someday).
    I was pretty pissed when you first announced taking the down the server, but since then Dayzero has slowly died.
    Maybe you can do some Arma Events (like TvT) for a worthy farewell.
    If you keep the server running I will still check it now and then, but I won`t play as long as the playercount doesn`t surpass 15. And I seriously doubt it will.
    Just my two cents.