SERVERS WILL SHUT DOWN :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Tansien, 2016-07-04.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Hi guys,
    I'm really sorry to announce this, but after talking with mdms, neither of us have the energy or the willpower to work on developing the mod nor the energy to moderate it (banning hackers and cheaters).

Because this would mean that the servers would be left without anyone maintaining them (banning hackers/cheaters) we have decided to instead shut them down. If anyone knows someone at a serious organization that would be interested in taking over management of the servers they can let me know.

Once DayZ Standalone gets server files, I will put up servers for that. So this does not mean that we're shutting down the website completly.

The servers will go dark at midnight July 10th.

Last edited: 2016-07-04
    EdenSmith likes this.
  2. weddy97

weddy97 Häftmassa Leaderboard

wat

Furrez and EdenSmith like this.
  3. wtf? cant you just announce that a day or 2 ahead?? to have aleast a good buy night/fight/hype!?
    THATS SO WRONG!!!!

EdenSmith likes this.
  4. So you ask for money for a new server which costed $750 and then you take the servers down? Fucking nice one buddy.

anando and LSB_ like this.
  5. Tansien

If someone serious wants to take over moderating/admin work I'd be willing to let them use the server, otherwise we will use it when DayZ Standalone releases files. I just don't want to leave the servers running without anyone moderating them.

6. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

wat?

7. But there's energy and willpower for standalone?

Bishop87 likes this.
  8. Croc

You're talking about podagorsk, right?

9. EVERYONE GO TO NWAF, FINAL LAST FIGHT
    GOGOGOGOGOGOGO

10. Tansien

No, I'm talking about all servers.

11. Tansien

The big problem with the servers right now is the time required to hunt down and ban everyone that's hacking and cheating.
    ArmA2 CD keys are cheap as fuck and even with our (very) advanced tools it's still a lot of manual work, and it's just mdms doing admin work at the moment. He said he wants to quit and I respect that, sadly I don't have the time to find a good replacement for him or to train anyone up.

Who knows when standalone will be finished, but it will probably require a lot less effort on our part to hunt down and ban hackers than currently.

12. Croc

Dude, please no ;(

13. Tansien

I've changed the deadline until July 10th.

14. Croc

Lets make screen shot together on the NWA guys

Karlis, miska, LSB_ and 1 other person like this.
  15. Okay, don't take it as having a pop, but you say 'everyone that's hacking and cheating' like you know it's going on, and if you know its happening why isn't it easy to just bring the ban hammer out. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the methods by which you spot it.

Anyway, if this is the case, I hope those responsible are pleased to have effectively stopped the service for others.

DaCrazyCageMan and BillyKid like this.
  16. Croc

Tansien but for real nobody cared about cheaters since 1 year so what is this now? We played and was ok.. Just ban russians IP address and server will be clear.

17. Honestly the only cheater that's played in here in the past year was that Dylan guy who used to DDOS dayzero, he's now banned. All these people like riku and Jolieto who were suspected for cheating were never cheating.

18. I dont get how you collect money to setup the servers again and then shut them down a few weeks later because of reasons that apparently existed even before the shutdown?

thehet likes this.
  19. BillyKid

BillyKid dominant rule disgrace Leaderboard

19.00 i was banned! ok,gave me my money back!i made donate more 100 EU!!

20. a good point I have to say, albeit nobody is obliged to give anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.