Tansien and I...

Discussion in 'General' started by Peep, 2015-06-20.

1. Peep

Peep Hero

Are getting married.

No, but we're creating a new community for the DayZ Beta, Rust, ARK and DayZero and we have plans to mod DayZ Beta and host servers under a brand new community that him and I are founding. I created a very quick splash page for bmrf.me, but remember that our domain name will change to something completely brand new, just like the community. You may even see some other ZNU admins (nahkiss) join us!

Teaser: http://bmrf.me

Twitter announcement: https://twitter.com/bmrfservers

Thoughts, discussion, comments? Share it all here!

Last edited: 2015-06-20
    racoonman, Tiera, Krabi and 6 others like this.
  2. weddy97

weddy97 Häftmassa Leaderboard

DayZ Standalone with good fps and fixed pvp? yes pls

JackZNU likes this.
  3. May I ask why you feel the need to make a new community? wouldn't it be better with an already known name?

VeteranGamer and shadybh like this.
  4. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

Will his back be magically fixed

Kappa

5. Derpgar

Derpgar Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Would rather see you work on fixing DayZero, than create a new mod of such a shit game

Karlis, Zoki, VeteranGamer and 2 others like this.
  6. Peep

Peep Hero

I have my community (granted I don't keep my site up when it's inactive, but the following it has is still ready and waiting), he has his. A merge under a new name is something we wanted to do ages ago and simply redirect everyone to that.

We're losing the brand name, sure, but we still have mailing lists and can redirect our old domains. None of these details are set in stone yet.
    These aren't his own words, but I doubt he's super motivated over Arma 2 scripting anymore in 2015. I know I wouldn't be.

DayZ was a shit game until DayZero was created. Same idea here. DayZero isn't dead in the water either, Tansien may get some motivation back with a new community and game to play with for modding, and I can pick up the project myself.

Dreadd likes this.
  7. Peep

Peep Hero

Yes how dare we insult you by revealing plans to mod the Standalone and revive DayZero under a new name with both myself and Tansien working together with a small team of talented people.

How dare something actually happen.

Dreadd, Krabi, M|J and 2 others like this.
  8. Sounds amazing. Will play on the SA servers for sure.

9. DayZ SA only has a few major problems which modding can fix, the main annoyances in the game are stupid features by the devs, this will definitely be successful, exciting, will play for sure!

10. shadybh

shadybh i love you Leaderboard

combining communities that share different interests? how is that a good idea? also, plans to make improvements/changes to 4 games when we can't even get changes for 1... i'm skeptical and will believe it when i see it, please prove me wrong though.

VeteranGamer, Dreadd and Natural like this.
  11. Peep

Peep Hero

I didn't say it wasn't ambitious. Go big or go home. I'll be working on this full time (I quit my job) for a couple of months when SA modding is ready.

12. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

I am curious to see how DayZ would be once Tansien and co. get there hands on it. Unfortunately I wish there was more done or small patches/implementation of the little things we have been requesting for the past year,

Dreadd likes this.
  13. Peep

Peep Hero

I understand that the community is disgruntled about those things. I obviously can't immediately deliver anything, but I want to let you guys know that it's happening and I'm committed to it.

Dreadd and M|J like this.
  14. Dont know how i should feel about this - why would you kill the Zombies.nu communtiy and create a new brand that no one knows.

It will take months, maybe even another year until the DayZ Standalone gets really moddable and the game is just crap in its current state - why make another server for it and support it?

The Communities of ARK and Rust are already built, maybe you have a chance to built something around the ARK hype, but the people already settled in all the Rust communities around.

Dont get me wrong, DayZero is one of the best DayZ Mods out there - but the DayZ Mod never was shit.
    It was the beginning of a whole new genre and type of games - and DayZero just was / is a more refined version of it.

A small patch and some advertisement would be enough to get enough people back to DayZero to even fill 3-4 servers in my opinion.

15. Peep

Peep Hero

It will take me months to get this new site and community ready anyway, hopefully just-in-time for the SA mods. If it doesn't happen, I can put it down on the priority list and make sure DayZero gets taken care of here at ZNU before anything new goes online.

Tansien and I wanted to do a merge many, many months ago. We work well together, and it helps with administration. As for the communities of Rust and ARK already being built, the one at the top of the server browser in the modded section is hosted by me. ARK would be new, though.

We'll see what comes of it.

16. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Sounds fresh , i like it. I havent see Peep said anything about killing DayZero guys. Instead he spoke about the revival of it and bring something new also and create a big community. Maybe its hard to do that but he said that he will be committed to the plan. Lets wait and see...

Dreadd likes this.
  17. Kojot

Kojot Scavenger Leaderboard

Congratulations, people after reading this thread will assume that theres no point to still play dayzero and population of SE2 will drop to shit again

kamaz likes this.
  18. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I hope this announcement is not too soon and Dayz gets it's modding support soon, which I heavily doubt :-(

As for Rust and Ark, I do not really care at the moment. Both have horrendous gun mechanics and physics and Rust is missing the whole endgame content.

Dreadd likes this.
  19. Gooby.

Gooby. Survivor Leaderboard

Sounds promising!!!

20. rotunde

rotunde The Master Baiter Leaderboard

Will we lose our donator status?
    About the rest: I'll believe it when I see it. I thankfully didn't waste money on this piece of shit that is standalone, YET.