IMPORTANT! Vote Extend Daytime? [VOTE]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by YarwoodUK, 2014-08-22.

?

[SE2] Extend Day Time?

1. 1

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. Yes, by two hours.

54 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. Yes, by three hours.

27 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. No, it's fine how it is.

56 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You know what to do.

2. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

SE2's ingame clock will be moved backwards by 2 hours at 15:00 restart today.

Barney, jackrobbx, rotunde and 5 others like this.
  3. Hanness

Hanness ZNU bitch Leaderboard

How long is the estimated downtime?

4. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

my thoughts on these changes...

test 1 hour extension, not 2 :)

jonasmark likes this.
  5. Natural

Natural Through space and time... Leaderboard

thinks its perfect, se1 3dp change is also very cool

appreciate the changes :-D

6. now that I first tried out the new day/night cycle i think the extension shouldnt be 2 hours but only 1... at 11:30 pm it was still very bright with beautiful blue sky

7. I voted for "its fine how it is", cause:
    Normally the server was full from ~ 6pm till midnight (my timezone)
    I would say this was perfect, you had daylight till ~9pm and starting getting dark after the restart. So it was nearly the middle from the filled server when the daylight changed.
    Now you have 5 hours daylight and 1 hour "darkness" on the full server, if you prefer to play at night you only have a few players left...

Pls change 1 hour more daylight max, there are not that few players that prefer to play at night. But now its nearly impossible if you have to stand up next morning. :-(

Zaic likes this.
  8. jonasmark

jonasmark Creator of Awesome Leaderboard

Well some squads, mine for example, never usually log in before 6PM restart... 6PM - 8PM is usually sunset, with the god awful glare, and after that it's just grey. I don't mind night time but as it was before I only got glare hours + grey hours every day, will be nice to get some daytime.

But yeah 1 hour probably would've been better but still good as it is now.

JoeRogan and jackrobbx like this.
  9. When we came back to dayzero the night time was a turnoff as we only get to play in the evenings and night... Meaning it's allways dark. I think this is a barrier to entry for a lot of people

Natural likes this.
  10. McBeef '

McBeef ' Scavenger Leaderboard

So SE2 will be at UTC-4 then instead of UTC-2 ?

11. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

anyone who voted to push back 2 hours want to change their minds or no? seems like people didn't realise that dusk starts 2 hours later, not exactly 'dark night-time'.

Lxgic, temeeh, Flame81 and 1 other person like this.
  12. ollie

ollie Secret Agent Leaderboard

yeah, one hour would actually be much better. The annoying time of day with the sunglare and washed-out colors felt so dragged out this evening. Wish we could just go from full on daytime to greyzero/nighttime instantly and skip the annoying transition that no one seems to like.

Flame81, jackrobbx, Rawryy and 3 others like this.
  13. temeeh

temeeh Survivor Leaderboard

yeah-o. I did just that... :rolleyes: ambiguous vote question at least for me :-D

14. Khanarac

Khanarac Scavenger Leaderboard

Lame change Imo, now I'l never see the moon again.

Is it possible to have the server not run on realtime? If an ingame hour would be 40-50 minutes instead of 60, this would cause asynchronisation to real life times, meaning if you start the game each day at 18:00, you would play on diffrent ingame times each day.

I'm rather certain this was suggested by someone before, it seems so obvious. So maybe it can't be done :/

Dreadd likes this.
  15. could be fun, but then again people might get annoyed when they finally log in to find a daytime they dont like to play in..

i voted its fine how it is, but im not bothered at all, i like both day and night and will play no matter the weather ;-)

16. Strikeh

Strikeh Shipwrecked Leaderboard

Yes, please. Any time and I'd be satisfied. I just want to be able to see what I'm doing when I play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.