IMPORTANT! Next restart SE1 will go 3rd person.

Discussion in 'General' started by NuclearAdmiral, 2016-10-07.

1. ska

ska Scavenger Leaderboard

yes!

2. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

The crosshair is on, that should not be a thing tho.. :)

NuclearAdmiral likes this.
  3. Flame81

Flame81 DayZero Stream-king/babydad Leaderboard Staff Member Gamemaster Forum Moderator

Everyone "loves" first person BUT no one wants to play it. Or for example I won't play if not X-XX amount of people are online. That's an issue we really cant change.

Having a automatic whitelist(mostly works with no problem but not 100%), which provides protection for new and old players is not really an issue. Sure, some people have had success in bypassing our "net" but they won't be here a long time thanks to both you guys and staff.

rosstapha and NuclearAdmiral like this.
  4. NuclearAdmiral

NuclearAdmiral Back in business

really ? :eek:

M|J likes this.
  5. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

yep but it should stay, since there are 3 party programs to enable a dot or croshair anyway so better to not dig a gap between "frehies" and "pros" even bigger

6. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Lets wait for a month and see how it goes. If the 3rd person server get 40-50 players then Admiral could bring back one more server in 1st person. I dont like 3rd person but i will play it if this is what the people want. Better a full Dayzero 3rd person server than an empty 1st person...
    I have a feeling though that some of the people who wanted 3rd person back will wait for population to hit 50ppl so they can join the server lol.

NuclearAdmiral and rosstapha like this.
  7. shadybh

shadybh i love you Leaderboard

and no one is even logging in, just me and 1 other... where is everyone? all talk :mad:

"i'm not gonna join unless more people are on"

8. rscl

Well its friday im drinking sorry mate :p

9. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

well, the reasoning for getting 3rd person is that new people are more likely to stay as on Europa.
    Personally i am more likely to play more aswell due to the fact that its way more chill to run in 3rd person. No one ever said it was insta gonna be 60/60

10. PvtJoker

PvtJoker Shipwrecked Leaderboard

i thought this mod was dead, wth?

11. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

I'm gonna try and play again for the first time in what feels like a year.

12. I'm the last person to tell this, but I think crosshair would be a good idea. Ye olde players use it anyway using some program or just a piece of paper.

If we go this road, let us go all the way. Also it does not help if you open it up to 3rd person, you have to open it up to public...and that means a lot of job for you Nuclearadmiral... But it doesn't have to be a permanent solution. Can always go back to needing whitelist.

fiskNships likes this.
  13. I have to be honest I can try 3rd person, but pleaz no crosshair ... if people really want one they can bloody use the 3rd party programs but that thing just gets in the way and promotes over the shoulder sniper shots... .

pleaz turn off the crosshair, its one thing to change it from 1PP to 3rd person but FFS TURN THAT OFF :-(

Last edited: 2016-10-08
  14. Im sorry but 3rdP is way too turn off for our group...
    Especially with crosshair on. Which it still it btw, at least for melee weapons.

Croc likes this.
  15. as others and myself have said we arent very happy with changing to 3rd person but we prefer playing that with a full server over lets say vanilla

16. It is so funny listen here people shit on 3rd person and CH. Where were you last weeks, when the server was on 5 guys max and empty majority of days.

So your opinions about gameplay doesn't apply.

I personally hope it will attract more and maybe new players to the mod and there is no loss in trying. I do not like 3rd person or CH but Im all in for trying something new to get more players.

1st person is far less enjoyable with only 2 other players online...

17. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

The goal is to get players again in dayzero. Moaning about 1st or 3rd person right now its silly. If europa can make it, dayzero can make it much better. The only difference getting in the players is the whitelist. If in a month the server wont get enough players it would be a good idea to remove whitelist for a month only like Ignak said...

18. rscl

yes 1 month disabling whitelisting + some promo in DZ community

today I was playing was already like 12 ppl during the day, like 2-3 hours ago

90% of the nicks were totally new to me

19. NuclearAdmiral

NuclearAdmiral Back in business

This is pretty much what im aiming for, with its bads it surely will have lots of goods too by bringing new people in..

papsh, Martin Kapalka and rscl like this.
  20. Girigo

Girigo Scavenger Leaderboard

You haven't considered playing Epoch instead?