Zombies

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dominatex, 2016-03-15.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes, I confirm Zombies need a nerf

56.3%
  2. No, they fine

43.7%
  1. dominatex

dominatex Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Greetings!

Im pretty sure Dayzero keep losing a lot of people because of these zombies. Their aggro distance at daytime is way too high, thats why server is empty until its getting dark. People start to come when daytime is gone. In situations when u got a lot of zombies on you u cant kill them cuz they moving around you with 100 mph, dodging your shots, breaking your arms/legs/minds. Dayzero is dying its a fact. My suggestion is:

1. Nerf a bit their aggro distance atleast at daytime
    2. Nerf their movespeed a bit also

What do you guys think?

2. core.exe

core.exe Scavenger Leaderboard

Totally agree, my suggestion first of all reduce their movement speed for like 5%, and see how it goes.

3. temeeh

temeeh Survivor Leaderboard

i bet that is reason number 1. why new people dont like this mod. soooo haard zombies.

4. + the fog, saw alot of randoms complain in the chat when the server was full

5. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

i totally agree also :) im gonna speak with tansien about it.

6. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Zombies were already nerfed lately, they were fine for me already before the nerf - giving some challenge to act in a smart way in order to achievie what u need in certain circumstances. Thats why im really surprised ppl are stil not happy with them since now they are just minor annoyance for me. Personally the game will loose a lot of depth and unique vibe if they gona be nerfed even more - then they will become smth rather meaningless and trival, not even worth to take into consideration with ur actions in many cases...

Karhu and Bokhandlaren like this.
  7. dominatex

dominatex Shipwrecked Leaderboard

few month later you guys will be fighting against zombies because the server will be totally empty. i do not suggest nerf zombies to the ground, i suggest nerf them a bit, so that new players could not rage quit after 5 min gameplay on Dayzero.

8. BillyKid

BillyKid dominant rule disgrace Leaderboard

Will be better if you nerf zombies speed,those bastards run faster than my bullet

9. Zombies are fine as they are atm. They should be hard and be a pain in the ass, gives this mod that nice challenging touch.
    I personally dont have any problems juking or shooting zombies at. If you feel like you cant shoot it in the head, pop a cap in its knee...the fucker will slow down quite nicely. The only thing he will be telling you then is how he used to be a running zombie...until he took an led arrow to the knee.

Please dont nerf the zombies, but if you have to nerf something then i guess the speed. Easier to juke and shoot them, should be enough for people who have problems with them atm.

And about the fog. I think it brings that nice tactical element every now and then. The fog is not that common, and most of the time the view distance is well over 1km in the daytime. The fog does come only when its raining heavily. The fog gives the players that little edge to run across the field with more cover that usually, so they can be playing more aggressively even at Airfield.

10. The biggest problem with zombies, at least in my opinion, hasn't even been mentioned.

Zombies always have been an indicator of player activity, i know it's bad game design to begin with, but you are used to having that information:
    a) zombies in an area -> player is there
    b) No zombies in the same area -> no player there

And this has changed in the recent patches. If you have played this game for as long as i have (4 years now) you are used to certain things and how they work.
    Running into an area, no zombies there, not even yourself spawning any, and suddenly a guy runs out of the building next to you, that is bad and i didn't see any changes in the patch notes that indicate this behaviour or state that this is intended.

I don't want to say that i will always need zombies to tell if a player is arround, but it has been that way for a long time and if you don't intend to change this, than keep it that way. But the current state is just bad and it needs fixing.

I am fine with removing this "Information Element" but make it clear that this is a design choice and not just a bug in the game and you try to fix this.

Last edited: 2016-03-16
    BillyKid likes this.
  11. I think Zombies should be hard, it's a risk vs reward situation. But i think the amount of zombies spawning in some places is just out of hand. There are some small areas where 20 zombies spawn and others where 1 single zombie runs arround. Spread it out a bit more.

thehet likes this.
  12. BillyKid

BillyKid dominant rule disgrace Leaderboard

You right lad,need to fix that

13. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

For me its great that spawning zombies indicating players appearnce - its boosting PvP opportunity a lot IMO. Gameplay side its very good. In other case I guess will be more camping.

True that the mechanic doesnt work always which is bad. Had situation like that yesterday, was reaching stary - no zombies whatsoever and suddenly burst from some window in random building :F

14. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

For the last three or so years, zombies has been nothing but nerfed. We've slowed them down, we have GREATLY decreased the damage they do to players (to the point where you can literary stand with 7 zombies hitting you for 10 seconds without dying...) in 1.4.9 or 1.5.0 their visual detection range was also decreased by 25%.

Karhu, Furrez, Julian[RTC] and 2 others like this.
  15. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

The problem is that they have way too big detection range and they are too fast.

fletch, dominatex and JackZNU like this.
  16. The problem is that players run right through them in open area and then whine when they are being chased.

Karhu, thehet and Tansien like this.
  17. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

Nope

fletch likes this.
  18. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

Might wanna look into that if anything got bugged, ask almost anyone and you're probably gonna get the response that it's worse than before during daytime.

Getting aggro from 200m away when crouching, never happened before 1.5.0 but it does now

dominatex and fletch like this.
  19. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I'll take a look at the code. It's annoying as fuck though so I hate you guys for making me do it. :|
    ;-)

20. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

And we ruv u too