Hidding players bodies only if equiped with entrenching tool.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rscl, 2015-12-25.

1. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

No idea if its easy to do engine side, here is idea:

Lets change current hiding players bodies mechanic in a way that its possible only if player has entrenching tool in equipment.
    Then finally this item would has some meaning, value and use - plus what is more important it would help to boost PvP up north and cut some bad manner plays from others.

For example after some big fight, the knowledge that in smth like 90% there still will be some loot to try to pick up after the trip from the coast, would help to encourage north PvP and create more stable hot spots area for PvP.

Situations in like you fight against two players, manage to kill one and his buddy hiding his friend before the fight even ended (saw smth like that today on cagemans stream for example) are kinda low ball.

Still option to hide body will be available if entrenching loot would be equipped wich adds extra value to fully geared player - more risk/reward factor the more fun and emotions in game.

I would leave option to hide zombies tho because it helps in some scenarios to stay undetected so it should be a valiable way for players to act in order to boost their survival chances.

Timmyctc, Furrez, SANT1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Melkor

Melkor Lille

Dear God please no. The current way of hiding bodies is good and it helps keep the weapon economy balanced so there aren't a huge amount of M21s in circulation.

3. Yeah, best to give all gear to Lille so they can crate them, and perhaps destroy them. I'd rather see high-end shit instead of lee enfields to be completely honest. Way more fun in my opinion.

Timmyctc, Banj0m8, Furrez and 2 others like this.
  4. rscl

There is no such thing as economy in server where is no weapon detoration system. (not saying it should be)
    There is no difference if some ppl would crate up big ammount of weapons 1 week sooner or one week later - end effect is
    inevitable. Gladly most ppl dont bother to use crates/tents.

5. I think I've seen this post before.....

Herohes likes this.
  6. DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan Loophole Sniper Leaderboard

I'm sure if you had an M21, you should be geared enough to have an entrenching tool, as it currently stands you can run up to a body click a button and it just sinks into the ground instantaneously, I get that some features should compromise realism for gameplay (like the way zombies spawn for example) but this is one of those instances where it negates both realism and promotes bad gameplay, trolls and people in a 6+ man heavily armed squad who would rather fight winnys and lee enfields to boost their ego are clearly going to disagree here, but lets be honest, for the animation to take a little longer (to hide bodies) and include some sort of a risk, so cowards can't just shun the excitement from the area in a cheap and effortless manner, if you don't want people to get the loot either get teammates to cover you and take the risk of hiding them, or use the body as bait to clear the area! Simple-as that. :rolleyes:

Timmyctc, Furrez, Julian[RTC] and 3 others like this.
  7. Like 5-6 times amirite?
    I never saw the point of running back to your old body if you lost a fight, it takes 1 hour up north to get the exact same gear by killing others, thats the whole point aye? so what if its a dick move to hide your friends body mid-fight? i rather perm ban ppl who camp buildings on nwaf..

There is nothing more unstable than not hiding a body... That's the reason for 90% of all clusterfucks up north.

Last edited: 2015-12-26
  8. rscl

Camping buildings is also fixable in theory, simple mechanic that after player stays 4 example longer than 5 minutes in building, around the building start spawning zombies with auto aggro on person inside

his position is given out, he cannot log out cause of combat timer, so only option for him is eventually to leave the building

9. Vycka

Vycka Scavenger Leaderboard

stfu wtf camping is the main key of this game. idea about the hiding is good

10. [​IMG]
    o_O

fletch, Cheeze and Natural like this.
  11. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

What in the actual fuck is being said in this thread?

lazy likes this.
  12. Pretty simple.

Hidding players bodies only if equiped with entrenching tool.

Furrez and DaCrazyCageMan like this.
  13. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

[​IMG]

lazy likes this.
  14. I know, it's hard being ignorant.

DaCrazyCageMan likes this.
  15. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I think we could implement on a small animation so you could not hide bodies "on the run". It should be not so "easy" to hide corpses, since "corpserunning" and looting an aftermath of a huge fight is an exciting adventure :)

The animation should be ineterruptable by just moving, since forced animations can become very death sentency.

16. DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan Loophole Sniper Leaderboard

Exactly this is all I'm asking for. Its really not much of a big deal. I'm glad you see where were coming from :)