SERVERS WILL SHUT DOWN :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Tansien, 2016-07-04.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I understand the reasons...and it's extremely sad :-( This has been the only game I've really enjoyed for a long while. Not sure what to do now :<

bnz, Flame81, anando and 4 others like this.
  2. Kippari

Kippari Mr. Chickenhand Leaderboard

Atleast we had a good run! Lets not forget that.

Hammer, Furrez, Crowen and 2 others like this.
  3. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

A lot of talk about the donation for the new server. And I do understand it - as I donated for it myself. But that was desperate measure that was needed to be done to have atleast a go at trying to run it. And lets be frank, the donations were not 700EUR - I big part of the donation pool was done by Tansien himself.

The acquired gameserver will be used for the Standalone once the modding is open for that.

Anyways, the hard fact is that we have no manpower, zero, nada. You roasted Papsh out and others have quit. I told Tansien today that I will not be part of the admin team anymore and we did not want to leave a hacker infested server running without any moderation, adminsitrating or support - abandoned.

4. mdms

I would assume so. If the netcode, pathfinding and antihack is better than what we currently have (ARMA II BattlEye).

It is easy to ban people once we have the proof, but getting the proof takes just too much time and manpower. Keeping the server clean would actually require us to hire someone to go over stuff - full time.

You have not cared about cheaters because most of them get banned very quickly, some get to rampage for a while and some never get caught.

We currently have roughly 5000 banned GUIDs. Yes, five thousands. And these are not banned by BattlEye - they are banned by our own anticheat or hard labour manually. Five thousand. That means that every 14th user we have is a banned, confirmed, hacker - or otherwise a worthy person to get banned (toxic, streamsnipe, abuse, etc.). And a big part of our registered users have never even played the mod.

Last edited: 2016-07-04
    Crowen likes this.
  5. I just feel sorry for the people who donated $100+ like BillyTheKid and I think some others donated a lot..

Oh wait he cheated, who cares.

Last edited: 2016-07-04
  6. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

ok let me just say that if I could have an options to choose:

1 - close the server

2 - leave the server without admin overwatch and let it live its own hacked life

then the hell ! I prefer second option 1000x more!

Im very sad and dissapointed. Its like the best game for me and none else can feel the gap...
    Maybe admins from other DayZ Mod servers would be interested to step in ? Europa ?

We are all hyped about announced changes http://clip2net.com/s/3zSbH5O and now this... really... its just terrible...

one more thing... ArmaII is ArmaII with all of its flaws but we all just fucking love it and we all know it wont be the same on the standalone engine... just pls reconsider all this again

Karlis, VeteranGamer, anando and 4 others like this.
  7. wesker

wesker Capri Sun Leaderboard

rip. end of an era

anando, Natural and LSB_ like this.
  8. ewan

ewan Scavenger Leaderboard

9. wow, that's the most pathetic post ever. Surprised you haven't set a new donation goal. Disgusting.

Tansien, you're a joke.

10. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

frozr, NarkoZ (Both accounts are banned for hacking), or whatever you want us to call you - people like you are the reason we're shutting down.

Karlis, SANTERI, anando and 7 others like this.
  11. mdms

I felt sorry for him earlier today when he got banned for abusing a confirmed hacker (which was hacking today again). So after checking his "donations", seems that he has donated hero status for multiple accounts that have been banned since. So I would not feel bad for him if I were you. Either he has money to throw away to players who get banned eventually or he is using a stolen PayPal.

JackZNU likes this.
  12. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Kinda making the point for us here considering I paid for both the EU and the US server out of my own pocket the last month. And for the last year or so I've paid a lot of months out of my own pocket.

Dreadd, Rawryy, anando and 8 others like this.
  13. Oh my bad, sorry. Fuck him then :)

14. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

Saw this coming unfortunately, sad to see the servers go. I enjoyed playing with and against all of you since DayZero was made in 2012.

RIP.

15. BillyKid

BillyKid dominant rule disgrace Leaderboard

Dont say [cencored] its my paypal [cencored],people like me made donation and up server [cencored]

16. Can you try to leave the servers open untill the end of the month? See how infested it gets and then close it?

Extremely sad news but i kinda understand.....

anando likes this.
  17. Lets not forget that you abandoned the server for like a year straight.

18. Shut the fuck up, if you cheat after donating money why expect to get your money back? Covering up your cancerous russian hacks with stolen money.

Kennyy likes this.
  19. I hope server no go down.

Dreadd, Furrez, TheDew and 1 other person like this.
  20. i hope it no go down too

weddy97 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.