IMPORTANT! Loot table suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by mdms, 2015-08-08.

1. M21 is really bad on moving targets, bullet travel is just stupid. Would love to see the M14 DMR back again, cuz you could actually shoot at people running on 600m, pretty accurate. @mdms please consider this.

M|J likes this.
  2. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

Lower lapua spawnrate
    Slightly increase BRC Acog spawnrate
    CZ needs to only spawn in castles and deerstands, too many spawns for such a good gun that is probably the best bolt action sniper in the game... something along those lines.

3. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

Yes. I know it's rare because they are OP, they really are, but I don't even want to know how many of them are in crates atm, being stashed to be used at "the right time".

4. temeeh

temeeh Survivor Leaderboard

Most important thing. Don't FUCK UP patch release. Its 110% best time/chance promote this mod!!!! Most important thing is get more active ppl!

break71 zero stream "hype" is just +10 pl 1week and then its over.. Patch+promotion=10-100 new active player? dream on:rolleyes::cool:

5. MP5SD and RPK-47 should be more common imo. Feels my input sits well in with the dmr&lmg suggestions :-D.

anando, Banj0m8 and fletch like this.
  6. Needs to be more BRC acogs, they are just too rare nowadays, people dont even dare to use them.
    Would be cool to see some g3acogs and that around the map again, like the good old golden days

7. Harbinger

Harbinger Your Master Leaderboard

mdms, i gave tansien a txt file before where i've set changes to the loottable which would make it more balanced, interesting and etc. I definitely don't have it anymore, you can ask if he does... if not, i could try and pick up the pieces that are left in my head and make a new one

8. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Umm? M21 herits M14's stats. There is nothing different than the skin of the weapon. It could be a bug in ARMA II though, I will test.

9. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

something with the m21 is weird atleast, past 600 meters. and would be cool if we could get the m14 dmr skin somehow, as a rarity :-D

10. mdms

Seems pretty same for me. Both weapons' bullet take 109 frames @ 60 fps to travel to 800 metres.

Last edited: 2015-08-09
  11. Doesnt seem like that ingame, when you shoot at people running.

12. truth, amen

M|J likes this.
  13. Predatory Clown

Predatory Clown Level 3 Wizard Leaderboard

Add in new Stanag weapons. Having the same old combos that everyone uses is boring. Add in the MK17 as a helicopter weapon of the same calibre as the DMR, have them share % spawn chance.

SANT1 and M|J like this.
  14. I agree, there are loads of weapons downloadable on the armaholic website.
    For Example the L119A1 Pack would be cool to see: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15429
    There are loads of cool stuff on this page actually, if you would take a look @mdms

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_addons_weapons&s=title&w=asc&d=0

EDIT: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8379 - This has been suggested before I think, like .. way back. And it would be cool to see a new SMG.

15. Not sure what's changed lately, but this is written based on my last experience playing allmost a year ago.
    Rather than nerfing or lowering droprate on the cz i would look at fixing the wierd m24/m40. New, solo and small grouped players should have atleast a small fighting chance againts the bigger squads wich most likely will always be pretty good geared with helicrash loot. Remove cz from most/all barns, but increase its droprate in deerstands that way you actually have to stop and climb up to check rather than just running through a barn on your way up north.

Lower droprate on m249 in barracks.

Increase/add attachment droprate on cars and apcs and add brc attachments, but with a loooow droprate.

oh yeah and bring back the m14 dmr allready...

AD_, Natural, fletch and 1 other person like this.
  16. mdms

Mk17 uses long caliber 7.62mm and has full auto, that is never going to be added into DayZero. And it does not fit the theme. (These are not my words). Sadly we already have the G3A3 which is the same caliber with full auto, that was partially a mistake/speciality that it was added.

We already have MP7 and many other weapons in DayZero, but adding new weapons is not easy nor fast. They all need to be balanced, added modification support and added to loot tables along with magazines/clips.

Please keep this discussion about existing weapons. Thanks.

fletch likes this.
  17. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

[​IMG]
    Not really hard to find a CZ even if it's not in the barns...

Natural likes this.
  18. temeeh

temeeh Survivor Leaderboard

Sa-58 rare Russian hc loot? Ironsight/Cco/agoc attachment :3 that lovely beast from vanilla. More reason to use akm guns, no only l85... and more attachments to ak guns. :)

Last edited: 2015-08-09
  19. In this case a ''good weapon'' is anything 'above' a winnny/dbl barrel etc. ( I might add they are pretty much useless seeing as nobody uses them, same with crossbow - either make them worth using or get rid)

There are too many spawn locations for these good weapons. AK's M16s.
    So image you spawn 'near' Cherno or berezino. It's pretty much guaranteed that you'll get one.
    Then further infield is Stary, NE, and Green Mountain where you are again nailed on to find one. I feel Zel is the most balanced of the towns.
    Ultimately there has become this plague I like to call it of people spawning and legging it north because who needs to spend 40 mins in cherno when by that time you can reach NWAF and get a lot better things. Fewer and fewer people are 'gearing up' because they can find what they need further up north, either off a dead body in the usual spots or by hitting a place like stary.

I'd like to see some changes to accomodate more movement around the map, instead of fighting in the usual places.
    The way to do this is obviously balancing the 2 airfields. I'm not saying they need to be the same - but for example (to prove my above point) The NWAF has 10 barracks! The NE has 1 plane. Now adding 9 more barracks at NE is ludicrous. So why not change things up a bit.

The easiest solution is simply to make the stuff that spawns at military locations a lot rarer, coupled with reducing the number of spawn points in them. However this will bring about so many tears.

I refer back to the OP who said they wish to keep DayZero 'hardcore survival' - At the minute it is he who has the biggest squad wins.

20. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

Adding the ability to put BRC scopes on the L1A1 would be really cool, if possible. It'd obviously be pretty much the same as a G3 so lowering the spawn of both guns a little bit would make sure that we don't have a ton of G3ish guns running about.
    Wouldn't change much gameplay-wise but it'd be something fresh.

Rasmus likes this.