Suggestions for future patches

Discussion in 'General' started by Ignak, 2015-02-06.

1. Karlis

Karlis Survivor Leaderboard

2. Something about the tropical setting just feels off to me.

Timmyctc, zypphon and JackZNU like this.
  3. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Yeah, not to mention the future warfare feel of it. Not a fan.
    Yes.
    I played H1Z1 a bit when it was released and spent some time thinking about base building in general. To me, the base building in Rust, H1Z1, Epoch etc just don't feel right. I mean fine, you can build a shed and put a crate it in. Then someone will come along when you're sleeping and steal all your shit.

No, there's better ways of doing it. I don't want to elaborate too much on it yet, I'd like to discuss it with some people first and maybe we can get started on it already.

Yeah, don't worry.

Can you post a screenshot of this? I don't really know what you're referring to...

Dreadd, Flame81, JackZNU and 4 others like this.
  4. You can see this list when you have a Steamfriend on the server and visit the gameinfo.
    Normally you get -1 instantly after a kill and some more points for blewing up vehicles.
    It resets every serverrestart.

Attached Files:

Dreadd, zypphon and papsh like this.
  5. Tansien

Hm, I'll see about disabling that.

Timmyctc, Dreadd, Lxgic and 10 others like this.
  6. Karlis

Karlis Survivor Leaderboard

Its not tropical map, just try it guys.

7. Krabi

Krabi Scavenger Leaderboard

Tansien, please make that weapon firing modes and zeroing save and not reset each time I pick something up from ground or switch to another gun/binoculars, etc.

Timmyctc likes this.
  8. How about getting rid of the input lag from vehicles when trying to steer. I never understood why it was put there as there's no input lag when I ride a bike in real life.

Also, allow weapon switching while running and stop the zombie zigzag. Zombies don't have survival instincts.

Timmyctc likes this.
  9. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Agreed. This was working way back, but Arma II OA betapatches keep breaking it.

Hmm? I don't have input lag on vehicles. Unless you mean that the wheels don't turn instantly from center to extreme angle? I would call that realistic instead of input lag. With bikes you can steer 60 degrees by just turning the bar 60 degrees, but on cars it takes like 1-2 rotations of the steering wheel - on trucks, even more.

Why everyone wants to turn DayZ into WarZ / H1Z1 alpha? Maybe the "rifle to sidearm" speed could be faster to compensate the zombies.

This is agree with, it has been tuned back and forward in almost every patch. They do not zigzag because they are trying to evade your hits - Virtual Reality's AI combined with the awkward pathfinding causes this.

Sadly the reality is that the zombies are not easy to fix, if even possible. Their speed has been buffed to compensate the zigzagging pathfinding, but this causes zombies to be overpowerly fast when the zigzag does not occur.

Last edited: 2015-02-11
  10. Tansien

This is probably never fixable. Can be improved upon maybe but never totally fixable, as mdms pointed out it has to do with how the ArmA AI works, and can't really change low level behavior like that.

11. This needs fixing:
    • Whitelisting is not working anymore. People without forum accounts can join & play.
    • A lot of people keep getting "Database error" when trying to login.
    • Reviving is bugged. Whenever somebody who got revived relog they die again.
    • A lot of people get the "DayZero.dll is missing" error.
    • The launcher is showing the wrong GUID.
    • There is still desync on the servers. Red & yellow chains.

12. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Fix

• Reemr stopped stream spec dayzero.

Lxgic, Bimborus, Flame81 and 3 others like this.
  13. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

Fix

• Servers get ddos protection and reemr starts spectator stream for dayzero again. (best thing we ever had)

papsh likes this.
  14. papsh

spot on mj ! reemr needs to start streaming again. i want to hear that sexy voice again.

Last edited: 2015-02-12
  15. You need to come talk to us m8

16. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

Also try get dayzero on dayz launcher, i think alot of people dont even know about dayzero cause we are not on those launchers :-( only old dayz players know about it

Flame81, weddy97 and Natural like this.
  17. papsh

hahahhaha indeed

18. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

DayZ Launcher does not support the features we are using. If we were ever to drop the whitelisting process we could also consider about sacrificing the Launcher features too, but personally I am not too keen about letting hackers play DayZero.

Timmyctc, Natural and Crowen like this.
  19. Suggestions for next patch:
    - Blastcore
    - New skins
    - More attachments for Russian variants
    - Deployable bypod (ACE feature)
    - New sound mod?
    - Fix DayZero.dll missing (must)
    - Fix Database error (must)
    - Fix broken arms
    - Re-skin for camo broken arms and black ones as well.

Krabi likes this.
  20. datblackman

datblackman Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Shouldnt we be a bit more concerned with repopulating the servers? I feel like only having 3 hours with more than 15 people on is the first fix that needs to be considered. Maybe start taking donations for advertising?

weddy97 likes this.