Idea to make the gap between south freshies and north geared up guys smaller.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rscl, 2016-02-07.

1. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

same goes to 74 versions

2. More groza for The ppl, rpk drum mags for groza <3

rotunde, AD_, papsh and 1 other person like this.
  3. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Sadly there is no model for that, and neither for AKM/RK95/AK47/AK103. As there is not a model for RPK-74 mag for AK-74-variants. It's a poopy engine where the actual magazine models are not seperate from weapon model once you equip it.

But then again. I guess we could add it. I gotta ask Tansien though, since it's breaking the realism. (Which we are already breaking with Beta-Cs.)

anando, Captainsill and rscl like this.
  4. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Yeah rpk drums are everywhere but the actual gun for them is rare so basically loot rpk drums is pretty useless atm.

5. RPK-47 is waaaay too rare.. used to spawn in ATC, now the only place i have seen them are in crates :p

Dont really understand why its so rare either, not like its OP..

6. rotunde

rotunde The Master Baiter Leaderboard

I prefer the current CZ spawn rate but CZ should be inferior to the M24 in my opinion. How about we leave the damage as is and give CZ more natural weapon sway to account for the m24's bipod? Then again both are mostly shot crouched/standing so the bipod wouldn't help in that case.

7. rotunde

rotunde The Master Baiter Leaderboard

"Your ability to compete at the coast is zero", "The more north-west you go, the higher your ability to compete"

Am I missing something here?

8. I noticed that the cz is .308 winchester instead of 7.62x51mm nato which it was before the patch if im not mistaken?

has this changed the damage at all or is it just a "cosmetic" update?

Also i was thinking about adding the l1a1 SLR to the barracks loot since it's the only "8k" battle rifle that cant get a scope attached to it or would that be too OP?

Of course the loot rate would be as rare as m249,coyote backpack etc

rscl and MrRaiz0r like this.
  9. 762x51mm nato is the military designation for .308 winchester, same bullet.

10. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Rotunde more or less yes, depending what is the angle of your question.

Im strongly against any kind of nerf to CZ weapon power in any mean - its currently the only valiable chain between south and north. Ofcourse m24 should be better than CZ but making this happend by nerfing CZ would be a huge mistake against proper gameplay design. Beside proposed by me changes to ammo spawn for m24 you should rather consider to buff the weapon in order to make it more appealing than CZ - not the opposite which is nerfing CZ in order to make m24 more appealing. Such thing could be achievied simply by less sway/less bullet drop for m24 rifle than it is now + ofcourse rebalancing of ammo spawn for it.

Take in mind that by nerfing Cz by 4 example proposed above sway increase - you would make it a lot less usuable for less skilled players, so again the gap between south and north bigger than now.

Last edited: 2016-02-12
    fletch and anando like this.
  11. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

It was just a cosmetic change.

anando likes this.
  12. Deranger

Deranger Give me all the ammo Leaderboard

Of course that's a consensus among the big squads cos they want to stay alive for longer and not get taken out by someone who has put effort into getting in a good position. But this would do the opposite of balancing the skill gap. The elitists want to stay the best but catering to the squads that already always have the epic loot isn't fair on the rest, IMO...

rscl likes this.