Suggestions for future patches

Discussion in 'General' started by Ignak, 2015-02-06.

1. Well let's put it this way.
    Do we want DayZero to sustain and fill one server [ARMA 2]
    Do we want DayZero to grow and blossom [ARMA 3 / other]

ARMA can be tweaked, it just so happens ARMA 3 is the better of the two with a longer lifespan in it.

Think about the bigger picture plz

Ignak, there's a like button for a reason ^^

Kennyy, M|J and Vycka like this.
  2. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

Well I know for a fact that should Tansien port/make DayZero for ARMA3 -AND- have some sort of base building, I'd certainly be interested. However, the caveat for me are the shitty looking ARMA2-maps.

3. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

-Weather at the night should be (sadly :-( ) always good... Many people going away when they see rain and fog.
    -Flash granades
    -Lower spawn rate of snipers and OP weapons.
    -More military buildings over the map to move action places from the airport.
    -Somethink interesting on South of the map(camps, gun farbics?)
    -Rebuild Altar

weddy97 likes this.
  4. Cain

Cain Glorious spokesperson of the CLA Leaderboard

Please no base building. That is the sole reason why I hate epoch and such. It just gives people more reasons to hoard and it takes the value of gear and lowers the tension of PvP.

Timmyctc, Joxe, JackZNU and 1 other person like this.
  5. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

+1

JackZNU and M|J like this.
  6. Tobias Solem

Tobias Solem Dunno exactly anymore what tits is I'm doing here

I have about as little or as much impact in the decision making as any random player on these forums, so do not worry about it. I am merely stating what would make DayZero interesting for me. I'm not sure how much experience you have with Epoch, but the fact that people spend time trying to gather materials means ample opportunity for engagements, where there are more to gain than just more PvP-gear. Also, attacking. raiding and taking over bases is a lot of fun as well. The amount of hoarding has little to do with bases, and more to do with containers, all materials in Epoch are destructible by design, which means that there always is a way to deny enemies of their hoarding ways by destroying their piles of stuff. All this creates more ways of fighting each other. I believe there are still containers in DayZero, or did Tansien remove tents and loot crates?

I think what DayZero does, and does well is providing a well-balanced PvP-focused foundation, and I think it would become even more interesting with base building, that is all.

7. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

The reason you can't do this is the MP5 is manufactured with or without a silencer (it's built in)

8. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Yeah Chernarus (Which is the only "good" map, besides Podagorsk - which is quite small) is getting to become aged.
    Problem is Altis is not really what I'd consider a good setting for a zombie apocalypse either. And if we should have started doing a port for A3 I should have started at the same time Breaking Point/2017 did.

However, I did get granted a bit of a sneak peek into modding for standalone and it seems promising. Honestly, 2017/Breaking Point are kind of wasting their time on A3 as there's a LOT of shit in development for standalone, which when it actually makes it ingame and modding is allowed will make it by far the better choice of the two games.

Not to mention there won't be a need to waste countless hours writing a survival system etc, I can just do what DayZero really is about, which is focusing on the core stuff and removing fluff. And we'll see where we go from there :)

Timmyctc, Dreadd, Natural and 13 others like this.
  9. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Tansien most of the people have the ability through steam option to see who killed who and basically every person can check if he killed a guy in a far distance. So the study option is useless atm cause of this steam option (in game info). Its a game breaking option in dayzero...

Can you do something about it or is it impossible? Most of the people have this steam option open in another screen next to them and they can see instanly in one second if they killed a guy or if they got killed from someone and they will see who killed them in a sec cause this guy will get a kill in the steam server info...

10. Should be able to fix as dayzero seems to be the only mod where you get -1 for a kill.

11. Croc

Croc Survivor Leaderboard

What is this option?

12. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

In reference to what @papsh said, the game info option seems like it can be enabled/disabled on certain servers, I see some do have it and some don't.

13. temeeh

temeeh Survivor Leaderboard

option what use only this dickcommunity who want only win, way without avoiding.

Rawryy likes this.
  14. What temeeh might be saying is that...you can easily see if you killed someone that you maybe thought survived by right klicking on someones name that is currently playing on the servero on steams friendslist, choose ''View game info'' and you get a list of all the players online.
    1 kill = -1
    2 kills = -2 etc..so you can just go in there..check ur own status if u got a kill or not, if u dont wanna run to the guys body to confirm the kill. Sorry for the long post #tryhard

15. Barrance

Barrance Scavenger Leaderboard

My main suggestions a very simple one, and thats of being able to vaguely choose a spawn point. Nothing too much, to stop battles on the coast getting out of hand, but I think being able to choose vaguely would save a lot of people a lot of commiting suicide! I can't be the only one. I think being able to choose between east/west south coast, or north/south east coast would be great. Even just south/east coast would be great I think.

weddy97 likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

Whatever you decide to do, don't make it into some RP shit, too much survival, too much AI stuff etc.

Just KEEP IT as it is kinda, PURE PvP.

It's probably the main reason there still is some people here. There is just nothing quite like Dayzero when it comes to pvp in the dayz mod.

papsh, JackZNU and Natural like this.
  18. Natural

totally agree

JackZNU likes this.
  19. Natural

Do you think you would able to fix the shitty CQB, weapon sway, etc?

M|J and JackZNU like this.
  20. Yup, this is the main reason I don't play DayZ SA, the grass is way too high too!

Natural likes this.