New Camo Building

Discussion in 'General' started by Dreadd, 2016-01-26.

1. its awesome! its actually unbelievable how good it looks, great job!!! just like with cherno town hall and green mountain radio tower (among others) you managed to make it look soooo good again <3

but having a changed camo building is probably bigger just because we will be spending a lot more time in this building. I didnt even get the chance to figure out all the different ways you can enter/leave it, because i got into a fight right after arriving there for the first time, but it seems really thought through, you cant just camp it as easily anymore, which could actually make fighting in and around this building a great and fun experience - yay!

seeing this just gives me a feeling of how much this mod could still improve :>

keep it up!!!

2. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

screens?

3. ConnorG

ConnorG Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Sorry for killing you dreadd, but you're teammate got me afterwards anyway xD I agree the new camo building looks so good, So many more entrances / angles to keep an eye out for.
    Bet you didnt expect me to be above you eh? :p

Dreadd likes this.
  4. Great job, Zac!:-D
    Edit: I just found out u could climb on the roof so I climbed up and died to a camper.
    LEL

Last edited: 2016-01-27
  5. outplayed :oops:

in fact it was like you were sent by the admins to demonstrate the new possibilites of interior fighting, very insightful, thanks :-D

ConnorG likes this.
  6. ConnorG

ConnorG Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Haha, just testing the new building myself, suprised i was able to get above you to do it tbh, i always get greedy and have to go for more instead of escaping with the gear... :-D ggwp though

Dreadd likes this.
  7. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

The new camo building is 10 times better than the old one. really good job ZAc !

Dreadd, rotunde, Crowen and 1 other person like this.
  8. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

all camo buildings across the map has been changed or only some in specific spots ?

9. SANT1

SANT1 Bang Bang Leaderboard

All.

RikuGoesHam likes this.
  10. rscl

very cool building indeed!

anything more was added with 1.4.9 patch ?

Black Forest base ?

11. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Not yet, that will come in 1.5.0.

This patch was mostly bug and exploit fixes. Along with the new "Camo" building and changes in the server code.

Also the firestation lost one window to make the roof access more easier and less of an exploit.

rotunde, JackZNU, Crowen and 5 others like this.
  12. I dont like it....
    I LOOOOOVE IIIIT

weddy97 and Dreadd like this.
  13. vasek

vasek Scavenger Leaderboard

Good job......what next?)))may be air control tower??

Melkor likes this.
  14. Zac

Zac 3D Artist Leaderboard Forum Moderator

Good to see that everyone is liking the building, depending on player feedback we can always fix some things in this version too.

Krabi, Dreadd, weddy97 and 3 others like this.
  15. rscl

character is getting stucked/blocked while trying to crouch strafe with aimed in gun on the staircase going from upper floor to ground lever - while pointed in gun (right click) for some potential thread at ground level - gettings blocked/stucked by stairs railings

(why crounch strafe ? - only option to actually see anything on that lower floor, same attemp with "standing" streight results in seeing shit there)

16. Zac

I think I know what you are referring to there, the staircase I used from the ATC so I assumed the width was okay (i knew its too small to crawl around on but thats okay)

I'll test it in the editor tonight and see if I can replicate your issue.

Dreadd likes this.
  17. its sooo preeetyyyy. devs at zombies.nu > bohemia dayzteam

TheDew likes this.
  18. zac > jesus

19. Molliturpa69

Molliturpa69 Paying Customer Leaderboard

managed to visit the new camo for the first time today, and it's sick!

Great job, man.

20. Zac

I see what you mean there, i think its the railings. I didn't spend too much time on them (no proper texture) as I always thought that area was too small. I can't re-render the entire building to extend the stairs yet, its a waste of time for such a small area so I'll remove the railings on the stairs for the moment so that players can get around them more freely. When the building hits its final version I'll give the stairs a bit more room and re-add the railings.

Quint, Krabi, papsh and 7 others like this.