Suggestions for future patches

Discussion in 'General' started by Ignak, 2015-02-06.

1. @Tansien, not sure if you have forgotten this.
    Any chance, to get it disabled?

Dreadd, Brooksie, SANT1 and 2 others like this.
  2. rscl

rscl Wastelander Leaderboard

Why u what to disable it ? For what reason? How its bothering anyone? Whats the harm for keeping that option? For me its cool I can just quick check INGAME who I just killed during the looting. In some cases its valid info - or just some satisfaction from taking revenge on smth. Dont forget also that not only veterans are playing this game, how total newcomer is supposed to know about using steam friend thing ?
    Dont see any reason to disable it. It would make game for me more shallow and less rewarding.

"Its a game breaking option in dayzero..."

Say what ? In what sense.

3. In that sense if one of our team kills someone in your team, your team can see that instantly and immediately check the playerlist to see how many more of us you can expect.

And if you know which squad you're fighting the first minute, you can adapt your plays accordingly without studying anyone (like we had to do before)

I personally prefer not knowing who I'm fighting that way,, but I don't really bother that much either.

4. rscl

So long story short its favorable for big squads to disable it, so they can enforce their advantage of numbers pushed even further with the element of surprise ?

also would be really sad cause for example killing some good player gives understandable satisfaction so disabling it as mentioned above would make it more shallow (for me at least)

Last edited: 2016-01-11
  5. If everyone just start using fakenicks everything would be 10 times better, pls consider it.

You cant btw, basically nothing you say makes sense, you are probably not talking about the same thing as the rest of us.

6. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

Are you talking about studies? Through the server info you have absolutely no way of checking who you killed, simply that you killed someone period. You get a -1 on the server list for every kill. No way of knowing who you killed.
    Metzger is just trying to make the point that if you couldn't use server list you'd have to run over to the guy who fell down behind the low wall after you shot him, not just checking a list to confirm it.

7. rscl

Maybe I confused smth because I understood Metzger was opting for disabling the ability of studying the body.

lazy likes this.
  8. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

This game info option shouldn't be like that in Dayzero. It will get removed if Tansien can do it. If you want to know that you killed somebody for sure, you need to rush the body 500 metres away and find him dead behind the low wall for example and not just check the game info in steam and confirm kills in one second..

Karlis, Krabi, Pedor and 2 others like this.
  9. On every other dayz mod it shows zombie kills as -1, not player kills. So I assume it should be possible to fix.

SANT1 likes this.
  10. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I will see if this is easily done. If not, ill bug Tansien.

Melkor, RikuGoesHam, Pedor and 2 others like this.
  11. Thank the lord. Every second video I watch seems to have people doing this after an engagement, its ridiculous and reminds me of people checking K-D on COD.

Melkor and Pedor like this.
  12. Pedor

Pedor u ded now Leaderboard

Any news about this?

Melkor and Dreadd like this.
  13. Agreed this needs sorting! Just watch any recent video and people spend so much time using steam to check for kills its laughable.

JackZNU, Melkor and fletch like this.