IMPORTANT! Next restart SE1 will go 3rd person.

Discussion in 'General' started by NuclearAdmiral, 2016-10-07.

1. NuclearAdmiral

NuclearAdmiral Back in business

I have played it quite alot actually, mostly wasteland but im not very fond of 20:ish FPS..

2. Girigo

Girigo Scavenger Leaderboard

That's actually a good point, I will get my clan and try and come by and play on the server some in the comming days^^

3. LSB_

LSB_ Survivor Leaderboard

I think, we should put 2 servers up, one 3pp and the other 1pp. If there is more people on 3pp others will generally value population over 3pp/1pp and therefore switch from 1pp to 3pp or vise versa. Which ever one ends up with the higher average population can stay up and then the other be either taken down or just left to stay up (up to NuclearAdmiral).

4. LSB_

LSB_ Survivor Leaderboard

+ who the fuck plays podagorsk, that shit is trash.o_Oo_O

5. LOL

6. NuclearAdmiral

People wondering about crosshair it seems like that one will stay on, mdms has requested that one so we will have both in that case (3rd person).

7. I feel like the problem mostly here is that tho there are people waiting to play, they dont want to join low player count server. 20 guys look at the server and be like "oh only 3 players...i wont join that low count", but then if just couple would join and the number would go to 5-10, some more and more people would join with them.

Just a speculation.... i have noticed that this has happened couple times. 3 players in the server, I and 4 others join in and in 30mins the server has 20+ players.

Martin Kapalka likes this.
  8. I would vote for that idea which was in this thread somewhere if Im not wrong.

Get rid of podagorsk and replace it with another 3rd person server without need to whitelist. Yes there will be need for closer look on that server but if there will be need for more manpower to look for hackers I would volunteer to put hours in.

And with this change maybe we can attract more potential players.

TheDew and rscl like this.
  9. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

good idea

10. Carl

Carl Shipwrecked Leaderboard

I started playing Dayz like 4 years ago, my gaming havent improved much sadly (not at all tbh ;-)) but still this is by far the most adrenalineboosting game ive ever played. Turning on 3rd person again made me happy otherwise im totally chanceless against u pros and i Think this will attract many more players like me (noobs). I´m playing the game "like its supposed to be played" that means not instarun to NWAF and fight, but actually loot up, scout, hide, and evolve slowly. Unfortunaly when I played just minutes ago i encountered my first hacker since the swipe (havent met one for a year). He shot me near Zub castle and then teleported to my spawnlocation in Berezino Lumber mill and trashtalked about stop playing this mod. Is the whitelist already of? Time for the occasion was about 16:10 and the only players on the server beside me was" deaedd", "Inky Jones", "omocher" and "bh". Wont bother playing the game again if the whitelist is down.

Thanks for your effort Admiral!

11. Sorry to hear it has come to this. The only reason me and my friends played DayZero was for the realistic 1PP zombie survival feel but it's been great the past 3 years. 3PP is out of the question for us for obvious reasons as everyone who knows why people prefer 1PP.

Hopefully in the future a new game will come that will reach the same STALKER-esque multiplayer experience as we have had so far, even if it looks pretty depressing with most new attempts we've seen so far.

12. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

I have ages to see you playing in the 1st person server m8. If people populate the 3rd person server then the 1st person server will come back, that was the plan.

13. NuclearAdmiral

It really amazes me looking at the accounts and guys who moan about this 3rd person change being the end, yet i have to see you guys online for ages while it still was 1st person o_O

Just see it as a good thing because if we were to get enough players there will be a first person server too but this is simply something we have to do now to try and revive Dayzero. Im not here to do theese changes just to fuck with people, I have a goal behind all this and thats just to get the population increasing again :)

Miles, papsh, M|J and 2 others like this.
  14. I was one of the few people actually still playing even if the server was near empty. I still feel the crosshair is a bit too much.

M|J, NuclearAdmiral and rosstapha like this.
  15. Thing is that CH pretty much negate the advantage of having dot in the center of your screen, which is great. I hate that kind of exploit. So I dont mind the CH at all. It is dot for everyone to use.

NuclearAdmiral likes this.
  16. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

remove crosshair (looks shitty imo)

dots are not needed. just shoot and dont aim in and see what happens, the bullets still come out of your gun - i am sure you will still kill people.

:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

17. NuclearAdmiral

The reason for enabling it is because most of the players use 3rd party crosshairs ingame or put tape on their screens so just make it equal for all then, Players always have an urge the "have the upper hand" with no breaths and this.. Even though this was not my decision to enable i kinda agree with it now..

18. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

it is not a big advantage putting a dot on your screen, it is doable without (I am probably going to make people rage saying that because some people refuse to try it without a dot)

DayZero has always looked clean...crosshair looks europa-shit

19. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

I don't know why are you thinking that 3pp will revive server... I don't think that problem is in 1st or 3rd person.

20. NuclearAdmiral

Because so many have requested it ? Thats why this was done because SO many wanted it..