I want to stream, but i cant! Plezz helph

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Daniel Karlsson, 2014-07-08.

1. It would be fun to record and stream DayZero but i cant. I dont know alot about computers, i pretty much just play games and browse teh internets.

I need to upgrade! But what?

My baby:
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3.41GHz
    RAM 16.0 GB
    AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (3072mb)
    With Legendary Swedish internet

2. link to your speedtest, only thing that matters when streaming is internet speed basically, that rig is good enough to stream, with ease.

NuclearAdmiral likes this.
  3. NuclearAdmiral

NuclearAdmiral Back in business

4. Which software are you using to try and stream with?

5. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3612488352 and i use OBS.

I've been trying with different options now. Default options + 1800 bitrates is the best so far. It looks o k but i get spikes(~1s) every 25sec or so. I'm thinking my hardware isnt good enough.

6. I just tried 1500. It runs very good but the quality of the stream is just terrible in my opinion. Sad

7. You should be able to get good quality from 12Mb/s upload speed..

Have you got dual monitors? You can see the bandwidth counter in OBS go red if it starts to get saturated.

Sounds stupid, but try XSplit, auto-detect settings and see if that's an improvement..
    OBS is quite complex to a beginner.

8. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

CPU not good enough. Stream 720p 30fps downscaled from 1080p.

My OBS settings: http://imgur.com/a/3QnXY (with an i7 4770k)

YarwoodUK likes this.
  9. Have you tried Nvidia NVENC ? If so, any good?
    I imagine there's plenty of GPU usage on the 780 left over as ARMA 2 doesn't use a lot in the first place.

10. Rawryy

Rawryy die hasslon Leaderboard

good performance improvements, shit quality, not worth using imo.

11. I'll try Xsplit if i dont see any improvements i might upgrade my computer a littlebit. Thanks team

NuclearAdmiral likes this.
  12. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

Try OBS, x264, 720p, 30FPS, 3500kbitrate, AAC audio. If you get stutter you need a better CPU. Generally AMD + Arma2 + Streaming is just not gonna work. NVENC is not an option since you are using Radeon card. Also make sure you select a good Twitch/Hitbox server. I think Twitch has a streaming server in Stockholm nowdays, use that.

Daniel Karlsson likes this.