Tansien and I...

Discussion in 'General' started by Peep, 2015-06-20.

1. Peep

Peep Hero

What's a good domain name for a .rip TLD?

2. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

We need help HERE and since long time.

3. Peep

Peep Hero

That help requires more than a bandaid. It needs to be redone with a new, dedicated team.

Dreadd likes this.
  4. temeeh

temeeh Survivor Leaderboard

SA got nice potential, but it need time.. :) atm it suck so hard...:-D:-D

5. Frags'

Frags' The Legend Leaderboard

nice fps on SA

MadMax and MBmitch like this.
  6. Predatory Clown

Predatory Clown Level 3 Wizard Leaderboard

Not sure what to make of this. The idea of DayZero continuing to get modding support is a big plus. But the DayZ engine is pretty horrible and laggy. Mehhhhh, will have to wait and see.

SANT1, [Hoarders]Mongo and Kennyy like this.
  7. Frags'

Frags' The Legend Leaderboard

I will tell u a story
    dayz mod was pretty horible and laggy, then tansien cut the grass, and it became good.

8. Predatory Clown

Predatory Clown Level 3 Wizard Leaderboard

Thanks that one creepy Uncle Frags. Just dont come to Christmas again...

SANT1 and Frags' like this.
  9. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

I like it, nice to see that there still might be some interest on the developing side of things. While the big plan is to work on a mod for SA, once it's out and done will there still be a server out for A2 DayZero?

Merging the community into a new name/brand and bring more games to it such as Rust and ARK, I can only see good come from it. More people will circle the "new" forums, and they might notice DayZero and join in. More people is never bad IMO. And losing DayZero players to either Rust or ARK? I wouldn't worry too much about that, cuz there really isn't much like DayZero and that's why eventually no matter how long the break I've taken from the mod I end up here again.

And for me to move to SA mod instead of DayZero, the mod must insanely good and mostly focus on what's good for the game's PvP aspect and less of the survival, much like it is in DayZero atm. And that means also get rid of all the clunky movements(they are sooooooo many of those clunky movements, makes it insanely boring).

Looking forward to see what you guys can bring us!

10. I'm quite positive about this actually, considering what they've done with the A2 code and what they've accomplished working on a game engine that is pretty much trash to begin with.

If they manage to create a mod, and a community for SA that will give me 1/10th of the thrill I've had here for the past two years, I will without doubt be incredibly pleased.

But please, for the love of god, try to update us about progress every once in a while, and try to not leave us with empty promises. Most of us have stuck to this mod for ages now, and we know what's needed and what's wanted - what will work and what won't work. Try to include us in the progress of this, both communities, and this can be great. You have more people than your development team to reach out to, as this community and mod has a very special place in our hearts. (sounded gay but you all know what I'm talking about)

But sounds good guys, applause

Last edited: 2015-06-21
  11. shadybh

shadybh i love you Leaderboard

does that include people that have actually played dayzero? lately? in it's current state?

i think it's absolutely necessary to have someone or multiple people that actually have experience playing dayzero to further improve it, if not, we'll have things like: "lets make it rain twice as hard and add lots of fog so you can't see 5m in front of you" - something like that makes a server pop die insta. it's just an example but that's something that's not needed.

can we please have some transparent prioritization of improvements/bugs/features?

yours truly,
    bh

Kennyy and JackZNU like this.
  12. Do it propper or go home and keep your empty promises to yourself.

MadMax, shadybh, Kennyy and 2 others like this.
  13. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Just keep in mind Peep that most of the community here are hardcore Dayzero players who are committed to Dayzero and the only thing they want is to keep the last active Dayzero server alive, together with a new patch in the future.. If a new patch will be released (even a small one) you won the community and more will come to Dayzero, simple as that. If you want the Dayzero community to move to SA it will be a big fail unless you delete all the ridiculous survival things SA has and create a DayZero pure PVP SA for them.

14. +1

shadybh likes this.
  15. I like the idea of modding DayZ SA, but since Bohemia seems to only have 1 part-time down-syndrome programmer work on the game, it wont be for another 8 months before the game hits the Beta stage.

I hope they prove me wrong!

DaCrazyCageMan, Kennyy and Farrelley like this.
  16. Still waiting for an update to Dayzero, and the return of Podagorsk. It seems like the administration don't give a damn about whats happening now, but rather something that will happen in a year at the very least.

Kennyy likes this.
  17. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

Like others have said, this might turn out to be a great idea but at this point I'll believe it when I see it.
    The thing I'm the most worried about though is the huge risk you're taking in announcing this now. SA will probably not be modable for atleast a few months and once it is Tansien will need several more months to make something a DayZero-player would even consider worth playing.
    So basically you're announcing that there won't be anything new for the current playerbase for atleast a year from now, when DayZero SA is finished, maybe more.
    I doubt that'll have positive effect on a community that's been starving for any sort of content, for what now, a year and a halfish?

Or will you still be working on A2 DayZero? Will there be some form of maintenance? Will the weather that's been plaguing the servers with the thick fog and double-layer rain ever be removed?

Or is this basically the announcement that no more will be done with A2 DayZero, and we're just supposed to stick around for a while with the promise that in 1-2 years we'll have something new? I'm afraid you'll most likely have lost us by then.

So as bh said, @Tansien @Peep , some transparency would be nice, don't just tell us something new will arrive in 1-2 years and then disappear again.

Dreadd, SANT1 and Rawryy like this.
  18. You cannon be serious...

JackZNU likes this.
  19. JB2k

JB2k actually JB4K, whatever. Leaderboard

Exciting news. I agree that some aspects of survival need to be toned down in Standalone, but please don't make it easy like in DayZero. Movement, desync, and combat should be the priority.

20. Maya

Maya Scavenger Leaderboard

Best news all year thus far, there's nothing game related that I look forward to more, than I look forward to this. Best of luck, make sure to keep us updated please!

M|J likes this.