SERVERS WILL SHUT DOWN :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Tansien, 2016-07-04.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnz

bnz Always late and usually AFK. Leaderboard

Heard from Janne that the server has really been shut down.

I played here from the start in fall 2012 (has it really been that long, wow?), and even when I haven't been playing for the last year or so, I still find myself waking up in the morning after running and exploring Chernarus for the whole night. :-D

Needless to say, these years playing here were awesome in so many ways, and it still amazes me how captivating such a sandbox environment can be to a curious individual. And ppl, don't be sad about the server shutting down, instead be happy about all the moments you got to experience here, it's been a privilege.

So - thanks and cheers to everyone (finns, swedes, all of you) who I played with and everyone who I encountered on and off the server, it was a blast!

It was never about the zombies or the loot, it was about ya'll.

p.s. Huge special thanks to @Tansien and all of the crew for maintaining the server for so long.

p.p.s @Karhu even visited me & @Vien in Finland last year, all thanks to the fact that we met him in Dayzero. :cool:

p.p.p.s I have over a terabyte of recordings and screenshots from Dayzero that I need to recover and go through on a semi-broken harddrive. :-D

p.p.p.p.s This is the typical way we used to play, staying alive was never the point. :p

Last edited: 2016-07-17
    Freddie, Brooksie, SANTERI and 5 others like this.

2. funny how i don't understand a word you guys are saying but i can still place all the nicknames to voices because you guys were always in the same ts

Karhu and bnz like this.
  3. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Its not that bad. Dmg is actually higher on many weapons from what we experienced.
    Many chopper crashes with top gear.

Landbergaren likes this.
  4. bnz

@Enemy11 haha yeap, and also coz we finns all have a genuinely distinguishable voice, right? :-D

TheDew likes this.
  5. LSB_

LSB_ Survivor Leaderboard

Dam, them good ol' days, 57 players! Would be a dream nowa'days

Karhu likes this.
  6. Like just about everyone else, I'd lke to thank you Tansien for your hard work over the years, and the creation of the best mod of a mod I've ever played. You are the GOAT man. DayZero is a prime example of why community driven games end up being so amazing. I will remember all the great times i've had on this game forever.

RIP DayZero, and by extension RIP Arma 2 DayZ Mod. <3

Karhu and RikuGoesHam like this.
  7. Denno94

Denno94 Chernarus Liberation Army Leaderboard

Hey guys if Tansien would like to we could arrange something with a friend of mine.
    He is the co-owner and developer at https://saur.co/board/ and Cain and me had a chat with him and he would be willing to host the server and try and find some people who are willing to moderate it.
    So maybe we could still enjoy the best Dayz experience that is out there.

So Tansien if you would like to we could have a chat on teamspeak and talk about the possibilities if you are willing to.
    And keep your legacy running.

Kristjan, LSB_, Croc and 3 others like this.
  8. Harbinger

Harbinger Your Master Leaderboard

hi, bnz

9. bnz

Harbinger hi! Whats up? Fruits?

10. I am curious as to what is happening with this? have you had any contact with Tansien and/or admins?

Dreadd likes this.
  11. OMG the drama. He's not going to let loose of the server files, and he's not going pass the servers to anyone. Either of those could be done with very little cost and effort. Many of us have been doing both for years and years , so we know. If it was going to be done, it would have been done by now. Maybe he doesn't want any repercussions or liability going forward with the new owners. Or maybe he feels he'd never get paid for the time he put into it if he feels its worth some sort of money. Who knows. Either way its his business.

This mod is dead . Was a heap of fun while it lasted ,and be thankful for that and move on already. Bashing each other here is just silly.

Thanks for the good times.

12. Ye...there was some willing admins, and such. But in the end he just wanted it shut down. We always could've found new admins to spectate and such
    but apparently that is not me :) Nor anyone else I know.

I was given a no-no after all :)

13. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Hello everyone. Just letting you know that the server files do not work with 3rd party hosters without heavy modifying. Also the admin tools are just too complicated to install, maintenance and tweak/configure. On top of that giving away the server files would compromise the future antihack features we might have to implement for Standalone version.

And about the admins: Sadly there is currently no-one that can be trusted to take over the "deep" adminisitration of the mod. We could have made a multiple users a moderator / spectator (like Ignak), but without them having access and know-how to go through the tools, SQL and logs it would have been pointless as they would have been missing 80% of the information needed to effectively search and ban the cheaters.

Even giving a small tutorial on basic admin tools usage will take multiple hours and on top of that the new admin already needs to know how Arma II, @hive, SQL and general data integration and collection works.

Brooksie and Rawryy like this.
  14. I respect your decision and I stand by it. It was just a last shot that I'd be a admin :) Everyone knows I get blastered on booze all the time

15. rscl likes this.
  16. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

You should read the whole thread before you download anything from Dylan.

The guy is known for stealing cdkeys, hacking arma2, ddosing servers, etc.

LSB_ likes this.
  17. LSB_

LSB_ Survivor Leaderboard

Sorry for putting anyone at risk, i didn't know this guy at all, didn't think he was who he is.

18. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

Ok, ok but where is Tansien?

Kennyy and Lxgic like this.
  19. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Just enjoying my free time.

TheDew, Dreadd, Kippari and 7 others like this.
  20. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

Fine, but you could and should answer us...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.