Provoking Tansien to keep going

Discussion in 'General' started by Ignak, 2015-01-24.

1. M|J

M|J twitch.tv/marcdevo Leaderboard

As papsh said, dayz launcher is the better one that more people use now, but still try get it on both if possible. And yes the fog and the rain should also be top priority(if i remember correctly we have twice the amount of rain as a fix to the "zoomed in running" removing the rain in certain angles, but it's simply not worth it, specially at night time.)

2. Predatory Clown

Predatory Clown Level 3 Wizard Leaderboard

When the rain and the fog hits my FPS tanks from 100 ¬ to 30/50. It can be a fun change, but only on occasion. It should be made alot less frequent.

RikuGoesHam, SANT1, zypphon and 3 others like this.
  3. Peep

Peep Hero

I made a donation page yesterday (https://donate.bmrf.me) that lists things we need to raise money for and automatically keeps track of how much we've raised and how much we need, with extra amounts rolling over into the next month.

I gave it to Tansien, and it seems like he'll be putting it up soon so the community knows how much he needs and already has in order to keep things running! Should help a lot with the people who are asking about donations, total transparency.

Krabi, Dreadd, zypphon and 2 others like this.
  4. rotunde

rotunde The Master Baiter Leaderboard

Does this cover the donations send to Tansien directly? I sent mine via Paypal to him and others did too. So this seems to be not accurate.
    *edit* didnt see this is about bmrf sorry

5. Something like this could still be a possibility if people are interested in such a thing.

[​IMG]

Karlis, Kennyy and olumox like this.
  6. Leaderboard is on the bottom of the list of priorities atm I think, especially one like that.
    But would be cool yeah

7. Peep

Peep Hero

It would only track donations that go through the page.

If you can give me actual HTML/CSS for it, I can do the backend and get it hosted. We're gonna need images for every weapon and skin in DayZero though, I think I already have images for most (if not all) of the weapons.

Last edited: 2015-02-23
    Kennyy, Krabi, Rogorugu and 5 others like this.
  8. papsh

papsh Pig Shooter Leaderboard

Why you dont replace se1 chernarus for a podagorsk server... noone is playing on se1 and maybe podagorsk will get some players

Barney, Lxgic and Krabi like this.
  9. rotunde

rotunde The Master Baiter Leaderboard

What are the prerequisites for helping with development? What languages/tools are used? Is the code commented?

10. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

If DayZero gets put on DayZ Commander/Launcher again we'll need a third-person Chernarus server

YarwoodUK and M|J like this.
  11. papsh

Yeah you are right, i forgot about it. I really missed podagorsk though. It was a very nice and well polished map, and the only option to play it atm is to join shity CCG hack servers.

12. Tansien

Tansien Administrator Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

I did some work earlier in bringing Podagorsk up to date, was not fully completed though. Really want to fix the DayZero.dll error before trying to put it back on launchers though.

Anumath, JackZNU, zypphon and 12 others like this.
  13. M|J

I don't know why people get it anymore. It came with a battleye update, I havn't had it in quite awhile, 2-3 battleye updates after the update that brought it fixed it for me, and havn't seen it since.

ps. Thx for bringing back the "Chat" tab on the forums. Cuz cba starting up hexchat :p

Last edited: 2015-02-27
  14. papsh

Yes! Go on Tansien i love you! (no-homo)

15. M|J

Leaderboard's back. N1

Lxgic and Kennyy like this.
  16. Ash_01

Ash_01 Scavenger Leaderboard

Today was a good day.

Krabi, weddy97 and Kennyy like this.
  17. Timmyctc

Timmyctc Shipwrecked Leaderboard

I'd definitely be up for Donating again. I was a donator back a few months ago when the servers were maxing out (needed dat priority access yo) Not sure if its an inherent issue with the engine or something fixable but if you could fix the clunky inventory UI. Even things like the erasing of things going into a backpack with not enough space that'd be handy. Or an easy method of navigating the UI. Obviously we're all used to it by now but its always hard getting new guys into the game when they just dont 'get' the UI :p

Making the entrenching tool mandatory for hiding bodies would be cool too. It also seems like sometimes the cleanup script for bodies (Not sure if player bodies run at the same time as zeds) happens waaaay too fast. Killed a guy near Zlen today and his body was gone <10 mins for sure.

Things like collision with walls causing broken bones and death I imagine is inherently difficult to patch out due to the engine but would be cool also. If you were looking to get 'mainstream' players back into the game too some other UI changes might be handy. Like I know in the original mod the % on the vehicles parts were reversed. (As in it was % damage as opposed to % condition in Zero) If new players are gonna be joining maybe a more streamlined UI for fixing vehicles too or something. There's probably much more pressing bug issues too but I havent been playing regularly in a month or two. (Excluding the last 3 days)

In Tansien we trust.

18. weddy97

weddy97 Häftmassa Leaderboard

it doesnt delete the item, it drops somewhere around you and it could be pretty far i think (most of the times when ive accidently deleted an item i found it)

Kennyy likes this.
  19. papsh

if your slots in inventory and backpack are full and you have pkm mags or mags that takes 2 slots be carefull cause if you change guns you will loose one somewhere in the grass