IMPORTANT! New in 1.3.15 + 1.3.16

Discussion in 'General' started by Tansien, 2015-12-03.

1. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

linkinpunk, osten, temeeh and 17 others like this.
  2. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

One server in podagorsk , second server winter chernarus :) (both first person)

Krabi, M|J and Barney like this.
  3. Harbinger

Harbinger Your Master Leaderboard

Cons of winter Cherno:
    1) no winter camos
    2) dayzero has no sicknesses, heatpacks, antibiotics in order for the cold weather to be there for a reason
    3) i doubt santa will come and hand everyone a lapua

4. Why would santa give us presents when all we do is kill each others? :/

5. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

reason no.1: It's cool.
    reason no.2: 'Nuff said.

6. Winter chernarus would be 10/10
    Wouldnt even give a shit about bugs

We all played the initial releases, didnt we? We're far from spoiled, us DayZ players. Heh

Melkor likes this.
  7. "Shit, taking fire from Double Snowman!"
    Or
    "Players prone at the North Pole"

#dreams

fletch, M|J and Melkor like this.
  8. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

Podagorsk is last think we need now.. You should keep players on 1 server instead of split them.

Last edited: 2015-12-05
  9. Just make up a vote? winter cher Vs. Poda?

10. I don't think it would be good with Podagorsk, probably just split up the population :-(

11. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

12. Totte

Totte Stalker Leaderboard

The fact is that the servers are pretty much dead, the last thing you should do is go and develop Podagorsk. The map just isn't that much fun and I believe the majority will agree that they would rather see winter Cherna or new features (bug fixing should also be number one priority of course)

13. papsh

There was a big thread about this and the majority of the community was positive towards podagorsk, like 95% of the community and i remember only 3-4 negative comments.

14. People always want stuff they don't have but won't use it.

15. Totte

Totte Stalker Leaderboard

A new vote would be great then.

16. Anyone remember how awesome it was to play dayzero on both poda and chernarus server after podagorsk was released? I do and it was the best times ever! You had so many different types of players on different levels of skill that made it so fun. Allthough podagorsk was not a perfect map when it comes to things like loot spots, airfield chokepoint and the emptyness at the top of the map, i'm pretty sure most of these issues can be solved. A re-release of podagorsk with perhaps some new content like weapons and maybe a litle trailer would certainly bring new players to the mod.
    Now would winter chernarus do the same? I doubt it. Yeah we might see some returning veteran players and a few new ones, but we would have the same playstyle with the same squads camping and patroling the same spots they did 1-2 years ago. I would definitely try out winter chernarus, but i predict i would get bored of it alot quicker than exploring and playing on podagorsk again.

So there is my reasons why i support content and return of podagorsk over winter chernarus.

Julian[RTC], DaCrazyCageMan and papsh like this.
  17. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

But how long can the Poda hype last, and how many players would it bring? Can we really expect it to attract a full server for more than a week/few days?
    And if it doesn't, will we end up with 2 servers with 30/65 players, making the experience for the individual players exactly what it already is?
    And as we all know, throughout the life of DayZ the only map that has been consistently populated is Chernarus, others have come and been hyped up, but none has managed to stay popular for very long.
    So the hype with Podagorsk would *probably* die down, and what happens then? Do the players that joined / came back to DayZero start leaving again, yet again leaving us with an empty server and a 30/65 Chernarus?
    Is two 30/65 servers really a better building block than a full Chernarus server, which is inevitably going to be the main server just a few weeks after Poda re-release anyway.

Poda has potential for sure and it'd give some decent marketing, but I, and many others, are worried that a Poda re-release would be short-lived, and the focus needed to fix Poda would be better used to make sure our only Chernarus-server is going strong instead of having two half-full servers.
    Might be wrong but I just don't see Poda attracting enough players to even fill it's own server for more than a few days, and especially not a Chernarus server as well.

SANTERI likes this.
  18. Harbinger

Harbinger Your Master Leaderboard

we need to have at least 1 server filled, adding poda will only leave both servers low pop, it's too early for poda

19. papsh

What if poda comes out with advertisements and a new trailer ? I think there is still players out there in dayz mod who need something fresh. If poda or winter chernarus comes out with a trailer , new patch , some fixes at the north side of the map , wipes etc it will do the job for sure. Back in the days 9 servers were full all the time and atm we have 2 so i dont think its so difficult to fill up 2 servers.
    Podagorsk should return we dont have anything to loose but it needs to be done correctly so people can join it without problems.

20. DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan Loophole Sniper Leaderboard

We need to ask ourselves, how many people would actually stay on Chernarus when PodaGorsk gets released, as another map will be something fresh again and where all the hype will be, I'm sure people will follow whatever server contains the most action, to my understanding the 3rd person servers were eventually vacated because SE2 had more players & more action, people want to be where most of the population are, I personally agree with Osten on this, in that winter Chernarus will certainly be exciting, but not as much as Podagorsk as it's not really much of a different environment it's just winter, I believe Podagorsk, with the right advertisement will most likely get everyone's attention and bring new players to the table.

papsh likes this.