Headphones

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Synlias, 2015-08-09.

1. heya

currently own Steelseries Siberia V2's but I feel like they underperform soundwise. anyone any suggestions ? as in am I doing something wrong or should I get new headset?

gl hf

2. Got a logitech g35, its pretty good

3. Siberia is the definition of shit.
    G35 is a good gaming headset. Sits well, sound is good, isolation is good, and the mic is actually good

4. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

got a pair of corsair 2100, love em

5. Kippari

Kippari Mr. Chickenhand Leaderboard

I am using razer kraken chroma 7.1 and these work really nicely. They are quite expensive tho

6. temeeh

temeeh Survivor Leaderboard

beyerdynamic dt 770 pro + shit mic :3

7. Bimborus

Bimborus Shipwrecked Leaderboard

got those recently,too. Absolutely worth the upgrade, however thrice the price of your current ones. What are you willing to spent?

8. Flame81

Flame81 DayZero Stream-king/babydad Leaderboard Staff Member Gamemaster Forum Moderator

Sennheiser!

DaCrazyCageMan likes this.
  9. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

Logitech G430

10. Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

11. Nahkiss

Nahkiss Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

If you want good headphones, I'd suggest sticking to something that's from a company with long history in headphones and audio in general. AKG, Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic are good choices for example. Quality equals higher price, so if you want good headphones be prepared to spend more than 50 euros.

And finally, no matter how "good" headphones you buy, if you're using your integrated soundcard you can't expect the quality to be any better. Invest in a good soundcard, even the low-end xonar dgx make a huge difference. Even better if you get external usb-dac like NuForce uDAC-3.

DaCrazyCageMan likes this.
  12. Kippari

Kippari Mr. Chickenhand Leaderboard

Some usb headphones have integrated soundcard. So there is a chance you dont need to buy external card

13. hmm k thx for all the replies guys, I used to have a pair of sennheisers and those were pretty damn awesome. Im willing to spent quite some money on them like 300 euros something I think.

14. Bimborus

Bimborus Shipwrecked Leaderboard

15. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

16. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I use Sennheiser HD-650s with Lehmann Audio Rhinelander headphone amplifier and Project DAC BOX S. Absolutely wonderful for listening to music, but I guess you could get away with a lot cheaper options for just gaming.

I would suggest going to a hifi shop and try out different headphones and pic the one that suite you the best. If you use headphones for hours in a row you need to get a pair that sits without any discomfort. That's why use Sennheisers, they are like silky baby butt on my ears and head. I can use mine for hours. Remember to bring your own music if you do not like rock or classical (thats what they usually have for demo listening).

And if you do not buy headset, you have to buy external microphone too. So that's extra 40-200EUR depending what sort of mic and accessories you want. I heartly recommend Blue Yeti if you have space for it, its huge. I had to buy table stand and shockmount for it.

Do not buy 300EUR headphones without a headphone amplifier (and DAC).

DaCrazyCageMan and Rawryy like this.
  17. Od3n

Od3n Never Surrender. Leaderboard

Just got the logitech g35s, best mic ive ever had, beats the sennheiser g4me zeros in my opinion. Can't believe i got them so cheap 90£