Tansien and I...

Discussion in 'General' started by Peep, 2015-06-20.

1. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

i didnt bought SA either so im just waiting if anything good will come out of this..

2. It sounds good but the state of SA atm is going to need alot of work to make it something enjoyable to play

3. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

They talked about it at E3 actually, and confirmed BOTH modding support *AND* that server binaries would be released!

Dreadd, M|J, weddy97 and 3 others like this.
  4. Tansien

Well, I guess we can brainstorm about what needs to be done to "fix" DayZ Standalone. I'd tone down the survival aspects of it a bit to start off.

Dreadd, [Hoarders]Mongo, M|J and 8 others like this.
  5. Yeah would be a good place too start, would be interesting to see how in depth you can actually go when it comes to editting whats already there and if its possible to edit the movement at all because for me thats a big problem with the game but that might just be personal preference

JackZNU likes this.
  6. Frags'

Frags' The Legend Leaderboard

don't take to many of them please.

what I mean is obv dont steal all of our great admins from here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dreadd likes this.
  7. Remove the fucking items getting broken when you shoot someone. Makes the pvp so dum when you kill someone and his gear is all messed up.

SANT1, Twill, M|J and 3 others like this.
  8. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

- Gun movement
    - Gun weight
    - Gun ballistics
    - Sway
    - Hold breath option
    - Actual good guns
    - Player movement
    - Player movement speed
    - Player models over 300m look like the size of a dot i.e. cant spot someone 400-1000m away like in A2

@Tansien I hope you can fix stuff like that in SA :p

[Hoarders]Mongo, Krabi, M|J and 6 others like this.
  9. Tansien

Well, to be fair BMRF.ME and ZOMBIES.NU are rather #YOLO names. Combined we also have like 150,000 users with about 7000-8000 bans.

It's much easier to just setup something new and do some stuff properly from the start.

Dreadd, M|J, BobSaget and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tansien

Yeah we know, that's why we're gonna do two kinds of servers, public and private (supporters only).
    We will grandfather all donators, plus since we'll have modding and server access we can have proper monitoring of the servers.

M|J and JackZNU like this.
  11. Tansien

A lot of this (Atleast gun related) is probably just tweaking the config files just like in A2.

12. I think that's because they want to "simulate" high grass etc that would be in the way but not rendering because of obj distance.

13. wesker

wesker Capri Sun Leaderboard

DayZ SA is a mess and im not convinced that anyone can make it playable. I would rather see small updates for DayZero to be honest. When DayZ mod came out it wasnt perfect but i enjoyed it from the start compared to DayZ SA, which feels like its regressive in terms of Developement. The whole engine they use seems to be fucked. Wouldnt Arma 3 make more sense in terms of modding?

Dreadd, Krabi, banano_zieve and 2 others like this.
  14. Kippari

Kippari Mr. Chickenhand Leaderboard

Sounds cool. Hopefully you guys can fix the flaws in standalone and i'm sure you get alot of players into your servers.

15. Do we get more players to Rust, ARK and SA servers or Dayzero aswell? That is what i am thinking.

16. Doesnt sound like the DayZero Mod would get an update anywhere in the near future.

More like wait for DayZ SA Modtools - that will come in like 1 or 2 years (doesnt matter what they say - they talk and talk and talk all day) if they keep the current state of development - and try to recreate DayZero there.
    But to be honest - ill always prefer the A2 DayZero mod over an crappy A3 or DayZ Standalone.

The mod has at least one server that peaks with 50+ players daily.
    Dont think splitting the community into SA-Zero, Rust,ARK and DayZero will help regarding player numbers..

banano_zieve and Kojot like this.
  17. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

Come on Tansien.. Do somethink with one project - DayZero instead of start with 4 others... We need some fresh air on Cherno and when this will be done think about new games or You will lose old community.

Kojot likes this.
  18. The "community" that remains consist of a few small squads and it's been leaking members for a long time. Something needs to be done. While SA have flaws it's not de facto bad. Imagine what could be done with some modding! Some people seem to have jumped on the Dayz SA circlejerk hate train and stick to it no matter what. There's loads of potential, much more so than for the 2010 mod.

Dreadd and Cpt.Fishsticks like this.
  19. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

The question is why they leaking? Answer yourself...

MadMax likes this.
  20. Peep

Peep Hero

The Rust and ARK shit will be managed by me, not him. He's not alone. The team size is about 15.