IMPORTANT! Next restart SE1 will go 3rd person.

Discussion in 'General' started by NuclearAdmiral, 2016-10-07.

1. NuclearAdmiral

NuclearAdmiral Back in business

Seeing so many players want 3rd person enabled in order to get more players I decided to just go with it.. I didnt care to write an essay about this but i think this should help us gain some new and old players back :)

Also a wipe is incoming at the same time :cool:

Have fun \ :-D /

Last edited: 2016-10-07
    Arce, Miles and M|J like this.
  2. can we not have one first person and one 3rd person?

rosstapha likes this.
  3. NuclearAdmiral

I really dont see enough players for that.. If we were to magically gain alot of new players sure :)

But at this point i´d like to see one server actually active.

M|J likes this.
  4. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Well its tearing me aprat (disabling 1pp) but maybe lets try and see....

PLS SEND MASS MAIL ABOUT 3PP, otherwise this change will pass without notice and effect + disable whitelisting (we see many players logging just for few minutes out of curiostity and getting kicked out from not being whitelisted, they are not coming back since server is empty/low players, so they just dont bother doing whitelisting for it)

NuclearAdmiral likes this.
  5. Totte

Totte Stalker Leaderboard

Agree, if you actually want players you have to disable the whitelist.

rosstapha likes this.
  6. NuclearAdmiral

I have sent out 70k:ish emails about it and posted here and in irc, so we will have to wait and see :)

rscl likes this.
  7. ... third person whoring over walls is not fun. The reason people dont play 1pp is becuz there is nobody on the server not because its 1pp ...

alot of the people who defend 3rd person werent even playing this game for far longer then when it came back up.

I guess we can see how it does, dayzero 3rd person beats vanilla anyday but the fights are gonna be so boring.

Tbh I appreciate the time u are putting in @NuclearAdmiral but am skeptical because none of the dayz mods nor dayzero in 3rd person ever gave me the adrenaline rush this mod is about I feel. if ur lying behind a low wall perfectly in cover and can see 360 around u nothing is that exciting anymore.

Karhu and Quint like this.
  8. I dunno, I love first person but nobody plays it, Might as well try something new. I am confused as to why we have 2 servers up one of which is never used. Will there only be one server this time? I think white list is a bigger issue as someone said. I am glad someone is trying though.

anando, rscl and NuclearAdmiral like this.
  9. NuclearAdmiral

you guys would be amazed on how many hackers old and new are trying to get back in here with new accounts, new cd key basically new everything (and getting caught though) and by disabling whitelisting we will simply be opening the doors, I can guarantee you there will be zero players on that as it will simply be hacked to shit daily.. If we were to have one server without whitelisting that is.

Im not even shitting you when i say we have a handfull of players who have wasted far over 20 keys by trying to get back in, I guess they want back because you cant play dayzero elsewhere.. i really dont know

Crowen, Flame81 and Quint like this.
  10. I meant one of each 3rd person and 1st person. But that answer does change my mind on white listing. I wonder how Europa gets on without it!

11. not amazed at all tbh Arma2 + DLC's costs like 6 euro atm or something silly.

Why not try what RSCL suggested and change SE2 to 3rd person without whitelisting and see what happens. if its more popular it will fill up anyway even tho its not SE1 , if its full of hackers we still have another server, and lastly people who try the 3rd person might stay and even try out the 1pp.

ska and NuclearAdmiral like this.
  12. This is terrible. I've been playing since the early days of BMRF and I've played 1st person exclusively since that time, since I find that 3rd person makes the game far less intense/enjoyable, but apparently I'm in the minority here. :-(

It's really sad because this is the one place I can come to for my Dayzero fix and now its going to be 3rd person only? </3

13. u are definitly not the only one, but we need to not blindly stare at this as something bad. Im also having trouble with this but Dayzero 3rd person with a full server is still way more enjoyable then vanilla or an empty 1pp server

14. very valid,

this is now going to compete with europa, and for all dayzero's amazing changes to the mechanics, third person might ruin that. But (putting on my business graduate hat) .... dayzero is like a restaurant right now with 10 old people eating there every couple of days saying how much they like it. meanwhile the restaurant is losing money. If the management listens to the 10 old farts eating their 1st person meal nothing will change. Jokes aside, lets see where this goes!

15. rscl

Let's be honest, recently server got to that point it was empty 24h few days in row. We cannot hope for any further updates since it has been stopped being developed, ergo we cannot hope for the update hype effect and cycle of full server/low pop to continue since there is no fuel to keep the fire.

Trying the 3pp approach is the only thing which Nucelar can do ATM so lets hope it will bring smth to the table. For sure its worth to try and yes having filled 3pp dayzero server is 100x better than having empty 1pp dayzero server. No brainer here.

Karhu and NuclearAdmiral like this.
  16. rscl

17. NuclearAdmiral

Dont get me wrong im not saying this is a bad idea, It could be something we could try too b
    I noticed you shared my post, Greatly appreciated :)

rscl likes this.
  18. nice to see this, will join up and give it a go again :p

19. geXzoR

geXzoR Scavenger Leaderboard

This solution seems like it is worth trying, even though it is sad at the same time to lose 1PP. Still it is people's own fault to begin with, for not joining the server and playing :>

Some regular community events could probably also help spice up the experience and maybe draw players back. Perhaps a monthly brawl where where powerful gimmicks drop from the sky, like AS50's or similar, so people have some objectives to fight and compete over :>

rscl and NuclearAdmiral like this.
  20. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

+ few new players on 3rd pp and - few old players in the same time because not everybody like to play on 3rd...