Tansien and I...

Discussion in 'General' started by Peep, 2015-06-20.

1. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

He is going to "do" his "own" "separate things"...

Sounds dirty if you ask me.

2. So all this talk about big plans, building "a new community for the DayZ Beta, Rust, ARK and DayZero" is just another case of "much blabla"?

Last edited: 2015-09-30
  3. Tobias Solem

Plans are one thing, the time, energy and resources required to implemented are another. The way it works when you do something like this for free is that people don't sign contracts or make obligations, they do it while they have time, energy and resources to spare, and if things come up that make them no longer have these, then no plans in the world are going to become real.

Welcome to how it is in the world of free stuff.

4. JG14_Cuzn

JG14_Cuzn Shipwrecked Leaderboard

I just appreciate there being a Dayzero server going. Thank You!

5. get back to work Cuz!

6. Wrong.

You make it sound like everything's coming down to the dollars.

You're right with time and energy, but right here in this case, the only resources missing are motivation and interest.

jonasmark likes this.
  7. You simply dont make an announcement like this before anything is "sure" ("time, energy and resources to spare") or well planned - thats at least my point of view.
    And if things change, you do another appropriate announcement about this.

At the end all this is about the community that you want to participate in the forums and play on your servers - but with actions like this you rather bring people to leave and never come back to check if anything has changed.

8. well?

Juggernaut and weddy97 like this.
  9. True - id like to get some answers on everything. :)

10. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

So much crap in this thread. OK, ill give some answers even if im not a dev or the owner of the mod who can make big changes to happen here.
    The active admins here dont have the power to create events , code stuff and shit. We have powers to catch hackers , revive people etc etc (and still its something). The main powers goes only to Tansien and as you all noticed he is afk most of the time but still he is supporting the mod by keeping the servers online , fix them when there is an issue and fix some bugs with server side patches who most of the people never noticed.
    I know that people want a big patch and Tansien and others promised that, but you cannot control their life's and force them to do things as a gift for you people. ( I know that you think Tansien lied to you but its not a lie if you think that he has a real life to run)
    Tansien already gave us a gift. He gave us Dayzero and Dayzero is the most stable and good mod out there and veterans knows that very well.
    Its obvious that santa claus promised a patch to you guys but you cannot throw shit to him every time because you didn't get your new gift. Enjoy the present gift and appreciate it like most of the veterans do. If someone gave you already a gift and you dont appreciate it what do you think this guy will think afterwards ? (Me personally i would think ''fuck them'') So learn to behave.
    Shit like ''im not gonna play this unless there is a new patch'' its totally childish, selfish, butt hurt and ridiculous.
    If Tansien has time and he is motivated enough to change more things to Dayzero he will do it but until this time comes calm down. He knows what people want (cause we speak to him often) and what the problems are and he will fix them when he has time. End of story.

Until then stop being so butt hurt and join the server with your team so we can kill each other and enjoy this mod. You never know when Tansien decides to close the servers so keep playing while it lasts.

DaCrazyCageMan, aisti, Furrez and 4 others like this.
  11. ^^ What he said. far too much drama lama . Just play the fucking game. The splash screen should read "Tissues not included".

DaCrazyCageMan and JG14_Cuzn like this.
  12. Tobias Solem

Meh.

The amount of great ideas that are shot down every second for different reasons are way over 9000.
    This isn't too dissimilar to kickstarter without the money folks, if someone says "I have an amazing idea" it may well just lead to fizzleMcShizzlepants.

13. G Thang

G Thang http://www.youtube.com/c/GThang87 Leaderboard

maybe you guys should be able to create a new database(save the old) for that kind of group event.

14. Nahkiss

Nahkiss Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Things is, such feature would require somebody to implement this feature to our control panel (which is in-house custom made). It's not also exactly a feature that could be done in a week, because you have to be 110% sure nothing happens to the old database and nothing fucks up on the database. I don't know about illformed, but I'm pretty sure he's very busy as he's not here that much but I know that after 8 hours coding at work I don't really have that much interest to start such projects and spend my 3 hours of daily free time to that.

15. G Thang

G Thang http://www.youtube.com/c/GThang87 Leaderboard

im not really into this.
    but i think:
    if you just copy paste the old database files to a new folder, and just do a wipe, should be new yes?
    after the event copy paste it back.

im not talking about a complete new db. just the rights for some of you guys, that u can access that folder.

16. Predatory Clown

Predatory Clown Level 3 Wizard Leaderboard

Depends what the database is stored on, and depends on the space required. But hardware allowing its a very easy matter to backup and restore a database. Backup database, wipe database, play event, restore database. What format is an Arma2 database stored?

SANT1 likes this.
  17. Back on my servers it was just import/export of SQL Tables,
    dno about this shit though

18. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

how is going with project? Any ETA?

19. Harbinger

Harbinger Your Master Leaderboard

its been stated a while ago that there will be no further development on A2, the only thing that is awaited is DayZ SA modding tool release

20. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Where is that statement ?

Yesterday was info in some twich chat from some staff member that new patch is almost done for implementing and its rather matter of days so I hardly believe what u wrote above.