SERVERS WILL SHUT DOWN :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Tansien, 2016-07-04.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zac

Zac 3D Artist Leaderboard Forum Moderator

I've been super busy moving house and getting settled in, so this is the first I've heard of it :-( :-( :-(

Never thought I'd see the day but hopefully SA can be polished, have some of the shit trimmed off, tweaked, modded to make something very great.

I'm thankful for the time I spent here, and all of those who took me on board, as well as the community who always appreciated the time that everyone dedicated to the project. It's one of my favourite mods of all time and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Good bye & much love.

AngryHuskie, Karhu, weddy97 and 14 others like this.
  2. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

Zac thank you so much for your work you spend here. But please.. Try talk to Tansien to start up this mod again... We will find new admins/moderators. There is no more mods like DayZero..

Karhu and Lxgic like this.
  3. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

wat hef i dun 2 u

4. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

I am still salty about when I got a one day ban for posting a fucking Kappa emote.

5. Could we see the black forest military base you was making? (if you ever planned it out or made a brief design)

Furrez, rscl, TheDew and 2 others like this.
  6. Zac

Zac 3D Artist Leaderboard Forum Moderator

Yeah sure, I was aiming for a cliffside bunker, but the location was rather slanted so i was struggling to level off the floor and ended up having to make flat grass floors to create some even surfaces, it was a pain because they looked so ugly from far away against the satellite texture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this was near the area, or was something I was testing

[​IMG]
    With an interior version of this bunker with the doors open & more doors inside.

I'll try to find some more.

Also was a more S.T.A.L.K.E.R inspired camo building texture that i was never too happy with (stuck out too much)

[​IMG]

I also was trying to replace all road textures

[​IMG]

As well as trying to get a Mosin added

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some concepts for some buildings i was originally not going to open but add details to to make it feel more abandoned.

[​IMG]

I also almost finished a new type of roadblock which had a ladder, it was going to help separate areas of cherno but the file got messy with it having so many textures and models merged in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also wanted the gas tanks around the map to be destructable, just incase someone wanted to cut off the fuel supply in certain regions.

[​IMG]

I was also trying to build some models for a USA map but it was only a test and never got past the 'lets make a model and add it to a flat map' phase. I struggled to find good satmap data for a while. I came to the conclusion i would have to either custom make one or pay for it.

[​IMG]

Untextured yes, I had other buildings that i wanted to use for it too though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2016-07-13
  7. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

So cool stuff man!
    ;((((

8. Oh fuck that looks awesome....

9. But what about the tandem bike zac? :-D

LobbySurfer likes this.
  10. LSB_

LSB_ Survivor Leaderboard

@Zac Not going to quote the whole thing, but its a real shame all this work has gone to waste since the servers wont be coming back up. It looks great, if we're lucky we maybe be able to see it one day!

11. Okay now I'm fucking mad, why did I ask hahahah (serious though, that's some good work Zac)

Karhu and LobbySurfer like this.
  12. Destructable fueltanks would have been very cool. So few choppers that weren´t refueled at Skalka/Kamyshovo. :-D

Karhu likes this.
  13. Just when I got my vacation & was about to stream again.. I got my old crew hyped up to run for 40minutes..

Best mod/game ive played. Sad times.

weddy97, JackZNU, Lxgic and 2 others like this.
  14. I'll miss you broe </33333

weddy97 and Comeatmebroe like this.
  15. NoLimit

NoLimit Shipwrecked Leaderboard

I'd be happy to step up and take over the servers. My group and I have run many arma2 and arma 3 servers. Including adding/deleting mods etc. We have the man power to do proper admin both on server and forums. Let me know please.

Karhu, JackZNU, LSB_ and 6 others like this.
  16. Nebby

Nebby Such bullet, much brainmatter Leaderboard

Only just got the thread linked. Sad to see DayZero go. Had some fun moments with my old team on there :)

17. 1) shame the servers went down, it was a good alternative back in the day once vanilla dayz got boring. thanks to Tansien/MDMS for the work you've put into this project

2) lol at the people who still can't refrain themselves from posting their e-drama in this topic of all places. now that dayzero is down maybe use the free time for some self evaluation

3) dayz standalone is actually in a playable state now that they've fixed the performance issues. 1.0 wont come forever though at the pace they're going so rip mod support

4) keeping the server running with closed registration won't work since people from the old guard will take advantage of the situation and start cheating now that noone's watching. it's better to end on a good note rather than the inevitable disaster

ps freddie is a pleb

Last edited: 2016-07-14
    Dreadd and Karhu like this.
  18. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

NoLimit wirite to Tansien pls

Miles, LSB_, rscl and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.