Idea to make the gap between south freshies and north geared up guys smaller.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rscl, 2016-02-07.

1. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Introduction words:

Ideal model of MMO from zero to hero is more or less like this:

[INB4 mad paint skillzzz]

[​IMG]

Currently model is presenting more like this (unfortunately):

[​IMG]

Very important role in filling the gap between south freshspawns which cannot compete anyhow with north gearedup players is a CZ which allows to conduct into a real fight with reasonable chances. It allows to go back into a real fight.

What is IMO worth considering to make the chart more into shape of ideal desired model is to change current akPSO weapons family appearance.
    Currently I see nearly noone using AK PSO weapons. Such weapon is like a notch lower in power in comparism to CZ, but can play a role of that missing chain between south and north. (Its a lot less deadly but at the same time a lot more noob friendly to use).

Why no1 using AK PSO weapons ATM ?
    Because to use it you must find yourself into a veeery rare case scenario in which

1. You are still on south. (every1 as soon as they find any STANAG weapon they just switch to it - AK weapons are weaker in many ways)
    2. Have an AK weapon.
    3. Found a toolbox (which are pretty rare and spawning in places where players usually dont check often [there are no spawns of backpacks and weapons in industry buildings])
    4. Found PSO scope - didnt found any in AGES, didnt looted from any other player in ages.

So as its easy to summarise, its a veery low chance for all those 4 conditions to accure at once xD

There are 4 different ways to change that.

1. Bring back ability to spawn AK family weapons with attachments already assigned to guns.

2. Boost PSO scope chance to spawn in south/middle areas a lot + disable the need to having the toolbox to attach them.

3. Boost chances for spawning toolboxes + add some changes for backpacks and weapons spawning in industrial builds + boost PSO scopes chance a lot.

4. Combination of 1 and 3 points.

Yes Im kinda drunk and writting this only cause all my beer is gone :-(((

Sidenote, if you dont agree with some ideas posted above then just take a note that proper balance means that every weapon in game should play its role and ATM akPSO weapons on the "battlefield" are nearly non existant kek, so for sure some moves to balance it out would be good.

Deranger, rosstapha, Quint and 3 others like this.
  2. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

cz spawn back to old rate until squad sizes go down, thanks

ClawHDD and JackZNU like this.
  3. Quint

Quint Shipwrecked Leaderboard

more PSO <3

4. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Yes, I also think that the Tier 1 modification drop chances might need tweaking. They currently only drop from military locations, which is reasonable. But there aren't many military loot spots at coast.

Finding a PSO or ACOG scope from someone's bedroom sounds a bit off though.

Are toolboxes so hard to find? The spawn rate was buffed in 1.4, and then nerfed again after a few patches. Overall the drop chance should be about 100% higher than pre 1.4.

In the last 30 days: 56 fresh spawned characters have found a CZ-550 in the first 5 minutes. I could tweak it some and see does it get out of hand or not.

5. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

I remember 1-2 years siden that I liked to play ak cobra or similar. Since devs removed respawn weapons with scopes attached I never seen this kind of weapons. Same with bizon-sd. It's spawing a lot of mags but nobody using weapon after they need to find toolbox and silencer. Now need to find special silencer.. wtf? Mp5a5 cco, who saw it in last year? How to fix these problems? SImple:

"1. Bring back ability to spawn AK family weapons with attachments already assigned to guns."

AK PSO, COBRA, BIZON SD, Mp5A5 CCO and other. To balance them make impossible to detach attachments from these weapons to don't abuse them with high tier guns.

These weapons will be usefull only on coast/early game because later any m4 stanag > mp5a5 cco or bizon sd...

fletch and rscl like this.
  6. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Yeah we gonna add some stuff soon.

7. Quint

Quint Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Id rather go with increased spawn for RU attachments than permanent it would help to take off pso for CQC. Or mby adding small chance to spawn them at industral

8. rotunde

rotunde The Master Baiter Leaderboard

Thats a monday for Rawry!

Deranger and Metzger like this.
  9. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

found 1 CZ since 1.4.2 or whenever cz thing was nerfed :-(

10. SANT1

SANT1 Bang Bang Leaderboard

no longer spawns in brown barns and white barns, loot other two.

RikuGoesHam likes this.
  11. no czs in rocket league m8 :p

JackZNU and fletch like this.
  12. mdms

Ok then.

The AK-variants and PDWs have a chance to spawn with an optic already attached to it. Also increased CZ-550 spawn chances.

These will be effective when the next client patch releases.

Deranger, aisti, rscl and 7 others like this.
  13. this is most exciting and makes the AKs more appealing. Love it...

Deranger and rscl like this.
  14. SANT1

SANT1 Bang Bang Leaderboard

Sweet, but don't really agree with CZ spawn chance increase. I still find them easily, just don't forget to loot shitty apex barn.

RikuGoesHam likes this.
  15. mdms

I will keep monitoring the CZ-550 loots for freshspawned characters. We have an actual tool for it.

16. um, ive found the cz spawn chance to be very high since the patch(s)... if you look while going up north you will find one 75% of the time. ive found 2 in one barn a few times now. I think their current spawn rate is good, lets freshies have a chance against the geared guys.

17. agreed. You just gotta loot the barns, and dont expect a cz in every single barn :p

18. I've enjoyed not having CZ warfare with freshies running up, I like it how it is right now tbh

19. mdms

OK then. I will consider some chances.

Do you think the CZ-550 is fine as it is? It currently does same damage as M24. In real life the CZ-550 comes with many different receivers, bolts and barrels. Making the variants vary from .22 LR to .308 Winchester (which is what we use currently).

Also added the ARC optics to spawn at crashed APCs.

Last edited: 2016-02-09
    Deranger, papsh and JackZNU like this.