Enable finally choosing spawn place

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rscl, 2016-03-14.

1. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Currently we have this terrible "random" system of spawn place which effecting only in multiple suicides as long as player gona "roll" his wanted spawn place. I believe its original DayZ mod feature ?

Get rid of this HUGE annoyance, face the reality that people are just avoiding this bad game design concept of random spawn by killing themselves on the coast. Only thing this "feature" brings is waste of time and gain of frustration on playerside. Imagine me going back from work, being tired and then BAM, lets play a game called wasted 15 minutes for some good spawn, nothing really mesmerizing about it.

Enable choosing spawn destination. One day I have a mood for Berezino, the other feel like going thru Balota and yet another day I like for example go from Prigorodki. Its a game! It is suppose to bring fun! Not some pain in the ass and annoyance. So allow people to choose what they like to play. Obviously there are few spawn places which are just horrible and nearly no1 continue their road up north from those, tweaking map like with the revealed Black Forest camp is a step into right direction but still the main issue remains.

Someone will say - oeh noes dont do it because everyone will choose Prigorodki - well at first maybe but soon people will realise such path is too big of a clusterfuck and will spread more.

Other will say no no no, cause I killed some people on altar and dont wanna give them chance to run up fast from best spawn to the battlefield - well - the game is about PvP ? So the more action the better + currently already such person can be lucky and "roll" best spawn, but do we really need to let the gameplay be based on random rolls rather than on skill and planning/strategy ?

I hope devs will be openminded to this suggestion and give it some second thoughts cause for sure it will help a lot for server retention.

miska and Krabi like this.
  2. I agree that it might be frustrating to get a good spawn but I don't think they should do anything about it

Landbergaren likes this.
  3. rscl

but what reasoning is behind this statement ?

4. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

People will choose their favourite spawns i.e. Prigorodki = fights focus on one area of the map. Randomised spawns enables more fights around the map because even if <insertname> keeps respawning, eventually they'll run up from one side of the map which can create new fights in different areas.

Keep randomised spawns purely for balance..even if people spawn kamenka / cherno - two good spawns, fights can spread from west-middle of map from those people running up.

KingSawyer, Karlis, TheDew and 11 others like this.
  5. SANT1

SANT1 Bang Bang Leaderboard

Agreed, good idea. I would also add vybor, altar and guglovo spawns to selection, it would result in more fights up north.

BillyKid and ClawHDD like this.
  6. Random spawns are good I think, however they could remove some of the spawns where u need to run for 5 minutes to be able to suicide :-D

7. JerryB

JerryB Riiiiiiight Leaderboard

Remove the really really inconvenient ones if possible.

8. DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan Loophole Sniper Leaderboard

this^^ I think would be the better option.
    Spawning at three valleys/krutoy cap 10 times in a row is a bit frustrating

9. troll?

10. SANT1

First crosshairs, then spawn point selection, soon there will be suggestions to make bikes and littlebirds craftable.

Furrez, Freddie, Cheeze and 4 others like this.
  11. BillyKid

BillyKid dominant rule disgrace Leaderboard

don't need!!! if somebody wants :confused: play on public serv :-D

12. rscl

Rawrry it still can be done a lot better that it is now instead wasting time, ridiculous suiciding and frustration there could be chosen "spawn areas" where each contains 3-4 (or smth like that) spawn spots which are close to eachother. So we have some sort of "baskets" of few close spawns from which we rolling. In this case we avoid everyone spawning in Prigorodki, we have option to spawn more or less in a position of map from which we want continue our road up north. Ppl will be spreading thru different spawn spots like you wrote. To this solution should be added as some ppl suggested removing totally those few useless spawns + tweaking the map content in order for each route to be more or less equally attractive - like upcoming Black Forest camp.
    Tweaking map should be done with this principle - the longer the road up north the better loot chances on the road to counter the time needed to spend. Progorodki "phenomen" doesnt appear from nothing, its just the shortest and the most loot rich path.

frozr its not valid argument sorry - with this attitude this mod will never have bigger community and will just go up and down from inactive to 1 full server for some period of time.

Sant I put some valid arguments in my statement in yours is only useless trolling without addressing any of em.

13. yourik

yourik Scavenger Leaderboard

crosshairs.. If you want it.. use it.. put some sticker on ur screen^^ or use some program BUuut this stuff will cut ur FPS much.
    No point to allow crosshairs and ''local'' spawns.
    Just small example...
    Starts some fight in Kabanino side... few guys left from each side, most of guys from each team are dead. So if u have ''local'' spawns... each member knows that his team mates will be back after some 15min (exact time) so this is in my opinion not goood and you can imagine what kind of fights will be. But on random spawns, time is not specified. Some one can respawn 5 times some one can be lucky and spawn correct place from the first time. Plus some one can decide to repair some bike and he will waste more time to find toolbox in the wrong spawn :) And.. I think... one of most important things what can we lose is...jumping from Krutoy Cap lighthouse ^^
    Oww.. one more idea. If you want ''local'' spawns - pay! Like one ''local'' spawn cost 5euro. Soo whay not.. if someone is a real gambler he will pay and paay and pay :)

HntR and BillyKid like this.
  14. BillyKid

BillyKid dominant rule disgrace Leaderboard

Buddy you not understand,it will totally kill system of play!

15. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

This wasting time etc is what helps balance the server instead of clusterfucks happening at the same place by people choosing their favourable spawn.

ClawHDD, anando and BillyKid like this.
  16. SANT1

You should remember that this mod offers 'hardcore vanilla experience', it is not gonna become another mod where you spawn wherever you want.
    As rawryy said, respawning keeps the server balanced.

ClawHDD likes this.
  17. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

Sometimes when I spawn close to Berezino I run from Berezino. Sometimes when I spawn near Komarovo I run from Komarovo. Sometimes when I spawn on Solnishy I run from Solnishy. With spawn choosing I would never run up north from these spawns even if they are nice to run when I spawn in. And now imagine that 10 players choosed to spawn in Balota in the same time because they can.. Marathon and paralympic to the tents and camo building.. No, it's not a good idea.

18. rscl

From the reality with love ;]

[​IMG]

19. This is one of the best spawns you can get

BillyKid likes this.
  20. rscl

I guess those ppl thinks otherway :> (those arent my bodies xD)